Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

1. -21
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Mmmmh. So full of insights. As always. Just don't get confused between the 'Anything...' thread and the PoFo.
    I was posting here before there WAS an "Anything Goes" forum. Don't worry about me.....worry about what your "friends" are telling you.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Just stop. This **** with Rubio is already turning into a pseudo Birther movement and I can't ****ing stand it.

Don't be like those liberals who say they can't stand racism and discrimination and then think anyone from Alabama is a racist, inbred hick.
    Your last sentence is overboard I think. Just because you can't handle MY opinion don't make that my problem and don't make me something I am not.
    Rubio on the other hand is what he is. Why did Rubio lie that he was the child of exiles from the Castro regime? Got an explanation? Maybe the half of your family can explain that. Just give me an explanation why.

I can explain to you why my Cuban-American friends are turning against him: They supported him because he was one of them. Either his parents had similar stories as some of my friends of the older generation or Rubio himself had similar stories as my friends of the younger generation. He symbolized the Cuban-Americans who are either descendents of Cubans who left because of Castro and he symbolized through his parents the generation who left Cuba because of Castro. That symbolism fell apart when it became known (after his election) that his parents left Cuba BEFORE Castro took over. Not just a few days or a few weeks or a few months before but a solid 3 (!!!) years. Therefore they have every right to change their minds. Here is what one of them said about Rubio: He is the cheap Cuban version of Mitt Romney.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I was posting here before there WAS an "Anything Goes" forum. Don't worry about me.....worry about what your "friends" are telling you.
    I am not worried about you. Why should I? That you can turn any conversation into a personal issue because you have nothing of substance to add is well known. And of course not to forget your ability when someone responds in kind you are running and screaming 'unfair'. Remember "game, set, match" not too long ago?
    I am also not worrying about what my friends say or don't say. They are all old enough. If you have nothing of substance to add why don't you just stay away from this subject.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not worried about you. Why should I? That you can turn any conversation into a personal issue because you have nothing of substance to add is well known. And of course not to forget your ability when someone responds in kind you are running and screaming 'unfair'. Remember "game, set, match" not too long ago?
    I am also not worrying about what my friends say or don't say. They are all old enough. If you have nothing of substance to add why don't you just stay away from this subject.
    Beacuse I am
    1. Over the age of consent
    2. Live in a free country
    3.You are not my daddy.

So you see, you reply to me because you do worry. It's kind of sweet in a creepy stalkerish way. I would suggest since i add so little to debates in your opinion, you use the ignore feature, so that you need not be subjected to my nothingness.

Game...set....MATCH!

I'll be looking for that ignore anytime now LOL

And by the by......Rubio will get pushed because the GOP has been told they lost the hispanic vote because of their draconian immigration stance. If they really want to go out on a limb, run a ticket of Jindahl and Rubio in any combination and see where it goes. Nowhere. None of them are substantive on the issues or compelled to make any change to Washingtons way of doing business. The good news is the Dems don't really have any charismatic leaders to put out there either. Hillary will be so old, theres no way to put her on top of the ticket and anyone suggesting Biden should be submitted for mandatory psychological evaluation.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Beacuse I am
    1. Over the age of consent
    2. Live in a free country
    3.You are not my daddy.

So you see, you reply to me because you do worry. It's kind of sweet in a creepy stalkerish way. I would suggest since i add so little to debates in your opinion, you use the ignore feature, so that you need not be subjected to my nothingness.

Game...set....MATCH!

I'll be looking for that ignore anytime now LOL

And by the by......Rubio will get pushed because the GOP has been told they lost the hispanic vote because of their draconian immigration stance. If they really want to go out on a limb, run a ticket of Jindahl and Rubio in any combination and see where it goes. Nowhere. None of them are substantive on the issues or compelled to make any change to Washingtons way of doing business. The good news is the Dems don't really have any charismatic leaders to put out there either. Hillary will be so old, theres no way to put her on top of the ticket and anyone suggesting Biden should be submitted for mandatory psychological evaluation.

I still don't worry darling. You are amusing me.

So someone who response to your posts in kind is sweet in a creepy stalkerish way? What does that make someone who just response out of the blue without being addressed and with no substance in the post?
    What does that make you in this thread?.
    Shhhhhh....he hasn't learned what he doesn't know yet.....

What would be the level about your 'creepy stalkerish way'?

Don't start this Game-Set-Match stuff again. You were schooled the last time.

I don't put anybody on ignore. It is too much fun. Plus the ignore feature is the tool for the weak.

And since you actually posted on topic:
    I am not worried about any Republican candidate for 2016. Too far away. And if the last Republican primaries are any indication they will push a nutcase anyways and the Democrats can nominate anybody.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still don't worry darling. You are amusing me.

So someone who response to your posts in kind is sweet in a creepy stalkerish way? What does that make someone who just response out of the blue without being addressed and with no substance in the post?
    What does that make you in this thread?.

What would be the level about your 'creepy stalkerish way'?

Don't start this Game-Set-Match stuff again. You were schooled the last time.

I don't put anybody on ignore. It is too much fun. Plus the ignore feature is the tool for the weak.

And since you actually posted on topic:
    I am not worried about any Republican candidate for 2016. Too far away. And if the last Republican primaries are any indication they will push a nutcase anyways and the Democrats can nominate anybody.
    Darling? Sorry sunshine, I'm strictly Chickly.....but don't fret, i'm sure you'll find some waterhead that's right for you.And speaking of weak tools, is that a case of having to be one to know one?

And i worry about pols all the time......where are the pols that represent the people? Not a one to be found.....
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your last sentence is overboard I think. Just because you can't handle MY opinion don't make that my problem and don't make me something I am not.

Why did Rubio lie that he was the child of exiles from the Castro regime? Got an explanation? Maybe the half of your family can explain that. Just give me an explanation why.

I can explain to you why my Cuban-American friends are turning against him: They supported him because he was one of them. Either his parents had similar stories as some of my friends of the older generation or Rubio himself had similar stories as my friends of the younger generation. He symbolized the Cuban-Americans who are either descendents of Cubans who left because of Castro and he symbolized through his parents the generation who left Cuba because of Castro. That symbolism fell apart when it became known (after his election) that his parents left Cuba BEFORE Castro took over. Not just a few days or a few weeks or a few months before but a solid 3 (!!!) years. Therefore they have every right to change their minds. Here is what one of them said about Rubio: He is the cheap Cuban version of Mitt Romney.
    Dude, get your head out of your ass. Did black people turn on Obama for "lying" about the fact that his parents were inspired to get married and have a child by the march in Selma, despite the fact that the first march happened in 1965 and he was born in 1961? Did Democrats turn on Hillary Clinton for claiming she had been named after Edmund Hillary, the first European to climb Everest, even though she was born six years before he made his ascent?

This type of mild pandering is normal. Every politician does it. Rubio admitted he got the dates wrong but records show his parents went back to Cuba for a short time after Castro took power but left and stayed away because, you know, Castro was being all Castro. Rubio's approval ratings in Florida and among Hispanics has not suffered as the result of this and won't.

I didn't vote for Rubio when he ran for Senator and won't be voting for him in the primary or the general election, if he gets that far. But neither my mother, my aunt nor the descendants of her 18 aunts and uncles (which covers about 200 eligible voters by now, of which only three are liberals, including me) have a problem with this. The early move to discredit him by making this an issue frankly disgusts me in it's hypocrisy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to live in Miami for almost 25 years. Now I just live north of it. I count a variety of heritages among my friends: Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Argwentinians, Venezuelians, misc Europeans, yeah even US citizens.

I have had a rich and wonderful life with many aquaintances and friends. If you want me to I can easily count them by nation and give you a list of my very own United Nations.

Sure politicians lie but when you have so many politicians lie you have to separate them by degree of lie. I never understood a lie of the upbringing or heritage. It is the most despicable lie. So what if Rubio's parents did not leave the Castro regime but before that. No biggie. But to lie about it and make yourself something you are not starting with your upbringing? My goodness.
    The Walrus just listed the lies of your beloved democrats. i dont trust ANY politican to tell me the truth about themselves. everytime Joe Biden brings up his rough and tumble roots from Scranten PA, i want to throw up. we obviously think differently, which is part of the reason why you actually trust the government with more of the peoples money, i dont. mainly because i believe they are all liars.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    ...which is part of the reason why you actually trust the government with more of other peoples money...
    I tweaked your quote. Hope you don't mind.

Again, how would our views change if we individually had to personally pay for the size of government we want?
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Dude, get your head out of your ass. Did black people turn on Obama for "lying" about the fact that his parents were inspired to get married and have a child by the march in Selma, despite the fact that the first march happened in 1965 and he was born in 1961? Did Democrats turn on Hillary Clinton for claiming she had been named after Edmund Hillary, the first European to climb Everest, even though she was born six years before he made his ascent?

This type of mild pandering is normal. Every politician does it. Rubio admitted he got the dates wrong but records show his parents went back to Cuba for a short time after Castro took power but left and stayed away because, you know, Castro was being all Castro. Rubio's approval ratings in Florida and among Hispanics has not suffered as the result of this and won't.

I didn't vote for Rubio when he ran for Senator and won't be voting for him in the primary or the general election, if he gets that far. But neither my mother, my aunt nor the descendants of her 18 aunts and uncles (which covers about 200 eligible voters by now, of which only three are liberals, including me) have a problem with this. The early move to discredit him by making this an issue frankly disgusts me in it's hypocrisy.

I had to read back on your 'stories' because I never heard that about Obama or Hillary Clinton.
    On Hillary Clinton: what I gathered is that her mother named her after Edmund Hillary because she read about him and liked the name. I didn't find anything that Hillary was named Hillary because he climbed Mt Everest which indeed happened 6 years after Hillary Clinton was born.
    Snopes had this explanation from 2006:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hillary.asp

And if you refer to the Hollrah editorial who began the claim that Obama connected his birth to the march on Selma Snopes has done a nice thing and sorted it out:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/saywhat.asp

I don't want to be picky but in both cases the claim you lay has been partially contradicted. According to Hillary's mother she has been named after Ed Hillary because she read about him and liked the name not because he climbed the largest mountain on earth. We certainly will never know if that is true or a fib story by a mother.
    Obama's story is iffy at best, just like Hillary's, but not a clear cut lie. But we may have to differ on these issues.

My head is fine. It doesn't matter if it is up my ass or not. Just because I oppose him for that lie and have an opinion formed and some of my friends agree with me does not mean that my head is up my ass. If your 200 plus family members love him more power to them but I would never tell anybody to get their heads out of their asses just because they have a different opinion. But hey, whatever floats your or their boat (no pun intended).

Rubio did not admit that he got the dates wrong. This story was not just some random incidental pandering. The story is listed in his official biography (at least was) and was mentioned several times in speeches throughout his career. The story changed after the Washington Post discovered that his parents came over in 1956. But like I said if your family likes him....
    Quote Quote