Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

1. -11
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Think again. The lie about his family's past will come to full circle on a national scale. A lot of hispanics (especially Cuban-Americans who fled the Castro regime) are already upset that they were dubbed into a lie like that.
    How many Cubans do you know? Because half of my family is Cuban and I can assure you this isn't true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    How many Cubans do you know? Because half of my family is Cuban and I can assure you this isn't true.
    Shhhhhh....he hasn't learned what he doesn't know yet.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i was thinking the same thing. i live in florida and know a good amount of cubans, he is extremely popular in their community. the one thing that may come back to bite rubio is his issue with spending money on a credit card for personal use, the card was meant for business. there are also a couple of shady dealings he had when he was in the state government.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one aspect of 2016 I didn't bring up was Awsi's point, which he described with his usual aplomb. Like I said in my post, though, I think the Republican leadership has an intellectual grasp of the sea change that's going on and will move with self preservation to head off irrelevance but I'm not sure it's filtered down to the base of the party quite yet. It very well might take another election.

Rubio is the ideal candidate for the Republicans not just because he's Cuban (which won't help him as much as you think with Hispanics because there's natural animosity between Cubans and immigrants from other Hispanic countries, especially Mexicans and Puerto Ricans), but because he has a moderate position on immigration and his demeanor is accommodating and conciliatory even where his policy positions are not.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one aspect of 2016 I didn't bring up was Awsi's point, which he described with his usual aplomb. Like I said in my post, though, I think the Republican leadership has an intellectual grasp of the sea change that's going on and will move with self preservation to head off irrelevance but I'm not sure it's filtered down to the base of the party quite yet. It very well might take another election.

Rubio is the ideal candidate for the Republicans not just because he's Cuban (which won't help him as much as you think with Hispanics because there's natural animosity between Cubans and immigrants from other Hispanic countries, especially Mexicans and Puerto Ricans), but because he has a moderate position on immigration and his demeanor is accommodating and conciliatory even where his policy positions are not.
    great point.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have approx 25-30 Cuban-Americans friends from when I lived in Miami. Over half of them were in support of Rubio before 'the lie' because he was one of them. The support reversed after his lie.
    I didn't say that every Cuban-American would not support him. But if half of your family likes to support someone who lied about such a small thing then you will get what you deserve. If I would be Cuban-American I would not support him anymore.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Shhhhhh....he hasn't learned what he doesn't know yet.....

Mmmmh. So full of insights. As always. Just don't get confused between the 'Anything...' thread and the PoFo.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have approx 25-30 Cuban-Americans friends from when I lived in Miami. Over half of them were in support of Rubio before 'the lie' because he was one of them. The support reversed after his lie.
    I didn't say that every Cuban-American would not support him. But if half of your family likes to support someone who lied about such a small thing then you will get what you deserve. If I would be Cuban-American I would not support him anymore.
    25-30 Cuban friends? Did you own a cigar shop? Politicians lie about themselves all the time. I forgot, Obama is squeaky clean and never would embellish his past.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just stop. This **** with Rubio is already turning into a pseudo Birther movement and I can't ****ing stand it.

Don't be like those liberals who say they can't stand racism and discrimination and then think anyone from Alabama is a racist, inbred hick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    25-30 Cuban friends? Did you own a cigar shop? Politicians lie about themselves all the time. I forgot, Obama is squeaky clean and never would embellish his past.
    I used to live in Miami for almost 25 years. Now I just live north of it. I count a variety of heritages among my friends: Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Argwentinians, Venezuelians, misc Europeans, yeah even US citizens.

I have had a rich and wonderful life with many aquaintances and friends. If you want me to I can easily count them by nation and give you a list of my very own United Nations.

Sure politicians lie but when you have so many politicians lie you have to separate them by degree of lie. I never understood a lie of the upbringing or heritage. It is the most despicable lie. So what if Rubio's parents did not leave the Castro regime but before that. No biggie. But to lie about it and make yourself something you are not starting with your upbringing? My goodness.
    Last edited by phins_4_ever; 12-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Quote