Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!
    Syracuse, NY

OPINION Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this but I think its the smartest thing to do. Starks started off the season on fire but has cooled off a bit lately. We could easily move Odrick inside where he belongs and still have depth with randall, shelby, and vernon, and we could resign mcdaniel to a minimal deal. I dont think we would see much of a dropoff rolling with Odrick over starks. We would still have two 300+ DT's to clog the run and Wake is much improved at stopping the run as well. All I know is we desperately need to add a passrusher on the other side of wake, we cant ask him to do it all alone. I havent seen enough from vernon to go into next season with him and wake our primary pass rushers. I just dont know any other option unless we cut odrick and resign starks but dont we owe odrick a decent amount of $ from his rookie salary? What if we signed somebody like cliff avril? Would u like a Dline consisting of wake, solai, odrick, and avril? And we could rotate mcdaniel or randel on running downs. Here is a list of unrestricted pass rushing DE's.

Cliff Avril: 9.5 sacks
    Michael Bennett: 9 sacks
    Chris Clemons: 7.5 sacks
    Israel Idonije: 5 sacks
    Juqua Parker: 5 sacks
    Osi Umenyiora: 6 sacks
    Last edited by phinatic1399; 12-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Quote