Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    The Walrus just listed the lies of your beloved democrats. i dont trust ANY politican to tell me the truth about themselves. everytime Joe Biden brings up his rough and tumble roots from Scranten PA, i want to throw up. we obviously think differently, which is part of the reason why you actually trust the government with more of the peoples money, i dont. mainly because i believe they are all liars.
    WTF?
    What does this whole thread have to do if I trust the government with more money. I certainly don't. You are now making stuff up. You don't know me and you don't know how I think and please find me a quote where I ever say that I trust the government with more money.

Who did you vote for in the last election and why?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Darling? Sorry sunshine, I'm strictly Chickly.....but don't fret, i'm sure you'll find some waterhead that's right for you.And speaking of weak tools, is that a case of having to be one to know one?

And i worry about pols all the time......where are the pols that represent the people? Not a one to be found.....
    Sure Darling. I thought you float this way. I don't know many guys who say "It's kind of sweet..." when talking about assumed actions of another male. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

And what pols are you talking about? I didn't mention any pols nor poles.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I had to read back on your 'stories' because I never heard that about Obama or Hillary Clinton.
    On Hillary Clinton: what I gathered is that her mother named her after Edmund Hillary because she read about him and liked the name. I didn't find anything that Hillary was named Hillary because he climbed Mt Everest which indeed happened 6 years after Hillary Clinton was born.
    Snopes had this explanation from 2006:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hillary.asp
    Edmund Hillary was not famous until he scaled Everest, which snopes even says. Her claim was rated "FALSE."

And if you refer to the Hollrah editorial who began the claim that Obama connected his birth to the march on Selma Snopes has done a nice thing and sorted it out:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/saywhat.asp
    I consulted this snopes story before I made my post. I stand by the way I portrayed it.

Obama's story is iffy at best, just like Hillary's, but not a clear cut lie. But we may have to differ on these issues.
    It's not "differing." My version of these events is accurate, whereas you are giving the benefit of the doubt to people you like and not to people you don't like, which is intellectually dishonest. I for one don't find a little pandering all that disqualifying. If you do, it's up to you to make your peace with supporting Obama and/or Clinton. And it's also for you to back up your claim that Rubio's "lie" will disqualify him among Cubans and other Hispanics when his approval ratings among Hispanics and other Floridians barely even blinked after this story came out.

My head is fine. It doesn't matter if it is up my ass or not. Just because I oppose him for that lie and have an opinion formed and some of my friends agree with me does not mean that my head is up my ass.
    No. Your head being up your ass is what makes your head up your ass.

If your 200 plus family members love him more power to them but I would never tell anybody to get their heads out of their asses just because they have a different opinion. But hey, whatever floats your or their boat (no pun intended).
    My mother, aunt and grandparents came by plane. You are really batting 1000 in this thread!

Rubio did not admit that he got the dates wrong. This story was not just some random incidental pandering. The story is listed in his official biography (at least was) and was mentioned several times in speeches throughout his career. The story changed after the Washington Post discovered that his parents came over in 1956. But like I said if your family likes him....
    O RLY?

A Florida Republican often touted as a possible 2012 vice-presidential candidate has admitted his Cuban parents did not come to the US as exiles from Fidel Castro's rule.

Senator Marco Rubio acknowledges "getting a few dates wrong" about when they left the Caribbean island.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15412810
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It's not "differing." My version of these events is accurate, whereas you are giving the benefit of the doubt to people you like and not to people you don't like, which is intellectually dishonest.
    Agreed.

Pick a lie ...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/ny...17hillary.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSvqJHAZ2ZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xgN5YegE#t=92s

It's funny how when someone we like tells a lie we dismiss it as a mistake or misstatement, or we try to justify it somehow.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WTF?
    What does this whole thread have to do if I trust the government with more money. I certainly don't. You are now making stuff up. You don't know me and you don't know how I think and please find me a quote where I ever say that I trust the government with more money.

Who did you vote for in the last election and why?
    As i stated before i voted for Romney, mainly because I believe and know that Obama either doesn't understand basic economics or doesn't care. I'm not sure why you are asking.

Your bs has been snuffed out in this thread by thewalrus, you are a partisan who gives passes to your people and acts all outraged when someone you hate says something misleading. I doubt you really have any "friends" who really care about this Rubio story.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Edmund Hillary was not famous until he scaled Everest, which snopes even says. Her claim was rated "FALSE."

I consulted this snopes story before I made my post. I stand by the way I portrayed it.

It's not "differing." My version of these events is accurate, whereas you are giving the benefit of the doubt to people you like and not to people you don't like, which is intellectually dishonest. I for one don't find a little pandering all that disqualifying. If you do, it's up to you to make your peace with supporting Obama and/or Clinton. And it's also for you to back up your claim that Rubio's "lie" will disqualify him among Cubans and other Hispanics when his approval ratings among Hispanics and other Floridians barely even blinked after this story came out.

No. Your head being up your ass is what makes your head up your ass.

My mother, aunt and grandparents came by plane. You are really batting 1000 in this thread!

O RLY?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15412810
    My oh my. Don't go all Statler on me with all this splitting and slicing of the quotes.

Whatever I could read about this issue Hillary Clinton never said that she was named after Ed because he climbed Mt Everest. Even Snopes acknowledges that Ed Hillary was more than just an 'obscure' person before that. Snopes though doubts the story from Hillary's mom as they could not verify if he was indeed featured enough times or properly exposed for her to read that name. Thus the final resolution: False.
    Only Hillary's mom knows if that story is true or false.

I guess on Obama we just have to disagree as well. The Snopes story's conclusion makes it a a mix mainly because Obama's speech while not a lie makes it hard to separate one of the other. It is very much like the "you did not built it" last summer. While the phrase clearly referred to the roads and bridges it was carried by Republicans like Obama said to small business owners "you did not built it".

Obama speaks and writes the English language thus keeping subjects in one paragraph even in his speeches. For a lot of people it is too much information or it is easier to just take tidbits and create a new reality. If you consulted the Snopes article then I would wonder why you lay that claim. Nowhere in the article it says that he claimed that he was created because of the March on Selma except the quotes from one of the editorial writers who obviously misconstrued the speech.

But whatever.....

Great that your family came by plane. I guess you never used the phrase "whatever floats your boat". And to make sure that this phrase is not being used for anything else but its intentions I put the disclaimer 'no pun intended' behind it. But in this one incident you actually have proven my notion that people love to take smaller quotes and phrases in an attempt to discredit the speaker or writer and make quotes sound more vicious than they are.
    You highlighted 'whatever makes your or their boat float' and totally disregarded '(no pun intended)'. You are trying to make a point where their is no point. The reason why I used the notation '(no pun intended)' is that in this very case it could be constructed as a vicious attack on your family which it was not - neither intended nor used that way.

No, it was not Rubio who said 'he was wrong on the dates'. As a matter of fact even when he was told his story doesn't check out he stayed with it for a little while longer. Until his campaign changed the story and said that Marco was wrong on a couple of dates. And that message was then carried by Rubio.

Unfortunately we have not the luxury of selecting between an honest politician and a dishonest politician. Only selection we have is between dishonest politicians who vary in their dishonesty. The last election clearly has shown that we have no other options. Therefore the only options someone has: stay away from voting or vote for the one who is the least dishonest politician. Sucky choices.

Since we do disagree on the interpretation of Snopes articles and a certain Rubio timeline I don't see it of value to continue this discussion. We have to agree to disagree and that's that. It is also more likely that I will not further respond in this thread because you are turning Statler on me not only splitting quotes but also misconstruing my intentions by taking partially quotes and disregarding the surrounding text. Turning my 'float the boat' quote into something vicious is a sad move commonly used in politics and I thought we all despise this type of behavior. Doing something like that has only one purpose and one purpose only: discrediting the writer or speaker without any substance, creating an issue out of nothing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    As i stated before i voted for Romney, mainly because I believe and know that Obama either doesn't understand basic economics or doesn't care. I'm not sure why you are asking.

Your bs has been snuffed out in this thread by thewalrus, you are a partisan who gives passes to your people and acts all outraged when someone you hate says something misleading. I doubt you really have any "friends" who really care about this Rubio story.
    Then you have me all figured out. Friendless (or at least have no friends who care about the Rubio story) and lonely....Good for you. (construction process)

Why did I ask? You seem to care so much about lying politician that you have chosen (in the last election) someone who has lied in every which way possible. More lies than I have yet to see from any poitician and lies in a much shorter period of time than I have ever seen from any politician. Now if I would be you and begin an internet evaluation of your character I could construct your vote into something completely different and turn this thread into something it should not be. But as friendless and lonely as I am I am also not that vicious.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since we do disagree on the interpretation of Snopes articles and a certain Rubio timeline I don't see it of value to continue this discussion. We have to agree to disagree and that's that. It is also more likely that I will not further respond in this thread because you are turning Statler on me not only splitting quotes but also misconstruing my intentions by taking partially quotes and disregarding the surrounding text. Turning my 'float the boat' quote into something vicious is a sad move commonly used in politics and I thought we all despise this type of behavior. Doing something like that has only one purpose and one purpose only: discrediting the writer or speaker without any substance, creating an issue out of nothing.
    http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38409/
    Hillary lied....build a bridge and get over it

Obama lied....build a bridge and get over it

All politicians lie....it's what the people not engaged in the promise of our country spout to indemnify them against attacks of their chosen representatives, preserving their "ideals" at the expense of our country grinding to a stifiling quagmire and turning from a representitive republic into an oligarchy.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38409/
    Hillary lied....build a bridge and get over it

Obama lied....build a bridge and get over it

All politicians lie....it's what the people not engaged in the promise of our country spout to indemnify them against attacks of their chosen representatives, preserving their "ideals" at the expense of our country grinding to a stifiling quagmire and turning from a representitive republic into an oligarchy.
    As I have stated in this thread and always did:

Unfortunately we have not the luxury of selecting between an honest politician and a dishonest politician. Only selection we have is between dishonest politicians who vary in their dishonesty. The last election clearly has shown that we have no other options. Therefore the only options someone has: stay away from voting or vote for the one who is the least dishonest politician. Sucky choices.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My oh my. Don't go all Statler on me with all this splitting and slicing of the quotes.

Whatever I could read about this issue Hillary Clinton never said that she was named after Ed because he climbed Mt Everest. Even Snopes acknowledges that Ed Hillary was more than just an 'obscure' person before that. Snopes though doubts the story from Hillary's mom as they could not verify if he was indeed featured enough times or properly exposed for her to read that name. Thus the final resolution: False.
    Only Hillary's mom knows if that story is true or false.

I guess on Obama we just have to disagree as well. The Snopes story's conclusion makes it a a mix mainly because Obama's speech while not a lie makes it hard to separate one of the other. It is very much like the "you did not built it" last summer. While the phrase clearly referred to the roads and bridges it was carried by Republicans like Obama said to small business owners "you did not built it".

Obama speaks and writes the English language thus keeping subjects in one paragraph even in his speeches. For a lot of people it is too much information or it is easier to just take tidbits and create a new reality. If you consulted the Snopes article then I would wonder why you lay that claim. Nowhere in the article it says that he claimed that he was created because of the March on Selma except the quotes from one of the editorial writers who obviously misconstrued the speech.

But whatever.....

Great that your family came by plane. I guess you never used the phrase "whatever floats your boat". And to make sure that this phrase is not being used for anything else but its intentions I put the disclaimer 'no pun intended' behind it. But in this one incident you actually have proven my notion that people love to take smaller quotes and phrases in an attempt to discredit the speaker or writer and make quotes sound more vicious than they are.
    You highlighted 'whatever makes your or their boat float' and totally disregarded '(no pun intended)'. You are trying to make a point where their is no point. The reason why I used the notation '(no pun intended)' is that in this very case it could be constructed as a vicious attack on your family which it was not - neither intended nor used that way.

No, it was not Rubio who said 'he was wrong on the dates'. As a matter of fact even when he was told his story doesn't check out he stayed with it for a little while longer. Until his campaign changed the story and said that Marco was wrong on a couple of dates. And that message was then carried by Rubio.

Yup. I'm just like Statler.

I've never found your posts particularly interesting or useful -- which I'm pretty sure is the majority opinion around here -- even though our political opinions are both somewhat similar, but now I have a good reason to add you to my ignore list. Congrats.
    Quote Quote