Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Possible 8-8 team could make the playoffs

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    yeah, we only won the division when 2 other teams were over .500 and the Pats w/o Brady actually won 1 more game than they did with Brady. Aside from orchestrating the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL, the Fins got into the playoff the old fashioned way - they earned it. (but unfortunately they faced Baltimore, a team which was 5-1 outscoring their opponents by close to 100pts over those last 6 games who was anything like a Cinci dead team walking.
    I'm using your falwed logic/excuse making. You beat out NE w/o Brady and you faced nothing but dead teams to end the season. I think you earned it, you did what you had to do and took advantage of breaks but according to your logic/excuse making it wasn't legitimate and neither was your other winning season since 2004 since NE was resting starters in week 17 and took the game so seriously they had Doug Flutie drop kicking PATs.

That dead Cincy team swept Baltimore in 2009, a Bal team w/ a 2nd yr QB not a rookie.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    winning a division is legitimate; having the team with the best record in the league, ahead at the half pull its starters essentially conceding the game and inserting Curtis Painter is charity no 7-7 at best mediocre team who in the previous game couldnt beat dead Atlanta at home in a game they actually needed, amounts to charity.

Who cares what they did earlier in the season.... when they limp into the playoffs on fumes: that same Cinci team finished 3-4 with a -34pt scoring differential over that period.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    winning a division is legitimate; having the team with the best record in the league, ahead at the half pull its starters essentially conceding the game and inserting Curtis Painter is charity no 7-7 at best mediocre team who in the previous game couldnt beat dead Atlanta at home in a game they actually needed, amounts to charity.

Who cares what they did earlier in the season.... when they limp into the playoffs on fumes: that same Cinci team finished 3-4 with a -34pt scoring differential over that period.
    but you didn't have to face Brady and played nothing but dead teams to end the year. I'm using your flawed logic, according to you Miami doesn't have a legit winning season or playoff season since 2002.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WVDolphan: will put it all on the ****ing line. If the Jests win these last 3 games I will leave this site forever if you will agree to leave this site forever in the event they do not win their last 3. Its on the table. If you accept say so by tomorrow evening. If you agree then the admins can permaban the loser. The deal is on the table till 11:59 pm Wednesday 12-12-12.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I said we CAN go 9-7 not that we WILL go 9-7. Stop w/ the cursing, it makes you look really bad.

Why would I do that to this site? if the Jets lose a game the site keeps you and loses me, that's a HUGE loss for the site. I'm not going to risk that for the board.
    Now that's damn thoughtful of you, but here's an actual active fan in his native habitat willing to put it on the line for a bet. Can you back up your convictions? If so, let's have a mod or admin start a binding poll on whether FH members would like to see that bet between you and WV. If you agree, more power to you, but if you sidestep it, please don't you dare even bring up the possibility of this abysmal jets team making the playoff again. I think that's only fair, do you?

JC Cane, (our new admin)... how do you feel about a binding poll where each party walks the walk when it comes to the sincerity of their convictions and abides by the results as to just who would be a bigger loss if punking out on that bet
    ??
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now that's damn thoughtful of you, but here's an actual active fan in his native habitat willing to put it on the line for a bet. Can you back up your convictions? If so, let's have a mod or admin start a binding poll on whether FH members would like to see that bet between you and WV. If you agree, more power to you, but if you sidestep it, please don't you dare even bring up the possibility of this abysmal jets team making the playoff again. I think that's only fair, do you?

JC Cane, (our new admin)... how do you feel about a binding poll where each party walks the walk when it comes to the sincerity of their convictions and abides by the results as to just who would be a bigger loss if punking out on that bet
    ??
    no b/c there are enough nitwits on here that hate me simply b/c I am a Jet fan and you will round them up. Let's have a poll of mods to see who is more valuable here.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is far fetched but def could happen look at how it panned out for Den last year to win their div that was crazy.

Heres the senario:

Pitt: loses to Dal and Cincy then they prob beat clev so that puts then at 8-8 (5-7 conf)

Cincy: loses to philly beats Pitt and then losses to Balt end of year puts them at 8-8 (7-5 conf)

Jets: They suck they should lose two of three so 7-9 (5-7 conf)

Mia: Has to win out period anythings possible so they would go 8-8 (6-6 in conf)

Now Mia has the Tie breaker over Cincy so if this plays out we get in again, I know its a long shot but def could happen.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OH PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    no b/c there are enough nitwits on here that hate me simply b/c I am a Jet fan and you will round them up. Let's have a poll of mods to see who is more valuable here.
    So essentially what you're saying is, that you provide entertainment value here and realize it yourself, despite your declared delusion of being more than 3/5ths of an FH "Asset"

It turns out that while WV, a long standing member, is willing to make the bet on who disappears if the jets again back into the playoffs, despite all your bluster you wont because: a) you know that the majority consideration of you on here is far from being an asset of which few here will feel deprived , or the board rendered less valuable in the absence of your homeristic self serving words of wisdom. And in reality, despite your bluster, you really do lack the conviction of believing the jest will sniff the playoff and therefore know that in February WV will keep posting while you'd become a fleeting memory. E ither way it's a bet between you two with nothing to do with anyone else voting for anything (although I'm fairly confident the consensus of mods/admins will also vote that your value to this board is far from "indispensible.)"

If you're *****ing out on betting him that, how about one with WV where the loser chooses both the other's the sig and avi they must display until the first exhibition game of the 2013 exhibition season? Or do you lack the conviction iof beliief n your team to even wager that???

If you won't even step up to the plate on the latter, you really do need to cease and desist any further "we're in" jest playoff talk as you've demonstrated in the most graphic manner that it's just more empty trollistic homerism

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So essentially what you're saying is, that you provide entertainment value here and realize it yourself, despite your declared delusion of being more than 3/5ths of an FH "Asset"

It turns out that while WV, a long standing member, is willing to make the bet on who disappears if the jets again back into the playoffs, despite all your bluster you wont because: a) you know that the majority consideration of you on here is far from being an asset of which few here will feel deprived , or the board rendered less valuable in the absence of your homeristic self serving words of wisdom. And in reality, despite your bluster, you really do lack the conviction of believing the jest will sniff the playoff and therefore know that in February WV will keep posting while you'd become a fleeting memory. E ither way it's a bet between you two with nothing to do with anyone else voting for anything (although I'm fairly confident the consensus of mods/admins will also vote that your value to this board is far from "indispensible.)"

If you're *****ing out on betting him that, how about one with WV where the loser chooses both the other's the sig and avi they must display until the first exhibition game of the 2013 exhibition season? Or do you lack the conviction iof beliief n your team to even wager that???

If you won't even step up to the plate on the latter, you really do need to cease and desist any further "we're in" jest playoff talk as you've demonstrated in the most graphic manner that it's just more empty trollistic homerism

There's no such thing as backing into the playoffs, you either win the required amount in a particular year or you don't. it's whiny fans from other teams that whine about backing in b/c their teams suck.

I have nothing to do w/ whether the Jets win or lose, why would I bet on it? If you want play a basketball game or something I'll bet on myself b/c I can control that but I have no control over the Jets. I have never said we're winning these last 3 games, we very well could lose 1, 2 or all 3. This team isn't very good but it's still nice to be in the playoff hunt. I feel bad for you guys b/c you never get to experience the thrill of a playoff race.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    End this Dolphins Jets debate. Its pointless. NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately league', and this year its Miami 1- New York 1. End of Story. Moral of the story, if either fan base wants something to root for in the final 3 weeks, start rooting right now for the Eagles to beat Cinny tonight! Lets go Philly.
    Quote Quote