Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins claimed WR Armon Binns off waivers from the Bengals.

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfinzfan View Post
    PER ROTOWORLD

Dolphins claimed WR Armon Binns off waivers from the Bengals.
    Binns was waived by the Bengals on Saturday. Although Binns went from starting five of the Bengals' first six games to on the street in less than two months, he should get immediate playing time in the Dolphins' unproductive and lead-footed receiver corps. However, he's not a threat to come into any value during the final two weeks of the fantasy playoffs. A second-year UDFA, Binns is still only 23 years old.
    Can he get 5 yards of separation, catch with one hand and block like a FB????
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mariocarciero View Post
    Ireland is a Moron. This is how he spends his days????????????? Following undrafted players and looking under rocks to improve the end of our roster that never sees the field???????
    not sure why this makes Ireland a moron. I think it means he will do anything to help this team and its weakness. Whether you agree with the totality of ireland or not does not make this a bad move.

Everything we have been doing since Tennessee is showing looksies to next year. If we see Binn at all it will be late in the new england game. No one picks up this offense quick enough and if nobody understands this by now your not paying attention. We are gathering potential and he is 6'3 210 which is the same size as the kid from California U. which is what his fans are probly worried about.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it means he doesnt know where to look so he looks everywhere including garbage cans. And he then thinks what he finds in those garbage cans are actual upgrades when they arent.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    not sure why this makes Ireland a moron. I think it means he will do anything to help this team and its weakness. Whether you agree with the totality of ireland or not does not make this a bad move.

Everything we have been doing since Tennessee is showing looksies to next year. If we see Binn at all it will be late in the new england game. No one picks up this offense quick enough and if nobody understands this by now your not paying attention. We are gathering potential and he is 6'3 210 which is the same size as the kid from California U. which is what his fans are probly worried about.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I think it means he doesnt know where to look so he looks everywhere including garbage cans. And he then thinks what he finds in those garbage cans are actual upgrades when they arent.
    I bet Armor Bin doesn't get knocked over by a wet fart!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are people complaining about this? He's a WR who has great size and decent speed with good hands. If he dosen't work out who cares.

I'd rather have him on our team than some Scrub DB that can't cover me.

FYI The Patriots put in a claim on waivers for him also. I guarantee there would be 10 threads on here to the extent of " look Biilicheck is taking shots at wr's why aren't we? "

Also the Bengals are pretty stacked in the WR position even without Sanu.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Guy has good size and is young. That doesn't always equate to anything but since the season is over, who gives a ****? If he pans out, great.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    My head's on Fire!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Panhandle, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People are acting like morons. You work with what you got and we are razor thin at WR. Binns actually looked really good going into the season but didn't fulfill in the regular season. Decent waiver claim that several teams put in for. I was surprised he was released and wasn't even more surprised we were able to claim him.
    Dick Butkus: "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important like a league game or something."
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Right. Because Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitzgeralds are just ssitting on the couch waiting for a team, ANY TEAM PLEASE, to give them a call for a tryout
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

Except for the whole one is a first round talent and one was an UDFA. If any sane person passes on Allen or any other top tier receiver because of this pickup, then they should just shut down football operations.

This is a reasonable pick up for a WR starved team. Nothing should be expected to come of it......but we'll all be thrilled if this acorn blooms.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Scouting Report

The verdict from most sources about Binns is that he is something of a one dimensional player. Most of the scouting reports read something like this "Armon Binns was created with the singular purpose of running down field and catching lobs over smaller defensive backs. Not possessed of great outright speed or off the charts quickness he will be relegated to a life of NFL poverty as a 6th receiver and special teamer." I think that sells him short to some extent. I think Binns is a better athlete than he gets credit for. He isn't a freak, but he can be productive because he minds the details and is as sure handed a receiver as you can find. Binns isn't the type of receiver who can be plugged into any system and expected to produce, but there is a place in the NFL for a guy with his skill set.
    Projections
    I have yet to see anything that has Binns being anything more than a late round pick. His best outcome would probably be a selection in the 6th round. There remains a very real possibility that he could go undrafted altogether. That would be quite a fall from being a sure fire draftee going into last season.

http://www.downthedrive.com/2011/4/2...t-armon-binns-
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote