Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: This Sunday's game is HUGE on SO many levels

1. -91
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Phibes View Post
    Come on. Getting hammered by a potential playoff team in one of the most hostile venues in the league is nothing compared to getting thumped at home by a poor team
    Dude, they lost 58 to ****ing nothing. The coach and best player apologized to the fans. lol
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Those who did not think that today's game was a big deal...tell me it was not important for Tannehill to have a game like that? Tell me YOU do not feel better about your Fins.

I am impressed with the effort and how they played through injuries as well. I thought we would win UGLY...nope. Impressive win in the end. Wins are tough to come by in the NFL. Very happy right now...for Tannehill and Philbin and yes, Jeff Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still wasn't huge. That was marginal football being played. It's great that Tannehill had the chance to play like that against a ridiculously bad D, but the level of competition is so poor it doesn't mean much moving forward. There is always 1 or 2 bottom feeders every year who are dramatically worse than the rest of the league. Last year it was the colts. This year it's kc and jax. I already knew the Dolphins weren't the worst team in the league so what exactly was gained by this game?
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    tannehill played well. he may have had four td passes if not for dropped balls.

what an effort by that defense to hold them I believe three seperate times inside the 20 yard line, for NO points... good team win.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Still wasn't huge. That was marginal football being played. It's great that Tannehill had the chance to play like that against a ridiculously bad D, but the level of competition is so poor it doesn't mean much moving forward. There is always 1 or 2 bottom feeders every year who are dramatically worse than the rest of the league. Last year it was the colts. This year it's kc and jax. I already knew the Dolphins weren't the worst team in the league so what exactly was gained by this game?
    I hear you, but when the QB plays a great game and your presumably not a lame duck head coach gets a blowout win, and the horrible lack of receiving talent is on full display for your owner, what's the downside? Draft position? I can live with picking one spot back.

I was all for losses last season because we had no QB and everyone knew the head coach was a goner. But when you are hoping to build on something with your rookie QB and rookie HC, a win like this gives you reason for hope.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I hear you, but when the QB plays a great game and your presumably not a lame duck head coach gets a blowout win, and the horrible lack of receiving talent is on full display for your owner, what's the downside? Draft position? I can live with picking one spot back.

I was all for losses last season because we had no QB and everyone knew the head coach was a goner. But when you are hoping to build on something with your rookie QB and rookie HC, a win like this gives you reason for hope.
    Whoa I'm not suggesting we lose games. I'm always happy with a win. Even last year I've never been comfortable with tanking and there is absolutely no point in that this year. This just wasn't a HUGE win. You cannot have a huge win in an irrelevant game. We played a terrible team well below the level of competition we'll need to beat if we're going to be successful. This is almost equivalent to Tannehill having a week of solid practice. I just refuse deeper implications to what was a pretty terrible football game against possibly the worst team in the league.

Even if we'd lost it would have been something of an unfortunate fluke because, though we're not a good team, we are a better team than they are especially when they're ravaged by injury. We've already had bad losses this year back when it actually mattered. They beat TEN who we lost to. Whatever happened in this irrelevant game should not dictate our perception of this team or the decisions we make moving forward.
    Quote Quote