Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volin breaks down game tape of 49ers game, Tannehill not much room to make throws

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Volin breaks down game tape of 49ers game, Tannehill not much room to make throws

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ancisco-49ers/

Good information and breaks down a bunch of different plays throughout the game. I like the evidence he shows about Tannehill not having much room to make the throws down the stretch & the fact he shows the perfect passes he did make to Moore & Hartline. He faced one of the best defenses in the league & looks like he played solid still left some plays to be made on the field (Volin points that out). I'm a believer in Tannehill & think he will be successful & continue to improve.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well that I already knew, the receivers have been losing most of their battles at the snap. They can't get any separation. Most of Tannehill's completions this year have been based off of pinpoint accuracy more so than anticipation throws.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post. I agree with everything you've said. Tannehill has looked like a rookie at times this year, I'll admit, but given what he has to work with I'd said he's done an exceptional job. My personal favorite part about Tanne this year has been his 'pocket presence'. To be more specific, this dude has no fear in the pocket. When he takes hits his eyes are down field and he is trusting his OLine.

This is just one thing, but my favorite by far. You see too many guys like Blaine Gabbert come through the league dancing in the pocket and can't make the transition to the NFL. I don't have that concern about Tanne from what I've seen this year.

I'm pumped this dude is our QB..
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Volin's piece is a cannot miss for all true fin fans.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this a shot at OMAR KELLY?

2. Ryan Tannehill can throw over the middle.
    Seems like over the past few days that a lot of fans have been commenting to me that Tannehill can’t throw over the middle. I’m not quite sure where that is coming from, because Tannehill has made big throws over the middle all season.
    Here’s a perfect 10-yard pass between three defenders to Davone Bess on third-and-7 in the first quarter:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ouch where exactly is he supposed to throw this ball?

Attachment 9584
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the NFL, you need to be able to throw into very tight windows. Guys are not going to be WIDE open everytime you want to make a pass. That is the difference between a good QB and a franchise QB. Great QBs fit the ball into impossibly small windows. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Eli, and Peyton do it all the time.

Perfect Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9no5Z5COy0 ... That is how its done.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    This is the NFL, you need to be able to throw into very tight windows. Guys are not going to be WIDE open everytime you want to make a pass. That is the difference between a good QB and a franchise QB. Great QBs fit the ball into impossibly small windows. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Eli, and Peyton do it all the time.

Perfect Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9no5Z5COy0 ... That is how its done.
    Good QBs and Franchise QBs are the same thing aren't they? You don't have to be elite (like the QBs above) to be a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great info, loved the breakdowns.

I still scratch my head at the lack of foresight with the Marshall trade.

If I'm McDonalds and fries are my hot seller, I don't take the fries off the menu without having a replacement.

How do you trade Marshall without having a plan?

Don't tell me he hedged his bets with Ochocinco or Legadu Nannee. Ocho is older and he stunk in New England so him working out was a longshot. Legadu never did a damn thing in the NFL - another man with a prototype body with no brains or skill.

If I am a professional GM making upwards of $500K plus at least, I do not put my job on the line with Ocho or Nannee.

You better be damn sure that kcbrown would have had some young kids ready to roll once I sent B-Marsh packing.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Is this a shot at OMAR KELLY?
    I hope so. Volin is now my favorite writer. Barry Jackson just went into second place.
    Quote Quote