Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Possible 8-8 team could make the playoffs

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

A Possible 8-8 team could make the playoffs

Now I know the Dolphins virtually have no chance to make the playoffs. Hell they don't deserve to be based on the performances over the season. But to think that an 8-8 team could be in the playoffs hurts even more knowing that the dolphins let so many games slip away. (Jets, Cards, Colts, Bills) if they would have won 2 of those games, they could have been in the driver seat. Now for those who are in the hunt for the wildcard (even the dolphins, pretty mind blowing actually) here are the schedules.

Bengals has: eagles, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. I can see them losing two of those games.
    Pittsburgh has: Dallas, Bengals, and Cleveland. They can also lose two games.

Jets are irrelevant. They will find a way to lose like they always do. I know some of you might think that there is no way Bengals and Pittsburgh will lose 2 of the next 3 but anything is possible in this wacky NFL season. Now i mind you that is not a dolphin playoff hope thread. I am just so frustrated that we had let so many opportunities slip away. I just hope we can turn it around next year. If an 8-8 team does make it to the playoffs, it will be disheartening to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We aren't making the playoffs. Its crazy to try to think up all these scenarios, do you remember when we snuck in with Pennington?

At the begining of the season, I was in the crowd predicting 6-8 wins, and look where we are now... for most of the offseason we thought Garrard or Moore would be the starter. Hartline didn't even practice. Who knows how the hell Chad Johnson would've preformed. But for a rookie QB, rookie head coach, and Ireland's lack of bringing in great players, this was expected.

Next year could be good. Not really a qb competition anymore, bring in some playmakers via FA and draft and maybe next season we won't need to be coming up with wild playoff scenarios

It'd be cool to grab Mike Wallace, Cliff Avril, and maybe an O-lineman via FA and the draft would be a lot easier to go BPA (or secondary)

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    STOP THE PLAYOFF TALK! Win the turnover differential in a game for once. That is a start.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's even more amazing is the fact that after 14 weeks we are not officially eliminated. This season is really bizarre.

Take a look here: http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/dolphinseliminate.html

The Dolphins ,Browns, Bills, Chargers, Jets, and Bengals all need help. But, if look you at each team they must win in order to stay in or if they lose they need the other teams too lose as well. Each team has two elimination options expect for the Jets who have (3) and Bengals who have (5). Look at each one at website provide.

If the Dolphins win on Sunday they are still in. As hard as it is too believe. See for yourself.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sigh.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Playoffs? Really? Why? Its would be another 20-3 or 62-7 game. This team is awful from top to bottom and needs to really clean house, not just a new head coach. Their idea of cleaning house last year was a joke.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i was not thinking playoffs for dolphins. I was just saying that an 8-8 team might be enough (not dolphins) to be in the playoffs. Which makes the losses we had this season, much more excruciating. We all know dolphins are not going to make it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope you are not insinuating that we could make the playoffs... If yo are man, I really feel bad for you because you will be way more disappointed than the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway01 View Post
    Now I know the Dolphins virtually have no chance to make the playoffs. Hell they don't deserve to be based on the performances over the season. But to think that an 8-8 team could be in the playoffs hurts even more knowing that the dolphins let so many games slip away. (Jets, Cards, Colts, Bills) if they would have won 2 of those games, they could have been in the driver seat. Now for those who are in the hunt for the wildcard (even the dolphins, pretty mind blowing actually) here are the schedules.

Bengals has: eagles, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. I can see them losing two of those games.

Jets are irrelevant. They will find a way to lose like they always do. I know some of you might think that there is no way Bengals and Pittsburgh will lose 2 of the next 3 but anything is possible in this wacky NFL season. Now i mind you that is not a dolphin playoff hope thread. I am just so frustrated that we had let so many opportunities slip away. I just hope we can turn it around next year. If an 8-8 team does make it to the playoffs, it will be disheartening to say the least.
    Jets are irrelevant but guess what, they are 6-7 and we are 5-8 so clearly we are more irrelevant than they are. And they have an easier remaining schedule than we do. They have a better shot at the playoffs than we do! And if they make it I will throw up in my mouth....
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway01 View Post

The Jets aren't irrelevant actually. They're one game out of it somehow.

Quote Quote