Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: This Sunday's game is HUGE on SO many levels

1. -51
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Its not so much that it keeps us alive, its that it really proves something.

The defense proved a lot to me in that game. The proved so much that aside from keeping most of the players we have intact going forward, I wouldnt make a huge fuss about upgrading a couple of spots on that side that could use it. Because face it, if our D was good enough to keep that offensive juggernaut in check, or at least hold them to an amount of points that should be manageable to beat them, that unit is good enough to accomplish what we all want.

The offense on the other hand continues to show that it is completely inept. Some serious changes need to be made on that side of the ball in order for this team to accomplish our goals. That Pats game was a huge indicator of that.

This Jags game on the other hand does nothing.....

Suppose the Jags drop 30 on us. Im not going to change my views on the defense going forward. Im going to say..... "you know what, when **** was on the line and we faced the dominant Pats offense, these guys came to play. I trust them in the future. Im not going to let one bad game in a situation late in the season where the game was meaningless sway my opinion". The only way philben could be gone is if jeff ireland gets fired and the next GM was to clean house and to be honest many usually do when the teams is bad but we will see.

On the other hand, suppose our offense lights the Jags up..... Big deal. The Jags get lit up by everyone outside of the Jests. Any decent offense should light up the Jags. What this offense has shown me over the course of the season is that they simply cant get the job done. When **** was on the line and this offense had its chance to beat the best team in our division handed to it on a silver platter by our defense, they **** the bed. In the big spot, they failed miserably. Throughout most of the season they played like dog****. I cant get excited over dropping 30 on the Jags.

If the offense plays poorly vs. the Jags.... well it just demonstrates further how much they blow.

Lets say worse case scenario they get blown out.... again, the defense proved to me they can play. If we get another pass rusher and a good CB, GREAT! If not, Im not lacking confidence with this same unit going into next season even if they play poorly vs. the Jags. It simply dosent matter. Im confident the defense is good enough for us to consistantly win games. I would not worry about upgrading positions on the defense at the expense of not getting help on offense.

The offense I KNOW is simply not good enough and we need serious changes. Nothing that could possibly happen in this Jags game is going to change any of that. Thats why this game is ****ing pointless and meaningless IMHO.

I dont buy into the idea that Philbin cant afford to lose the game or any of that BS. Thats just another angle being shot by Hayden to promote his "losing the locker room" agenda. If this team loses to the Jags I would say it isnt Philbin losing the locker room. Id simply say its more evidence that the offense blows beyond all belief.
    A few things I disagree with. The defense hasn't shown me they can play consistently like a elite NFL team they have a good front 7 but overall the defense still has big wholes. The secondary shouldn't be even included when you say the defense can play. They have been wildly inconsistent and clear one of the worst in the league. Sean smith is a mediocre number 1 CB and a decent number 2 CB. Our current 2nd CB is ****ing horrible wouldn't even be on most teams. Our Free safety is mediocre/bad. Then the only problem I have with the front 7 that I think is worth upgrading in the the opposite side of wake. Wake is a beast and it's a CRIME that we are wasting his prime with no pass rush from his opposite site. He is the lone person that brings any good pass rush in our entire front 7. I also don't think losing the remaining games gets him fired but the media will crash hard on the dolphins and we will hear several "is philben the right guy" "is tannehill really the future" articles and will really not help both of their confidence in any way and leave a bad omen on the entire team. Yeah the hayden agenda **** was ****ing retarded and showed some unbiased towards philben, couldn't believe it was really him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Had we beaten the patriots the pats would've spanked that ass even harder tonight against the texans giving us basically no shot (and this is without gronk). Hell they probably beat the 49ners next week and commit crimes on the jags the following week. Btw we are still in the wildcard technicaally lol but yeah we never had a shot at this division and tom brady is still a ****ing baller
    Probably, but it still would've been nice to sneak one past the Pats and have SOME kind of chance whether it be small or not. We gave them a game defensively...it's too bad our offense foils when it's time to step up.

Regardless of what happens these next few games, it's pretty much a given Philbin and Tannehill are still with us next year. I'm not saying they've been perfect...far from it, but you can't give up on them after one year especially with the lack of playmakers/game changers they've had to work with this season. It's Ireland who needs a good showing from the team to cool down his already burning seat.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    A few things I disagree with. The defense hasn't shown me they can play consistently like a elite NFL team they have a good front 7 but overall the defense still has big wholes. The secondary shouldn't be even included when you say the defense can play. They have been wildly inconsistent and clear one of the worst in the league. Sean smith is a mediocre number 1 CB and a decent number 2 CB. Our current 2nd CB is ****ing horrible wouldn't even be on most teams. Our Free safety is mediocre/bad. Then the only problem I have with the front 7 that I think is worth upgrading in the the opposite side of wake. Wake is a beast and it's a CRIME that we are wasting his prime with no pass rush from his opposite site. He is the lone person that brings any good pass rush in our entire front 7. I also don't think losing the remaining games gets him fired but the media will crash hard on the dolphins and we will hear several "is philben the right guy" "is tannehill really the future" articles and will really not help both of their confidence in any way and leave a bad omen on the entire team. Yeah the hayden agenda **** was ****ing retarded and showed some unbiased towards philben, couldn't believe it was really him.
    I dont dispute the secondary has had some rough games, but compared to the offense they are a splinter while the offense is a gaping stab wound.

Again, Id love to upgrade the secondary and add a pass rusher, but Im not willing to do it at the expense of not acquiring a player on offense. In other words if we hit a draft spot and its good CB or any good offensive position..... take the offensive player. If we have just enough cash to sign a FA offensive player or a CB but only one of those..... sign the offensive player. The defense is capable with exactly the personel it has right now. It could definately get better, but it isnt pathetic. Its capabale.

As far as if we lose some of these last 3 games and the articles about "is Philbin the right guy" or "is Tannehill the future"...... who cares. I mean, its the NFL. Anytime youre in a public spotlight like that, youre going to face criticism. The facts are that no matter what happens Philbin will be our HC next season and Tannehill will be our QB. If people want to post stupid **** or Omar wants to write his columns..... let em. Who gives a ****? All that will matter is how they perform next season. The results will speak for themselves. These last 3 games are meaningless.

If we lose all 3 and Hayden Fox says its because Philbin lost the locker room.... let him. Philbin may or may not make him look foolish next year. I know if he does, I wouldnt be allowed to bump the thread for some reason.

If Tannehill plays like dog**** for 3 more games on top of the 6 or so he has already then people should question whether or not he is the guy we have all wanted for 12 years now. It wont change the fact he will have more games next season to prove whether or not he is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just want this fricken season to end. I want Ireland fired and a competent GM brought in. We need to look towards 2013 and better things on the horizon
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a valid point. Jeff Ireland is fighting for next season and Joe Philbin, whether he realizes it or not, is fighting for 2014. Philbin is certain to return next season but if this year ends with a wobble then doubts surface toward Philbin and he might not be able to afford a similar 6-10 record next year.

If we win the next two games, the team is viewed positively and the missed field goals early in the season are spotlighted. Philbin won't be in any jeopardy a year from now, barring a disastrous record, and Ireland is safe into 2013.

Lose this game and we're the worst team in the league. That's how perception attaches these days. Reporters are expected to overreact. That's what fans want. Hence the Adam Schefter opinion. Skip Holtz was fine one week and out the door the next week, after a lopsided home defeat before a sparse crowd. Mario Cristobal was recruiting one night and called into the athletic director's office the next morning. That's college but the dynamic is identical, if not beyond, in the pros.

I have no idea how the two local writers asserted Jeff Ireland was safe, not with the scheduling realities. The crowds will resemble a Canes game the next two weeks. I guarantee you'll have photos showing up prominently on the internet, with the franchise mocked. This week is the crucial one. A win over Buffalo will do little to ease or reverse the guaranteed fan and media implosion if Jacksonville celebrates on our field.

The good news is Jacksonville is borderline inept in many categories, with a horrendous YPPA Differential. Miami goes from playing on the road against an excellent pass defense to "home" versus one of the worst.

Road teams with horrendous records generally play with pride on the road late in the season. Jacksonville will be ready to go early, like Kansas City on the first possession last week. If you smack them around defensively it's a jolt and they might cave. I'm not saying Miami will win big but there is a chance, unlike the two previous games we were favored by more than a field goal. St. Louis and Tennessee are markedly better than the Jaguars.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont dispute the secondary has had some rough games, but compared to the offense they are a splinter while the offense is a gaping stab wound.

Again, Id love to upgrade the secondary and add a pass rusher, but Im not willing to do it at the expense of not acquiring a player on offense. In other words if we hit a draft spot and its good CB or any good offensive position..... take the offensive player. If we have just enough cash to sign a FA offensive player or a CB but only one of those..... sign the offensive player. The defense is capable with exactly the personel it has right now. It could definately get better, but it isnt pathetic. Its capabale.

As far as if we lose some of these last 3 games and the articles about "is Philbin the right guy" or "is Tannehill the future"...... who cares. I mean, its the NFL. Anytime youre in a public spotlight like that, youre going to face criticism. The facts are that no matter what happens Philbin will be our HC next season and Tannehill will be our QB. If people want to post stupid **** or Omar wants to write his columns..... let em. Who gives a ****? All that will matter is how they perform next season. The results will speak for themselves. These last 3 games are meaningless.

If we lose all 3 and Hayden Fox says its because Philbin lost the locker room.... let him. Philbin may or may not make him look foolish next year. I know if he does, I wouldnt be allowed to bump the thread for some reason.

If Tannehill plays like dog**** for 3 more games on top of the 6 or so he has already then people should question whether or not he is the guy we have all wanted for 12 years now. It wont change the fact he will have more games next season to prove whether or not he is.
    THATS THE PROBLEM ,,,another year to PROVE HIMSELF ,thats bull because each year it takes to PROVE HIMSELF is taken another year for us to have to wait without getting to the playoffs and SB when we could have found out this year if he was for real AND DIDNT , we need to swallow our pride , and start taken chances and gamble a lil bit more , because trying to play it safe year end and year out isnt getting us nowhere fast.

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks

The big game was 2 weeks ago. The stage was set. We were playing the best team in our division, in our stadium. Had we won, we prolonged our season no matter the outcome of the SF game. If we lost, we were done. It was the Pats chance to clinch the division. The question was...... were the guys we had on this roster going to stand for that ****? Or were they going to come out and rise to the challenge and not let those bitches clinch on our home turf. It was a huge gut check game. A game against a top level opponent to see wtf ya got. Well I saw. Did any of you?

What I saw was a tough defense that gave an outstanding performance. I saw an offense that is complete dog**** and nowhere near the level we need it to be in order to compete for anything signifigant in this league.

New England didn't punt once in the first half and basically ran the clock for the entire 4th quarter with the lead, thats your idea of an outstanding defensive performance?!?
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    New England didn't punt once in the first half and basically ran the clock for the entire 4th quarter with the lead, thats your idea of an outstanding defensive performance?!?
    It's really pathetic what satisfies blind dolphin fans these days, isn't it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These last games are completely meaningless. We have 5 picks in the earley rounds of the draft, and if we ever needed those picks to be as early as possible it is now. So if we win now, just remember the feeling when our idiot gm is packaging picks to move up 5 spots to get a player we could have had if we lost. So we beat Jerksonville, they are horrible, or FLuffalo, another terrible team, all it gets you is worse draft order, thats it. People are worried about confidence, we won 3 straight games, sure didn't stop us from laying and egg in 5 of the next 6 games. It's about the future right now, and that future is players we need to get, not the scrubs we have now. I never flat out root for a loss, but i won't be crying in my milk if they do. If Philibin has any brains, he will be playing every rookie and young player we have the rest of the season. Evaluate what you have. and start getting in position for what you need. And for the love of God, fire Ireland before he sets us back another decade !!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Don't hijack the thread and stating stuff I did not say. NOWHERE does it say that Joe Philbin is losing the locker room. You just happen to leave out that I said in this thread that Joe deserves another year if not years three and four and that I want him to have momentum going forward in his young coaching career.

For someone that is a huge Joe Philbin guy I am surprised that you do not think him finishing the season strong is vital to his actual existence as a HC. I have sneaking suspicion that Joe would agree with my take more than yours.

The point is things will get very ugly for the people at the top of this organization if they lose this week. If you do not think that is the case, you are kidding yourself.

For the record, I DO think the Fins will win this week in an ugly dog fight of a game...it will not be pretty, but a win nonetheless.

This organization needs a win.
    Quote Quote