Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The whole secondary needs to be gutted next year besides Reshad Jones

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a postive guy. So I'ma take this route....

How good has Reshad Jones been this year? He is the biggest surprise on the team this year to me. Dude has been our best defender outside of Wake IMO.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would Like to see us get Landry from the Jets in FA. Him and Jones would be Nasty for Next Season man.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    I would Like to see us get Landry from the Jets in FA. Him and Jones would be Nasty for Next Season man.
    I'd rather a guy who is better in coverage than Landry. I'd rather move Richard Marshall to FS before bringing Landry here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I argue the same thing about Long. Some people would like to keep him if he takes a pay cut. I also ask why? Regardless of whatever we pay him, he still sucks. He will still give up the same amount of sacks and pressure and get the same holding and false start penalties if he makes 12M or 6M. BAd players are stilla aliability regardless of their salary
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    WOW!!! I was wondering if anyone else but me was going to EVER say it.

sean smith needs to be the first guy OUT the door at seasons end. he cant cover. he is lazy and and makes randy moss's "plays off" look like a 40 year career with no missed games.

he is slow to react, cant turn his hips, loses track of the ball, gets burned on slants and doesnt seem to have any real "feel" for the game.

i hear all this "sean smith needs to have his pay cut or threaten to let him go". WHY? i agree with him making FAR less money, but, on another team. HE CANT PLAY, so what good is a pay cut. cut out the liability.

nolan carroll is awful. but, he is a glorified walk on and wasnt supposed to be anything eye popping. and, he makes no real football money. SMITH MAKES A TON and will want even more. his play to salary ratio is hideous!!

smith gone is the SECOND move i want to see at seasons end. FIRST is ireland getting the boot in the arse. then smith/carroll being allowed to do whatever, as long as its not in a finz uni.

then adios amigos to JAKE LONG. big money can NOT be shelled out to these two guys. like it or not, we ARE in the market for a LEFT TACKLE.

martin? bwahahahahah!!! he isnt a good rt. decent, thats all. and 40lbs of muscle added on wont change him. this was the knock on him in college, cant handle speed and/or bull rushers. and ireland spends a hi pick on him.

lt is now another MUST FIND. bothe starting corners need replaced. and some new depth needs to be found along with that. a safety as good or hopefully even BETTER than resead jones [who is really coming on] to pair with him.

PASS RUSHER to go with wake. a speed and coverage ability lb.

wr who can TRUELY stretch the field and find the endzone. one who can actually get IN the endzone!! another TE to go with fasano.

folks are sad and mad because they talked themselves into believing all we needed to do was replace henne and playoffs, here we come. we put a talent deficient team on the field led by a rookie qb who was politicaly HANDED the job. a guy with a season and a half of playing the position.

this was the staffs year to evaluate. see who could actually play. who could be coached up. who should stay..........., who should go. and i think they have a good idea now. they should.

but people got themselves into this playoff team frenzy . now its reality time and many are standing on the ledge. NO NEED FOR IT!

now, come start of next season and ireland and smith and carroll and long are here? then find a ledge. there were just plainly to many holes in this team to get anywhere near the playoffs and to many holes that couldnt be filled in one off season.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote