Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MiamiDolfan85 Miami Mock(first 4 rounds)

1. -31
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cyrus Kouandjio is one of the elite left tackles in college football. We moved an All-American left tackle to Center in order to get Kouandjio there despite only being a sophomore. One area Fluker tends to struggle is pass protection and owns Mingo. Damontre Moore is a kid that I view as a legitimate top 10 prospect, where as Montgomery is a kid that's as good of a player as any of the DE's that may go in the 1st round in my estimation.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that left tackle that wr amare cooper and the rb yelton all special talents for bama...all top 10 picks imo...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    When I look at Sam Montgomery, I see Ray Edwards. But worse.
    just watched some tape on montgomery, im not impressed at all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Evidently I wouldn't have to worry about very many taking this kid out from under me.... he'd fall to me in the 4th round. I'll take it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    May have already been said (I didn't read the whole thread), but how do you consider Stedman Bailey a *smaller* DeSean Jackson? He's bigger than DeSean Jackson is. Tavon Austin is the one who reminds me of a smaller DeSean Jackson, but from what I've seen, DeSean Jackson may just be a poor man's Tavon Austin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    It's not popular but I wonder if corner is just such a glaring weakness that we may just have to come to grips with Dee Milliner being potentially the most likely choice at #11 or #13 or wherever we pick (assuming we get to 6-10). Taking a corner is never really popular for fans because it's more of a preventative decision...but it might be the most likely choice. Richard Marshall was not very good when he played, and then he got hurt, and he's only got I believe one more year left under contract anyway. Nolan Carroll is in the doghouse. R.J. Stanford isn't exactly the answer. Jimmy Wilson has been mostly a liability as a corner.

And in the end the mile-high view of it just makes sense. The Dolphins struck out on Vontae Davis, were forced to jettison him, so now they've got to replace him.

I haven't seen too many (read: none whatsoever) fan mocks that begin with Dee Milliner at #11 or #13 overall, but it may be a possibility that needs exploring.
    I definitely think a corner is needed, but just don't know if there's that Claiborne/Peterson type guy out there that would make fans salivate. Granted, he probably wouldn't be available at #11 or #13 if there was.

Personally, I like Jordan Poyer and think he may be available in Round 2. If not, then another CB will be.

Honestly, I've had trouble pin pointing exactly who I'd want in the first with the players whom will most likely be available. But the best DE, CB, WR, or if a stud like Te'o falls, then I'll be okay. I just don't want another lineman. I recognize the possibility is there for that, unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    as long as i can quote you on that jpp stuff...of which tools and athletically wise montgomery can't sniff

b/t guys that left tackle for bama cyrus whatever his name is that kid looks special to me down the line...i really like him...might be the best player on that line already...
    I read it was Barrett Jones, not Cyrus who contained Montgomery but who cares, it was one game. I remember a year ago Patriot fans were jawing about how Nate Solder shut down Cam Wake the whole game. It's not like Dolphins nation was like, "oh, Cam is losing it" or he's garbage or whatever. No. Solder just had one good game against him, so what. Wake has a body of work(All Pro, 1 time Pro Bowl selection;on pace for another), just like Montgomery(only DE on the team last year to earn First Team All-SEC w/ 13.5 sacks). Trust me, they just down hand those out to scrubs. Name 2 more tackles in the country that's had that kind of sucess against Montgomery.

....I'll wait
    Last edited by MiamiDolfan85; 12-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolfan85 View Post
    I read it was Barrett Jones, not Cyrus who contained Montgomery but who cares, it was one game. I remember a year ago Patriot fans were jawing about how Nate Solder shut down Cam Wake the whole game. It's not like Dolphins nation was like, "oh, Cam is losing it" or he's garbage or whatever. No. Solder just had one good game against him, so what. Wake has a body of work(All Pro, 1 time Pro Bowl selection;on pace for another), just like Montgomery(only DE on the team last year to earn First Team All-SEC w/ 13.5 sacks). Trust me, they just down hand those out to scrubs. Name 2 more tackles in the country that's had that kind of sucess against Montgomery.

....I'll wait
    i suggest you get your hands on the a & m lsu tape and the matchup against ots luke joeckel and jake matthews...who were dominant...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i suggest you get your hands on the a & m lsu tape and the matchup against ots luke joeckel and jake matthews...who were dominant...
    I'll give you Joeckel, because he primarily matched up against him but give me tape where Matthews dominated cause Im not seeing it
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    I definitely think a corner is needed, but just don't know if there's that Claiborne/Peterson type guy out there that would make fans salivate. Granted, he probably wouldn't be available at #11 or #13 if there was.

Personally, I like Jordan Poyer and think he may be available in Round 2. If not, then another CB will be.

Honestly, I've had trouble pin pointing exactly who I'd want in the first with the players whom will most likely be available. But the best DE, CB, WR, or if a stud like Te'o falls, then I'll be okay. I just don't want another lineman. I recognize the possibility is there for that, unfortunately.
    If it's a corner then for my money the best one in the Draft is probably Dee Milliner. Best combination of pure movement skills, ball skills, physicality and aggressiveness, etc. Has good size too. Not shutdown but then, who is? Biggest problem for me isn't "shutdown", it's actually lack of discipline in tackling support angles.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote