Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Sunday's game is HUGE on SO many levels

1. -31
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am with you about RT finishing strong, but ultimately it is about wins. He has to get some.
    At this point wins don't matter. Period. You and others will point to empty seats. Well guess what, those seats will be empty anyways. These last few games are about who will be here next year. IMO, its all about the players on the roster. This game will have no more meaning than last weeks game much less next weeks game.

Starks, Fasano, Smith and others are playing these last few games for contracts with the MIA Dolphins. Tannehill is playing for growth, reps and looks. I will be more interested on Tannehills play these last few weeks, than the score board. Next year at this time I won't want to have this conversation.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    While Sunday's game with Jacksonville will be billed as a dud by the national media, some local writers and many on this site, those that truly follow the Miami Dolphins know that this game is huge for many within the organization. Fin Fans need to be watching this game closely.

I am stating here that Miami must win this game vs. Jacksonville for the immediate future. It does not matter that style points. It simply must win this game. Pretty or ugly...it must win it.

If the team does not win, all hell could break loose. It is one thing to play the Pats and 49ers close in loses, but the Dolphins cannot lose to a very flawed Jaguars team led by Chad Henne. If they do, it will call into question everything this current Dolphins team is doing. From the owner, to the GM, to the HC, to the new QB, to impending FA's. winning this game is paramount going forward for everyone involved with this team.

A lose this week means Jeff Ireland will burning on the hot seat. He should have been churned out two years ago. However, it is crazy talk that he is "safe" for next year. If the Fins lose to the Jags and Chad Henne, Jeff Ireland is too toxic to bring back. Jeff Ireland needs this win this week more than anyone.

Joe Philbin gets many hall passes around here. I agree he deserves much more time to do his job. I am not saying he will be fired. There is no chance of it nor should there be. However, Sunday is game he has to have. Philbin also needs credibility going forward with his team. He needs momentum and by winning 2 or the last 3 games would do that. I would be very impressed with a 7-9 finish. Heck, 6-10 matches last year's team. However, his team is at a crossroads game. Bottom line is his team MUST deliver in front of an empty stadium Sunday. They must come out with energy and execute. They have to do fundamental things to win like block, tackle and win the TO differential. If the team is lackluster, his direction he is taking the team will rightfully be called into question.

As a rookie QB, Ryan Tannehill deserves some slack. In fact, he has actually performed better than I thought he would. With that said, he is starting to take some heat. It is one thing to lose to the Pats and Niners. It is another to lose to Chad Henne. All RT has to do is have his team WIN the game...stats be damned. The **** storm that will come if Henne finds a way to win Sunday will be enormous.

It is hard to fathom the different ways the season could end. Win a couple games and the Fins come away with a solid 7-9 season considering where many of us thought they were at the start of the year. It would build momentum in what will become the most important offseason in many years in Miami. Come up short Sunday and look out. I was scorned for thinking the Fins would lose to Seattle and hence end up losing six in a row. Posters re-set some of my threads saying "see, the Fins will not lose six in a row...blah, blah, blah". Well, I was off....they have lost 5 of 6. A loss Sunday would mark another three game skid and losses in 6 of 7 games. The Fins MUST win this game to help build for the future.

Sunday will be an ugly dog fight. Mike Mularkey is a good football coach and is coaching for his career. Chad Henne will play loose. The Jags have some outside weapons in Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon and nice TE with Mercedes Lewis. On D, Jason Babin will be matched up with Nate Garner and got a strip sack of Mark Sanchez. No, the Jags are not the Pats. They can be run on a ton as Buffalo and the NY Jets proved. They also have a hard time protecting the passer. However, that is my point...if the Dolphins are inept in being able to exploit these things, then the leaders of this organization will need to be held accountable.

This Sunday is a must win.

In many ways, the season can still end strong with home wins vs. the Jags and Bills. However, if they go the other direction, look out...
    I've been listening to radio stations in Miami the last 2 weeks while at work and let me assure you, people are already questioning the entire franchise. They want to know why Ireland is still around, why they have no playmakers, and will they ever be good again.

Ireland is already on the hot seat.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winning out would be nice start to the off-season.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    This Sunday's game is not big at all. Ive seen what I needed to see from this team this season. The season is over. Im really not too concerned with how the team plays in a completely meaningless game.

The big game was 2 weeks ago. The stage was set. We were playing the best team in our division, in our stadium. Had we won, we prolonged our season no matter the outcome of the SF game. If we lost, we were done. It was the Pats chance to clinch the division. The question was...... were the guys we had on this roster going to stand for that ****? Or were they going to come out and rise to the challenge and not let those bitches clinch on our home turf. It was a huge gut check game. A game against a top level opponent to see wtf ya got. Well I saw. Did any of you?

What I saw was a tough defense that gave an outstanding performance. I saw an offense that is complete dog**** and nowhere near the level we need it to be in order to compete for anything signifigant in this league.

That game answered the questions I had as far as what we need to do in order to make this team a winner. We MUST get a lot better on offense. Period. Sure we could use some secondary help and another pass rusher, but the defense I saw was outstanding that day. The offense on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired.

So honestly, Im not to worried about how well the offense comes out and plays against what is probably the worst defense in the league this Sunday. If we score 30 points on Jacksonville, Im not going to think our problems are solved. This game isnt going to show me a damn thing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So beating a God awful Jags team shows us what?
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The game with the Jags is certainly a winnable game. I would say it's almost essential to get the (W). The team needs a win and the fans need something to feel good about. Losing to a bad team this late in the season could create a stench that would linger all through the offseason. The already fragile fan support doesn't need any more eroding and some late season wins can foster a lot of cohesion with the team going forward.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    This Sunday's game is not big at all. Ive seen what I needed to see from this team this season. The season is over. Im really not too concerned with how the team plays in a completely meaningless game.

The big game was 2 weeks ago. The stage was set. We were playing the best team in our division, in our stadium. Had we won, we prolonged our season no matter the outcome of the SF game. If we lost, we were done. It was the Pats chance to clinch the division. The question was...... were the guys we had on this roster going to stand for that ****? Or were they going to come out and rise to the challenge and not let those bitches clinch on our home turf. It was a huge gut check game. A game against a top level opponent to see wtf ya got. Well I saw. Did any of you?

What I saw was a tough defense that gave an outstanding performance. I saw an offense that is complete dog**** and nowhere near the level we need it to be in order to compete for anything signifigant in this league.

That game answered the questions I had as far as what we need to do in order to make this team a winner. We MUST get a lot better on offense. Period. Sure we could use some secondary help and another pass rusher, but the defense I saw was outstanding that day. The offense on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired.

So honestly, Im not to worried about how well the offense comes out and plays against what is probably the worst defense in the league this Sunday. If we score 30 points on Jacksonville, Im not going to think our problems are solved. This game isnt going to show me a damn thing.
    If you're a realist you really don't actually think the dolphins were going to beat the hottest offense in the NFL, let alone with our roster. That and I'm sure new england would have won at least one o the 49ers/Texans game along with the jags eliminating our hopes at the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    So beating a God awful Jags team shows us what?
    Losing to God awful Jags team shows us what?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

This team is hurting for a win. You are right it is "okay" to lose to the Pats and Niners. However, everything changes for the outlook of this team with a loss Sunday.

A win (or two) to end the season I am with you about "seeing enough". However, you are kidding yourself that with a loss vultures will not be flying overhead of this team.

For someone that is so supportive of Joe Philbin and Ryan Tannehill, I am surprised you do not think they need a win to get some cover.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

bro, u could not be more on target. this game is the furthest thing from huge. we are playing arguably the worst ****ing team in the nfl at home, winning proves ****. heck, if we do not come out and blow this team out ( not that i am expecting them to) there are major problems.

i think we need one of ur get real threads, bc people many ppl on this site need to get real about the situation right now with this team. it has been downright embarrassing and disappointing since that colt game.

just think about it man. 4-3, our team looks like they maybe for real going into that game, we go into indy and lose a tough one, and since then we have played like dog ****. from a realistic playoff shot to being pretty much eliminated mid december.
    Quote Quote