Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How ManyThought Tannehill Should Sit This Year?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

How ManyThought Tannehill Should Sit This Year?

I remember back in camp, the majority of Phans thinking that RT should sit out a year to learn and adapt. This made sense, as he had only 19 games of College experience.

Philbin chose to start him, and I see no negative effect in in doing so. All things considered, he has done well, and has a year of experience to feed off for next year.

However, I am now seeing a number of fans questioning his ability in being our future, and wanting to give him very limited time to show them differently. They are likely the same fans who wanted him to sit, when we would have seen nothing.

This fascinates me, and I'm starting to question what many Dolphans have become.

Opinions?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: How ManyThought Tannehill Should Sit This Year?

He got valuable experience. Lets hope he learns from his mistakes and along with real play maker he will have a great 2013.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are wrong, I wanted him to sit this year for his lack of college experience as well as lack of talent at the WR position. I am however, NOT one who is calling for his head, or judging him a bust already.

I knew this would happen though....set the kid up for failure not having anyone to throw to....believing Philbin's offense didn't need a solid WR....

It shouldn't have been shocking going into the season, knowing that our offense would not be threatening to opposing defenses. I'll hold my opinion of Tanny for more than just his rookie season, esp with the best playmaker as our RB.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I said he should sit, even after Garrard got hurt. Instead Philbin opted to go the JJ/Aikman route and start the rookie all season. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm not disappointed in RT's play this season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NYinBostonFin View Post
    You are wrong, I wanted him to sit this year for his lack of college experience as well as lack of talent at the WR position. I am however, NOT one who is calling for his head, or judging him a bust already.

I knew this would happen though....set the kid up for failure not having anyone to throw to....believing Philbin's offense didn't need a solid WR....

It shouldn't have been shocking going into the season, knowing that our offense would not be threatening to opposing defenses. I'll hold my opinion of Tanny for more than just his rookie season, esp with the best playmaker as our RB.
    This post was NOT directed at you. There are many other posters who thought the same. Then, there are the others, who want a Franchise QB at LIGHT SPEED, and will not accept anything less.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I wanted him to start and still do! Let him take his lumps on a terrible team that way he is developed when we finally get some talent.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. The game doesn't look too big for him. He has the poise in the pocket that you look for, especially for a rookie. This kid is only going to get better, once we get him some legitimate weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Watch Mark buttfumble get a starting job somewhere next season and outplay Tannehill.
    buttfumble would take the Bengals to the playoffs guaranteed. He would actually be a good fit for them. I think they could be a legit contender if they signed a good game manager type at QB who can get the ball downfield when the running game is going.
    Sherman is a ****ing beast.
    Jesus. I ALWAYS thought we could win with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought Tannehill would be the pick and also thought he would sit this year. His play has been inconsistent, but has shown so much more in terms of talent, than Henne ever did. His lack of experience and surrounding talent has hurt him on many occasions this season. But when he's had protection and players getting open, he's been spot on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    I said he should sit, even after Garrard got hurt. Instead Philbin opted to go the JJ/Aikman route and start the rookie all season. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm not disappointed in RT's play this season.
    I'm with ya. It looks to be a VG move.

Gotta do something on that pic of the cat, and come up with a better one. JMO
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ryann T. has played well enough as a rookie to merit playing even though Moore might have (its just guessing) won us a couple more games. Even though I thought it was a good move to trade Marshall because of how he might disrupt the team chemistry for the rookie QB I would have loved to see given the same weapons with Marshalls talent where we are at with Ryann T. Marshall added another notch to the offense last year and regarless of how bad Vonte Davis has done in Indy last year when he was on the field he added another notch to the defense. So with both those guys this year it could be a whole different ball game. Guess another thread would have it been worth it to have gone a possible 10-6 with those guys instead of where we are at now?
    Quote Quote