Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

1. -81
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    RT has what we had last year at WR and TE minus Marshall. Hell had a weak WR core with Marhsall last year and now you take that away and what are you left with? Really think about this....Brian Hartline is our best WR!!!!! Brian Hartline, Really??? Bess is the next best reciever and both of these guys are under 5-9.

Not saying I disagree with you about the fact that THill doesn't have weapons, but Hartline is 6-2. He's also 199 lbs, which means he has no way of playing the ball against physical corners. We need more weapons, we need a better line, we need a better running game. At that point, we will see if THill is the answer. I can't say for sure either way, but we at least have to take a shot into next year. If he gets weapons and fails, time to move on.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    Oh, so Shefter thinks there is a chance Tannehill isn't the answer. Now, he's not saying he won't be the answer, but there is a chance he won't be the answer. Shefter thought he was the answer 6 weeks ago, though now he isn't so sure. Though, he isn't saying he isn't the answer.

LOL, must be so hard being a reporter / journalist. You can never go back on what you said, I mean, sometimes you can go back on what you said, I mean, you will always go back on what you said, I mean...
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PALMA View Post
    I was at the game. Paid good money to see that missed play with my own eyes. My criticism is warranted.

But if that's not good enough for you, he missed Hartline twice last week too. He's leaving touchdowns on the field weekly.

Not sure about you, but I'm not exactly thrilled watching 13 points, taking a miraculous one handed grab by Fasano to actually punch it in on 4th down.
    Hear this from people all the time. Someone PLEASE for the love of God explain to me how being at the game somehow lends more credit to what you saw.... "With your own eyes"???
    I watched it at home on TV....what do you think I watched it with? You're how many feet from the field.....and the jumbo screen? I'm 20 feet from my big screen with the network replaying it over and over in slow mo and zooming in. Guess what I'm saying is to answer your question.......NO it's not good enough for me. I don't even know if I agree or disagree with your statement...........just can't stand when people try to explain that their point is more valid bc they attended the game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im a bit worried that I havent seen improvement since the Colts game BUUUUT......in order to form a well educated opinion on Tannehill, Im going to have to evaluate a full 2 seasons with 32 starts. 2 years is enough time to know what you have, until then...relax and enjoy the growing pains guys
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba-nator View Post
    out of all the rookie qbs, whose the only one without ANY help?

Ryan Tannehill
    Will we be saying this in 4 years? Tanny wouldve been great, except he had no help. This would be a sad epitath - eventually Tanny will need to make it happen with or without an all-star supporting cast.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    Hear this from people all the time. Someone PLEASE for the love of God explain to me how being at the game somehow lends more credit to what you saw.... "With your own eyes"???
    I watched it at home on TV....what do you think I watched it with? You're how many feet from the field.....and the jumbo screen? I'm 20 feet from my big screen with the network replaying it over and over in slow mo and zooming in. Guess what I'm saying is to answer your question.......NO it's not good enough for me. I don't even know if I agree or disagree with your statement...........just can't stand when people try to explain that their point is more valid bc they attended the game.
    Maybe because being at the game is clearly different and allows a viewer to see what is happening real time, all over the field - not just the portion of the field the cameras show. You can see a ton more by being there live.

And if this wasn't the case, maybe all pro scouts and college scouts can merely stay home and watch Red Zone channel plus ESPN.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    Just because someone is at the game doesnt mean they see more than us at home see. They actually see less. Seeing a game in person has far worse vantage points (regardless of where your seats are) than seeing it on TV. Ive been to games, with the awesome seats, so I know what Im talking about
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin will end up like Cam Cameron and John Beck. Watch and see. And the fault will once again be the owner and manager.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mariocarciero View Post
    Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin will end up like Cam Cameron and John Beck. Watch and see. And the fault will once again be the owner and manager.
    Um, you do realize Tannehill and Philbin already have 4 more wins than Cameron right? Or maybe you dont
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    Will we be saying this in 4 years? Tanny wouldve been great, except he had no help. This would be a sad epitath - eventually Tanny will need to make it happen with or without an all-star supporting cast.
    We are still saying a version of this almost 20 years later with Dan Marino. The lastest being "Oh! what if we would have gotten Barry Sanders. How many Super Bowl would we have won." Think about it man Marino had Duper and Clayton for a majority of the years here then he had fryer, byers, and a hell of a TE in the final shula years.

This is a team sport that relies on every one doing their jobs. This is not basketball where one guy can essentially win you the game.
    Quote Quote