Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Possible 8-8 team could make the playoffs

1. -21
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe it's the Jets and Dolphin fans arguing about the playoffs. With an 8-8 record at that!

Sadly we'll both be on the outside looking in.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    I can't believe it's the Jets and Dolphin fans arguing about the playoffs. With an 8-8 record at that!

Sadly we'll both be on the outside looking in.
    we can be 9-7
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have fun, enjoy every game, is exiting to see this team still in competition, you always root for your team to get as far as possible, is part of getting momentum. Take a look on the playoff machine, there is a chance to be in the playoff mix.
    See, next two games are winnable, last game almost impossible, but if Baltimore beat Broncos next week, on last week NE clinches 2nd seed with no chance to move up or down, this give us little more chances, we have a goal, they don't.
    Pitt and Cin is very possible to finish 8-8, if that happen with us 8-8, we are in. Let's have fun, do not stress yourself thinking if we are in or out, just enjoy that we are still in the mix.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would crap my pants if we got in at 8-8! As far as the jets go, I predict the titans thump them next week and end there chances. They cant get in at 8-8.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    So the Steelers or Bengals could theoretically go 8-8 and still make the playoffs. What is your point? There arent any other teams in the AFC who are going to get 8 wins.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we can be 9-7
    NO! YOU CANT!!!!

The Jests ****ing blow. How are you going to win these last 3 games vs. teams that are better than you are? You just scored ONE TIME in a game to beat Arizona 7-6. The same Arizona team that has LOST 9 STRAIGHT! Arizona is the worst team in the league. They cant beat anybody right now. Yet, they lost on the road by ONE POINT to your team. They scored twice to your once. THEY LOST FIFTY EIGHT TO ZERO LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!! They have the WORST QB situation in the history of the league. John Beck could start for them at QB right now and they would be better.

Then you went on the road and were trailing AGAIN 3-0 at the half to the second worst team in the league in Jacksonville. Jacksonville BLOWS. They have the worst record in the league and the worst defense. They had the ball threatening to tie at the end and Henne went Henne, throwing his patented game ending INT.

THE JESTS ARE HORRIBLE! They played probably the only 2 teams in the league playing worse football right now. Sanchez is LOST! Your offensive coordinator is TONY SPARANO!!! Your HC is a ****ing joke. But, they had a good week of practice.

Get ****ing lost man. Stop talking about the ****ing Jests.

I tell you what......

I will put it all on the ****ing line. If the Jests win these last 3 games I will leave this site forever if you will agree to leave this site forever in the event they do not win their last 3. Its on the table. If you accept say so by tomorrow evening. If you agree then the admins can permaban the loser. The deal is on the table till 11:59 pm Wednesday 12-12-12.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    NO! YOU CANT!!!!

The Jests ****ing blow. How are you going to win these last 3 games vs. teams that are better than you are? You just scored ONE TIME in a game to beat Arizona 7-6. The same Arizona team that has LOST 9 STRAIGHT! Arizona is the worst team in the league. They cant beat anybody right now. Yet, they lost on the road by ONE POINT to your team. They scored twice to your once. THEY LOST FIFTY EIGHT TO ZERO LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!! They have the WORST QB situation in the history of the league. John Beck could start for them at QB right now and they would be better.

Then you went on the road and were trailing AGAIN 3-0 at the half to the second worst team in the league in Jacksonville. Jacksonville BLOWS. They have the worst record in the league and the worst defense. They had the ball threatening to tie at the end and Henne went Henne, throwing his patented game ending INT.

THE JESTS ARE HORRIBLE! They played probably the only 2 teams in the league playing worse football right now. Sanchez is LOST! Your offensive coordinator is TONY SPARANO!!! Your HC is a ****ing joke. But, they had a good week of practice.

Get ****ing lost man. Stop talking about the ****ing Jests.

I tell you what......

I will put it all on the ****ing line. If the Jests win these last 3 games I will leave this site forever if you will agree to leave this site forever in the event they do not win their last 3. Its on the table. If you accept say so by tomorrow evening. If you agree then the admins can permaban the loser. The deal is on the table till 11:59 pm Wednesday 12-12-12.
    I said we CAN go 9-7 not that we WILL go 9-7. Stop w/ the cursing, it makes you look really bad.

Why would I do that to this site? if the Jets lose a game the site keeps you and loses me, that's a HUGE loss for the site. I'm not going to risk that for the board.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets: 1 legitimate* playoff entree since 08
    Fins: 1 legitimate playoff entree since 08

Jets/Fins: No Conference Championships since 08

Any way you cut it, it's the same miserable difference

*reflects no seasonal mediocre squad backing in, no opposing team, who happened to be undefeated and leading, considering their games vs the jest as sufficiently meaningless to pull their starters and insert Curtis Painter and his sub 20QBR.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami dolphins: zero legitimate playoff seasons or winning seasons since 2004**

**according to vaark's flawed logic
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah, we only won the division when 2 other teams were over .500 and the Pats w/o Brady actually won 1 more game than they did with Brady the following year. Aside from orchestrating the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL, the Fins got into the playoff the old fashioned way - they earned it. (but unfortunately they faced Baltimore, a team which was 5-1 outscoring their opponents by close to 100pts over those last 6 games who was anything like a Cinci dead team walking.
    Quote Quote