Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Bess and Hartline

  1. -1
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,768
    vCash:
    7420
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    HOMERISM Bess and Hartline

    A few weeks ago someone mentioned in a thread about the productivity of these two. Hartline has 925 yards and Bess has 778 yards. These two are having surprisingly good years despite all the offensive struggles. These guys are pretty good 2nd and 3rd receivers and we need to keep Hartline this offseason. Imagine hoe effective they could be with a true #1 leading the way and taking the pressure off them.

    With a true 1 our receivers could be special. Bess, Hartline, Matthews, and a #1 would make for a good core for Tanneyhill to mature with.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    13,147
    vCash:
    3622
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Give it a rest 2 TDs between the two of them! Brian Hartline has a habit of tripping over his own feet and literally got tackled by a fingernail yesterday. He is a nice player and possibly a number 4 wr, but nothing more!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Neither of that crap duo should be on the field on 1st and 2nd down (they are because miami has no choice). Bess is a #3 WR and Hartline is a #4 on a decent offense.

    Anytime you have such crap starting for you on 1st and 2nd down, you have the ranked offense miami has


    They're both also atrocious in the red zone. They absolutely stink in tight spaces on a shortened field. This is because they both need tons of real estate and space to operate their routes.. Hartline runs deep comebacks that are a mile long to get open, Bess absolutely stinks beyond 10 yards on any route as he's piss poor at separation. He also has poor balance and falls down like a led zeppelin as soon as he catches a pass (notice the shot he took yesterday on the very rare occasion he actually kept his balance = UGLY fumble). At any stride of decent distance defenders easily catch up to him... they are #3 and #4/5 WR's at best

    No defensive coordinator is fearful of the pathetic slow trio of harline bess and meatball fasano (who can't hit the seam to save his life as he's slow as a turtle). None of these guys demand attention from defenses, safeties can roam free and do whatever they want to stifle miami's offense because nobody is worried about fasano hartline and bess.... and that's why Tannehill has a very ugly number of only 8 TD's going into the 14th game of the season
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,768
    vCash:
    7420
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Neither of that crap duo should be on the field on 1st and 2nd down (they are because miami has no choice). Bess is a #3 WR and Hartline is a #4 on a decent offense.

    Anytime you have such crap starting for you on 1st and 2nd down, you have the ranked offense miami has


    They're both also atrocious in the red zone. They absolutely stink in tight spaces on a shortened field. This is because they both need tons of real estate and space to operate their routes.. Hartline runs deep comebacks that are a mile long to get open, Bess absolutely stinks beyond 10 yards on any route as he's piss poor at separation. He also has poor balance and falls down like a led zeppelin as soon as he catches a pass (notice the shot he took yesterday on the very rare occasion he actually kept his balance = UGLY fumble). At any stride of decent distance defenders easily catch up to him... they are #3 and #4/5 WR's at best

    No defensive coordinator is fearful of the pathetic slow trio of harline bess and meatball fasano (who can't hit the seam to save his life as he's slow as a turtle). None of these guys demand attention from defenses, safeties can roam free and do whatever they want to stifle miami's offense because nobody is worried about fasano hartline and bess.... and that's why Tannehill has a very ugly number of only 8 TD's going into the 14th game of the season
    You do understand both these guys are being doubled all game every game because the opposition knows they are the only options Tanney has.they are good and would be better with a #1 on the field with them
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    next-year's Avatar
    MostHated

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    802
    vCash:
    1853
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Neither of that crap duo should be on the field on 1st and 2nd down (they are because miami has no choice). Bess is a #3 WR and Hartline is a #4 on a decent offense.

    Anytime you have such crap starting for you on 1st and 2nd down, you have the ranked offense miami has


    They're both also atrocious in the red zone. They absolutely stink in tight spaces on a shortened field. This is because they both need tons of real estate and space to operate their routes.. Hartline runs deep comebacks that are a mile long to get open, Bess absolutely stinks beyond 10 yards on any route as he's piss poor at separation. He also has poor balance and falls down like a led zeppelin as soon as he catches a pass (notice the shot he took yesterday on the very rare occasion he actually kept his balance = UGLY fumble). At any stride of decent distance defenders easily catch up to him... they are #3 and #4/5 WR's at best

    No defensive coordinator is fearful of the pathetic slow trio of harline bess and meatball fasano (who can't hit the seam to save his life as he's slow as a turtle). None of these guys demand attention from defenses, safeties can roam free and do whatever they want to stifle miami's offense because nobody is worried about fasano hartline and bess.... and that's why Tannehill has a very ugly number of only 8 TD's going into the 14th game of the season

    I'm not fond with our receivers either but Blaming Bess for not getting separation is retarded, He's playing our of position on the boundary and still making plays. He's supposed to be inside where he can use his quickness and route running expertise against linebackers and nickel backs. PLEASE explain to me how Davone Bess has terrible balance ???? do you watch out games? the guy is always scooping under defenders and getting extra yards. don't accredit Bess's lack of td's to his route running that makes no sense, he's small that is the main issue it's tough for smaller guys to get open in a contained space.


    Bess is one of our bright spots on offense without a question.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    703
    vCash:
    3726
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    You do understand both these guys are being doubled all game every game because the opposition knows they are the only options Tanney has.they are good and would be better with a #1 on the field with them
    While I agree they would be better if they had a #1 receiver to take the heat off them, you do realize there are plenty of teams with 2 and even 3 receivers better than Hartline and Bess? Ideally we should take the heat completely off them by having a legitimate #1 and #2 in there...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,768
    vCash:
    7420
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GasPed View Post
    While I agree they would be better if they had a #1 receiver to take the heat off them, you do realize there are plenty of teams with 2 and even 3 receivers better than Hartline and Bess? Ideally we should take the heat completely off them by having a legitimate #1 and #2 in there...
    that would be the best case I agree
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    KnifeOfTheDead's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    318
    vCash:
    1106
    Loc:
    IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think that Hartline has the potential to develop into a nice #2 in this system, and Bess would be an excellent #3 in the slot. Really could use a legitimate #1 threat and this receiving core goes from below average to actually pretty solid.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Mudder1310's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2012
    Posts:
    1,925
    vCash:
    5474
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    5244
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't bring Hartline back next year. He's been a focal point of this offense for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every season. We need new blood.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Since we know what Hartline and Bess can do..
    By sensation24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 01:20 AM
  2. Bess vs hartline
    By farah30 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 02:31 AM
  3. Bess or Hartline #2
    By footsteps falco in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
  4. Hartline, Camarillo, and Bess
    By schmitty8225 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 08:38 AM
  5. Hartline over Bess?
    By TooDrkPark in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •