Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE

Threaded View

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this but I think its the smartest thing to do. Starks started off the season on fire but has cooled off a bit lately. We could easily move Odrick inside where he belongs and still have depth with randall, shelby, and vernon, and we could resign mcdaniel to a minimal deal. I dont think we would see much of a dropoff rolling with Odrick over starks. We would still have two 300+ DT's to clog the run and Wake is much improved at stopping the run as well. All I know is we desperately need to add a passrusher on the other side of wake, we cant ask him to do it all alone. I havent seen enough from vernon to go into next season with him and wake our primary pass rushers. I just dont know any other option unless we cut odrick and resign starks but dont we owe odrick a decent amount of $ from his rookie salary? What if we signed somebody like cliff avril? Would u like a Dline consisting of wake, solai, odrick, and avril? And we could rotate mcdaniel or randel on running downs. Here is a list of unrestricted pass rushing DE's.

Cliff Avril: 9.5 sacks
    Michael Bennett: 9 sacks
    Chris Clemons: 7.5 sacks
    Israel Idonije: 5 sacks
    Juqua Parker: 5 sacks
    Osi Umenyiora: 6 sacks
    Last edited by phinatic1399; 12-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Quote