Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rewatched the 4th quarter and the incompletions

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15

Somebody rewatched the 4th quarter and the incompletions

On those 5 throws, you tell me what Ryan should have done differently.

1) The first one Ryan had to throw it away because Willis came in unblocked.
    2) The designed deep throw to Matthews. No shot at making that one. Completely draped by the CB.
    3) Another throw away because of quick pressure and not finding anybody open.
    4) The play to Bess. I don't see how this is a "miss". Even Brady "misses" this almost every time. Rodgers was right in his hip pocket, and the throw was over the middle...The toughest throws to make in football are directly in front of the QB where he has no angle to fit a ball in. Nearly impossible throw to make...Plus, a play that should not have been called in the first place.
    5) I want to see the coaches film when it gets released tomorrow to see if anybody was open, but obviously the throw to Moore had no shot of being completed. Even if the throw was accurate (again, even a throw Brady probably doesn't hit), it probably gets knocked down because of coverage.

Those 5 plays weren't on Tannehill. Sorry.
    http://www.phinfever.com/view...php?f=2&t=8116
    Last edited by finjim; 12-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the commentator even sid you can't blame that miss throw to bess on RT. He said when you have a slot WR taht has 4.7 speed running a deep route, as a QB you have to be NEAR 100% perfect and the WR has to be perfect in order to make tha tplay. He is accurate on his decision. For those of us that hav eplayed the game know that having to throw a 30 yarder to a slow guy requires a big time playmaker and a perfect pass but throwing to a 6' 4.4 guy requires a good throw not a PERFECT throw due to the window for ball placement.

I was PISSED with RT missing it but only pissed becasue it could have been a TD had the WR been decent. Have you seen his accuracy on deep throws all year? I have checked over and voer again on tape and hes usually 8 for 10 in stride to the WR hands.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is hilarious. Jim copied and pasted that from another Dolphins forum and as if he wrote it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rewatched the 4th quarter and the incompletions

Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    the commentator even sid you can't blame that miss throw to bess on RT. He said when you have a slot WR taht has 4.7 speed running a deep route, as a QB you have to be NEAR 100% perfect and the WR has to be perfect in order to make tha tplay. He is accurate on his decision. For those of us that hav eplayed the game know that having to throw a 30 yarder to a slow guy requires a big time playmaker and a perfect pass but throwing to a 6' 4.4 guy requires a good throw not a PERFECT throw due to the window for ball placement.

I was PISSED with RT missing it but only pissed becasue it could have been a TD had the WR been decent. Have you seen his accuracy on deep throws all year? I have checked over and voer again on tape and hes usually 8 for 10 in stride to the WR hands.
    He had the best deep ball accuracy in the league through like 10 games. He misses a couple throw in the New England game, and the idiots who know nothing about football start the 'Tannehill's deep ball accuracy sucks' narrative, and all the other idiots who are too lazy/stupid to form their own opinion see a couple incompletions yesterday and hop on the train. No one denies Tannehill has to improve his ball placement, but the 'he can't hit a deep ball' **** is just that- ****.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post

This is what people seem to be overlooking he has been good on deep throws this year especially considering whom he's been throwing to.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You will hear the coaches say it isn't one position, it's a "unit issue." Which is the same thing we've heard for years. Eventually heads must roll. One head.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thigpen was a big reason we lost yesterday. The two offsides killed us. Sean Smith blows bad after looking pretty decent in first half of year.

If anyone objectively watched the game, you would realize alot of mistakes were made. Tannehill threw no interceptions yesterday. Pretty big if you ask me on the road against one of the best defenses in the league.

Bottom line: Tannehill needs more power. TE and WR. Efiert would absolutely solve two problems. Red zone threat and great blocking.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    I thought all in all Tannehill played pretty well yesterday. The problem is that it hasnt been the norm. Id say yesterday was one of his better games this season. He didnt turn the ball over which is a huge plus. I didnt expect the team to score a lot yesterday.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I thought all in all Tannehill played pretty well yesterday. The problem is that it hasnt been the norm. Id say yesterday was one of his better games this season. He didnt turn the ball over which is a huge plus. I didnt expect the team to score a lot yesterday.
    Question for ya WV. Do u feel Tannehill has shown enough positive attributes, to deserve us to invest more time in him. Plus the draft picks and money to bring in playmaker. Or are we pissing up rope in your opinion?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    Question for ya WV. Do u feel Tannehill has shown enough positive attributes, to deserve us to invest more time in him. Plus the draft picks and money to bring in playmaker. Or are we pissing up rope in your opinion?
    Im definately having doubts about him at this point, and rightfully so. But, Id like to add a couple of legitimate NFL WRs to go with the 2 we have and a few other competent players at other offensive positions and see what the kid does with them next season.

If we bring in some talent on that side of the ball and he still plays like dog****, Id have to be prepared to move on.
    Quote Quote