Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bess and Hartline

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.
    I don't think Rishard Matthews, the phantom menace, will be on the team next year. He can barely get on the field with this pathetic offense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think Hartline and Bess are fine. Especially Hartline. I think we need to get a true 1 though and open up the offense more. Be able to open temas up and spread them out. Also improve the offensive line. If Reggie is back next year he needs to be spread out to WR more like last Sunday.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    Think Hartline and Bess are fine. Especially Hartline. I think we need to get a true 1 though and open up the offense more. Be able to open temas up and spread them out. Also improve the offensive line. If Reggie is back next year he needs to be spread out to WR more like last Sunday.
    All of the players you mentioned should be shown the door.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    All of the players you mentioned should be shown the door.
    Sure if you could definitely upgrade them. Everybody can say the Dolphins should sign Greg Jennings and that is great, but there is going to be other teams going after Jennings, as well and we don't even know if he wants to leave GB. Its great to have a wish list, but its unrealistic to say lets have a great offense but lets get rid of all of our best offensive players and bring in new players that we don't even know we are able to obtain.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure if you could definitely upgrade them. Everybody can say the Dolphins should sign Greg Jennings and that is great, but there is going to be other teams going after Jennings, as well and we don't even know if he wants to leave GB. Its great to have a wish list, but its unrealistic to say lets have a great offense but lets get rid of all of our best offensive players and bring in new players that we don't even know we are able to obtain.
    You cannot return next season with Bess and Hartline as your starters again. Can't happen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You cannot return next season with Bess and Hartline as your starters again. Can't happen.
    I said we need a true 1 already. Meaning wed have a new starting WR. Not saying we are going into the off-season with the same receiving corps but people act like Hartline is garbage. He isn't. Hes could be a very solid 2 WR. I would rather upgrade Bess for a speedster as well, but isn't like he isn't serviceable. We aren't going to go in next year and get 4 new WRs, 2 new Hbs, a whole new offensive line. It just isn't realistic. We aren't going to have that much of a roster turnover.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I said we need a true 1 already. Meaning wed have a new starting WR. Not saying we are going into the off-season with the same receiving corps but people act like Hartline is garbage. He isn't. Hes could be a very solid 2 WR. I would rather upgrade Bess for a speedster as well, but isn't like he isn't serviceable. We aren't going to go in next year and get 4 new WRs, 2 new Hbs, a whole new offensive line. It just isn't realistic. We aren't going to have that much of a roster turnover.
    Hartline is not a number 2, IMO. He's a number 4 in a good offense. Bess is too small and slow. We absolutely must add at least 2 new receivers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I wouldn't bring Hartline back next year. He's been a focal point of this offense for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every season. We need new blood.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Hartline started opposite him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's been a focal point of this offense for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every season.
    Quote Quote