Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Miami Dolphins are setting Ryan Tannehill up for failure

1. -1
    take your time, don't live too fast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Miami Dolphins are setting Ryan Tannehill up for failure

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...up-for-failure

Miami's two leading receivers, Hartline and Bess, combine for 60% of the entire passing offense. Seattle's top-two receivers. Tate and Rice, combine for 44% of the passing offense. Let's look at more of the rookies and see how the numbers stack up.

The Colts' two leading receivers, Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery, account for 51% of the passing offense.

Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson of the Redskins? Just 31%.
    Brandon Weeden's two leading receivers, Josh Gordon and Greg Little, account for 41%.
    On a good note, both of Miami's top receivers have the opportunity to surpass 1,000 with three games remaining on the season. On the other hand, this is a startling number.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our WR's suck....this much is clear

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION

i am no expert but to play QB in this league against the best defenses with no running game, no wide receivers and a suspect offensive line and no TE's what do people expect from Tanehill, miracals?

bring in any QB in the league and i would like to see how he would do with this peace of **** offense that we have!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's all play design. It is absolutely criminal how they have gone out of their way to under utilize Reggie Bush. He should have at least twice the receptions he has now. When was the last time we ran a screen or created a mismatch with him running a wheel route on a LB??? Even if we get weapons this off season, I have no faith Sherman will find ways to use them properly. He's too focused on running his offense regardless of what pieces he actually has.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Hood, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They need to get Reggie more touches period. He sure won't ever lead the league in rushing with 10-14 carries a game. I don't understand why they go away from him when he is putting up 4.5ypc.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clearly OP you haven't listened to Mike Mayock Interview with Joe Rose today. He had a very different opinion that what your suggesting and I agree with him!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I ask from Tannehill is to let it loose in the remaining games of the season. I don't care if he throws 4 INT's per game, throw the ball with confidence and don't be afraid of the result. I want to see an effort like the one against the Cardinals. Don't leave anything back from now on, just show us something.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I just wrote this in another thread and here's what I'm wondering:

Why aren't they calling more bootlegs? More rollouts? More plays that take advantage of his legs? Why not more screen passes to Reggie Bush? Maybe a screen pass to Marlon Moore or even Marcus Thigpen?

Is Mike Sherman doing this on purpose because the team is prioritizing the development of Ryan Tannehill as an NFL caliber QB over winning football games? Or is Sherman just that daft?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I just wrote this in another thread and here's what I'm wondering:

Why aren't they calling more bootlegs? More rollouts? More plays that take advantage of his legs? Why not more screen passes to Reggie Bush? Maybe a screen pass to Marlon Moore or even Marcus Thigpen?

Is Mike Sherman doing this on purpose because the team is prioritizing the development of Ryan Tannehill as an NFL caliber QB over winning football games? Or is Sherman just that daft?
    Looking at your sig here, werent you defending ireland the other day?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    Looking at your sig here, werent you defending ireland the other day?
    Not to my knowledge. For a long time my position has been that Jeff Ireland has done a bad job, but that since he's the General Manager and we're stuck with him, I can at least hope for him to get better rather than hoping that the team falls flat on its face and hope that results in him getting fired.

Not all of his moves have been terrible, and when he makes a good move I will give him credit, but his record in free agency is indefensible.
    Quote Quote