Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: This Sunday's game is HUGE on SO many levels

  1. -41
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2010
    Posts:
    2,539
    vCash:
    3822
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From a playoff standpoint this game isn't a must win, but as a pride standpoint it is. I don't think any Dolphin fan will say having Chad Henne coming into Miami and lighting us up wouldn't be a big deal. People were pissed when Sporano came in here and beat us, and he let go that Giant fist pump. I know we split the series with the Jets but you know it meant something to Tony Sporano to come into Miami and beat us. Just like it would mean everything to Chad Henne to come into Miami, and stare our new QB that replaced him across the field and dominate him. Probably wont mean anything in the playoffs, but I know it means something to these players and fans. Have to beat Chad Henne and the Jaguars.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,943
    vCash:
    24487
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    From a playoff standpoint this game isn't a must win, but as a pride standpoint it is. I don't think any Dolphin fan will say having Chad Henne coming into Miami and lighting us up wouldn't be a big deal. People were pissed when Sporano came in here and beat us, and he let go that Giant fist pump. I know we split the series with the Jets but you know it meant something to Tony Sporano to come into Miami and beat us. Just like it would mean everything to Chad Henne to come into Miami, and stare our new QB that replaced him across the field and dominate him. Probably wont mean anything in the playoffs, but I know it means something to these players and fans. Have to beat Chad Henne and the Jaguars.
    If Henne comes in and wins I couldn't care less. If he did that and it eliminated the Dolphins from the playoffs I'd care. 8-8, 6-10, 7-9, 5-11. It's all the same at this point.



    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,163
    vCash:
    2365
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If Henne comes in and wins I couldn't care less. If he did that and it eliminated the Dolphins from the playoffs I'd care. 8-8, 6-10, 7-9, 5-11. It's all the same at this point.
    If the jaguars beat us he officially eliminates us from the playoffs. And if we beat the pats a few weeks ago it doesn't really matter at this point because the pats are spanking that texan ass right now.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,312
    vCash:
    1421
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If beating crappy Jacksonville secures Ireland for next year.....Miami has more issues than we thought.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,104
    vCash:
    28062
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hayden's right. The enormity of the win is weighed by the magnitude of a loss.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,227
    vCash:
    1499
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    WV is right....our huge games were in November, specifically the Indi and Tennessee games. We were 4-3 and had a chance to make some noise for once and could not close the deal against the Colts to go 5-3. The team seemingly has never recovered from that and then we proceed to get humiliated at home against the Titans? Ouch. That just about buried the hopes of the 2012 Miami Dolphins.

    There may have had a small chance to regain some semblance of hope against the Pats at home, but again...come up short against our division rivals at home. Nail in the coffin. It stinks that every time we have a chance to get over the hump we blow it. The lack of game changers at the talent positions (especially on offense) continues to haunt this team. Whoever happens to be GM in Miami better fix this quick...no excuses with all the cap room and draft picks available to us.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,163
    vCash:
    2365
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    WV is right....our huge games were in November, specifically the Indi and Tennessee games. We were 4-3 and had a chance to make some noise for once and could not close the deal against the Colts to go 5-3. The team seemingly has never recovered from that and then we proceed to get humiliated at home against the Titans? Ouch. That just about buried the hopes of the 2012 Miami Dolphins.

    There may have had a small chance to regain some semblance of hope against the Pats at home, but again...come up short against our division rivals at home. Nail in the coffin. It stinks that every time we have a chance to get over the hump we blow it. The lack of game changers at the talent positions (especially on offense) continues to haunt this team. Whoever happens to be GM in Miami better fix this quick...no excuses with all the cap room and draft picks available to us.
    Beating the pats at this point didn't matter they still win the afc east look at they just wrecked texas no doubt they beat the **** out of the jaguars and seal the deal even if had beaten them.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,227
    vCash:
    1499
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Beating the pats at this point didn't matter they still win the afc east look at they just wrecked texas no doubt they beat the **** out of the jaguars and seal the deal even if had beaten them.
    Well of course it's easy to say all of that now. Had we beat the Pats at home we're still alive, period....whether it's in the division OR the Wild Card.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,163
    vCash:
    2365
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Well of course it's easy to say all of that now. Had we beat the Pats at home we're still alive, period....whether it's in the division OR the Wild Card.
    Had we beaten the patriots the pats would've spanked that ass even harder tonight against the texans giving us basically no shot (and this is without gronk). Hell they probably beat the 49ners next week and commit crimes on the jags the following week. Btw we are still in the wildcard technicaally lol but yeah we never had a shot at this division and tom brady is still a ****ing baller
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,777
    vCash:
    12073
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Beating the pats at this point didn't matter they still win the afc east look at they just wrecked texas no doubt they beat the **** out of the jaguars and seal the deal even if had beaten them.
    Its not so much that it keeps us alive, its that it really proves something.

    The defense proved a lot to me in that game. The proved so much that aside from keeping most of the players we have intact going forward, I wouldnt make a huge fuss about upgrading a couple of spots on that side that could use it. Because face it, if our D was good enough to keep that offensive juggernaut in check, or at least hold them to an amount of points that should be manageable to beat them, that unit is good enough to accomplish what we all want.

    The offense on the other hand continues to show that it is completely inept. Some serious changes need to be made on that side of the ball in order for this team to accomplish our goals. That Pats game was a huge indicator of that.

    This Jags game on the other hand does nothing.....

    Suppose the Jags drop 30 on us. Im not going to change my views on the defense going forward. Im going to say..... "you know what, when **** was on the line and we faced the dominant Pats offense, these guys came to play. I trust them in the future. Im not going to let one bad game in a situation late in the season where the game was meaningless sway my opinion".

    On the other hand, suppose our offense lights the Jags up..... Big deal. The Jags get lit up by everyone outside of the Jests. Any decent offense should light up the Jags. What this offense has shown me over the course of the season is that they simply cant get the job done. When **** was on the line and this offense had its chance to beat the best team in our division handed to it on a silver platter by our defense, they **** the bed. In the big spot, they failed miserably. Throughout most of the season they played like dog****. I cant get excited over dropping 30 on the Jags.

    If the offense plays poorly vs. the Jags.... well it just demonstrates further how much they blow.

    Lets say worse case scenario they get blown out.... again, the defense proved to me they can play. If we get another pass rusher and a good CB, GREAT! If not, Im not lacking confidence with this same unit going into next season even if they play poorly vs. the Jags. It simply dosent matter. Im confident the defense is good enough for us to consistantly win games. I would not worry about upgrading positions on the defense at the expense of not getting help on offense.

    The offense I KNOW is simply not good enough and we need serious changes. Nothing that could possibly happen in this Jags game is going to change any of that. Thats why this game is ****ing pointless and meaningless IMHO.

    I dont buy into the idea that Philbin cant afford to lose the game or any of that BS. Thats just another angle being shot by Hayden to promote his "losing the locker room" agenda. If this team loses to the Jags I would say it isnt Philbin losing the locker room. Id simply say its more evidence that the offense blows beyond all belief.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bills LB's looking like a huge weakness we can exploit sunday!!!
    By DolfanMan4Life in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 05:48 PM
  2. We NEED A HUGE Crowd On Sunday
    By Rocky Raccoon in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
  3. Huge Game for Us
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
  4. Weather: HUGE Factor in Sunday's game...
    By Danny_Dolphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 12:31 PM
  5. Huge Game Sunday!!!!
    By dw2 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-16-2001, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •