Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Ireland incapable of identifying explosive players?

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is Ireland incapable of identifying explosive players?

someone please explain why Belichick is so good at being a GM and why Ireland isn't?

Belichick has to practice, evaluate players, hold team meetings, hold position meetings, regulate the roster/injuries, meet with coaches & trainers, deal with the owner and the media, gameplan, then travel & coach games each week.

Ireland… just GM's.

Patriots are kickin ass and takin names.

Dolphins are getting their ass kicked and called names.

and everyone thinks Ross/Ireland are on par with Kraft/Belichick?

South Florida is a fool's paradise.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he doesn't know anything about talent. he's obsessed with acorns.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    someone please explain why Belichick is so good at being a GM and why Ireland isn't?

Belichick has to practice, evaluate players, hold team meetings, hold position meetings, regulate the roster/injuries, meet with coaches & trainers, deal with the owner and the media, gameplan, then travel & coach games each week.

Ireland… just GM's.

Patriots are kickin ass and takin names.

Dolphins are getting their ass kicked and called names.

and everyone thinks Ross/Ireland are on par with Kraft/Belichick?

South Florida is a fool's paradise.
    Belichick isn't a good GM. He has had more failures in recent years than Ireland. Most of his FA acquisitions have been spectacular failures in recent years. The difference is that they still win so no one cares about the failures. A hall of fame QB will mask a lot of deficiencies in talent acquisition. Without Brady, Belichick would have been run out of town in recent years because of his poor performance as a GM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please remember....that we were going to start this season with David Garrard at QB, Ocho and Nanee as or starting Wr's...now ask yourself can Ireland find talent or what??

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but we need more OTs and WRs that run a 4.7!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When faced with the choice between Daniel Thomas and Demarco Murray he chose Thomas. He chose Egnew over Hilton as a potential playmaker in our passing game. Yes, he has problems identifying playmakers.

Those are perfect examples of why Ireland (Ball Boy/Placekicker) Needs to Go. The Dolphins are not going anywhere, again until this Loser is Gone. Daniel Thomas and Egnew would not even be on a Good Teams Roster. Hence we are not a Good Team man.
    I really don't know what to make of this. If Demarco Murray was a Dolphin you'd be blasting Ireland for drafting a guy who had a litany of injuries in college and has only played in 50% of the games in his NFL career.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuro View Post
    I really don't know what to make of this. If Demarco Murray was a Dolphin you'd be blasting Ireland for drafting a guy who had a litany of injuries in college and has only played in 50% of the games in his NFL career.
    Nope. I can guarantee I would not have criticized a Demarco Murray pick. I was hoping on draft day that Ireland was targeting him but of course no he moved up for DT. Demarco's susceptibility to injury has been a major negative, but he is an explosive playmaker at the RB position and his playing 50% of games would still outproduce anyone else on our offense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    My biggest gripes with the Gates pick, he seemed really raw and did not have a long history of top production at a fairly minor institution. He seemed a guy with speed but was a lesser prospect to me than recent draftee Knox also from there. That combined with him being slightly overaged made him less of a prospect to me
    DId you follow the post draft PC during that year?

When we drafted him Ireland said fans wanted speed and were upset we hadn't added any and well now we have. He has big time speed that should increase our overal team speed.

That **** thought 1 guy, drafted in round 4 was a game breaker. Thats his issue even as a GM this year he will literally add 1 WR. He doesn't believe in WR talent and doens't know how to find WR talent.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abNORMal View Post
    Please remember....that we were going to start this season with David Garrard at QB, Ocho and Nanee as or starting Wr's...now ask yourself can Ireland find talent or what??
    Thats the scariest part man.

Our offense was going to consist of Gerrard, Thomas, Fasano, Ocho, and NaNaee.

Are you kidding me here? Wow I think my turkedy day homies only football tournament team wouldn't pick any of those guys up to form a team.

Do you notice one common theme there on that list? SLOW, UNATHLETIC, and NON PERFORMERS only METRICS.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I for one am tired of the dolphins drafting projects and "acorns" with potential. Why can't Ireland draft people who are naturally talented at their position instead of the so called "potential" factor. A rock has potential when it starts moving to do great damage, but until something causes that rock to move, it's only potential. I think he made the same decision with Tannehill. A project at the most important position. An acorn among oak trees.
    Quote Quote