Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

1. -51
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i dont really believe you actually think thats how private equity works. you are painting a perverted example of an important and positive system of our economy. without private equity small businesses would have the money to start up and big businesses wouldnt have the ability to re-tool. do you have money in the market? if you do, youd better hope there are people like romney out there smart enough to see a struggling business and what it could be.

something obama is not smart enough to ever do, but hey, at least hes black.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont really believe you actually think thats how private equity works. you are painting a perverted example of an important and positive system of our economy. without private equity small businesses would have the money to start up and big businesses wouldnt have the ability to re-tool. do you have money in the market? if you do, youd better hope there are people like romney out there smart enough to see a struggling business and what it could be.

Awesome statement.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

Running a country is not the same as running a company. If that needs explaining then start doing some reading.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    About $156,000,000,000 is still outstanding. Most of that is from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Considering the government's track record, only losing 25% seems like a huge success.

http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/...d-in-1-graphic
    Those opposed to it at the time, they all expected the bailout funds to be be lost and additional bailout funds would eventually be required by those companies. Didn't happen. Also, A little thing like averting a financial collapse and the implosion of the worlds economy. Even if we didn't receive another cent back, it was a price well worth paying and only a fool would argue otherwise.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

i think you are confusing TARP with the american recovery and reinvestment act. read a book and then get back to me.
    You are correct, I meant to break that off into another paragraph. However, it all amounts to the same thing, the vast majority who were against the bailout, were against the stimulus.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Awesome statement.
    It's true
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    You are correct, I meant to break that off into another paragraph. However, it all amounts to the same thing, the vast majority who were against the bailout, were against the stimulus.
    uh no. TARP and stimulus were two very different actions. TARP stopped the logjam that was the financial system. The stimulus gave money to bs projects that never worked. Remember when obama said "shovel ready wasn't as shovel ready as we would of hoped".p

talking economics with a bunch of people who have never had real jobs is like punching yourself in the face.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Honestly, if that election is anything to go by I really doubt that Romney was the main mover for any of his companies business dealings. He seems to be a just a sign off guy. He came across to me as lacking intelligence to be quite honest.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Honestly, if that election is anything to go by I really doubt that Romney was the main mover for any of his companies business dealings. He seems to be a just a sign off guy. He came across to me as lacking intelligence to be quite honest.
    Aint it funny how all the dumb guys make millions, and Einsteins like us rot on football message board political forums?

Go figure

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Aint it funny how all the dumb guys make millions, and Einsteins like us rot on football message board political forums?

Go figure
    Wasn't he born into money? Becoming wealthy is as much luck as it is talent. I went to college with a rich girl who was pretty much as smart as your average Golden Retriever, but she'll never want for anything her entire life...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote