Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JT lashes out at Bill Parcells

Hybrid View

1. -1
    droopy dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Smack JT lashes out at Bill Parcells

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/jason-taylor-does-not-like-bill-parcells/

In a case of ESPN-on-ESPN crime based not on conflicting reports but on conflicting personalities, Jason Taylor has lashed out at Bill Parcells.

Taylor told the Miami Herald that he is “not the biggest Bill Parcells fan,” saying that Parcells did a lousy job running the Dolphins from 2008 to 2010.
    And the Herald says that “Taylor blasted Parcells” when discussing the way Parcells did his job as executive V.P. of football operations. Taylor ripped Parcells dealt for his “lack of building for the future, and the lack of commitment on his part.”

FINALLY someone at ESPN who isnt gonna blindly bow down and kiss Parcells behind like everyone else does. Thanks for saying what we are all thinkin, JT. I forgive you for playing for the Jets now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hit the nail on the head!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    droopy dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When Taylor got the job at ESPN this year, he said he didn’t think Parcells would want him there.
    If Bill had anything to do with hiring me, they wouldn’t have hired me or they would get rid of me,” Taylor told the Herald. “I haven’t talked to Bill since he got rid of me a second time.”
    If Taylor and Parcells bump into each other at the ESPN Christmas party, it won’t be pretty.

serves that old codger right
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds like taylor is upset BP got rid of him and Miami had success w/o him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    East Petersburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Sounds like taylor is upset BP got rid of him and Miami had success w/o him.
    I don't get comments like this, spiteful for the sake of being spiteful.
    Sounds to me like Taylor wanted to stay in Miami, his history of performance merited his retention, yet Parcells chose to trade him for no other reason than to show he could.
    The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more.
    -A fortune cookie
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopkin02 View Post
    I don't get comments like this, spiteful for the sake of being spiteful.
    Sounds to me like Taylor wanted to stay in Miami, his history of performance merited his retention, yet Parcells chose to trade him for no other reason than to show he could.
    He had a chance to stay, he chose to dance. BP wasn't interested in dancers. he was trying to turn around a franchise that won ONE game the year before, he needed total committment. jason was unwilling to give it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    He had a chance to stay, he chose to dance. BP wasn't interested in dancers. he was trying to turn around a franchise that won ONE game the year before, he needed total committment. jason was unwilling to give it.
    No he wasn't. He was interested in cornfed, which has set this team back going on 6 years now.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If nyjunc's credibility is low around here that says more about Finheaven and Dolphin fan frothing obsession with the Jets than it says about nyjunc. I have no idea how he calmly responds to one post after another, dominating virtually every exchange.

His overriding theme could not be more accurate: Miami fans annually assert the Dolphins are in better shape than the Jets, now and particularly going forward, but it seldom if ever plays out that way. I don't know how many times the evidence is smack in the face before you seek treatment for a broken nose.

Even right now I don't understand the near unanimous consensus that the Dolphins are further along than the Jets. We have a YPPA Differential of -.2. The Jets are a shade behind at -.4, playing without the top cornerback in the league. Both numbers are weak, not indicative of any hidden strength, which you sometimes see in a team whose won/loss record lags its YPPA Differential. Carolina is easily the most undervalued team in the league, at +1.3. Not surprising they handled Atlanta comfortably last weekend. Carolina actually controlled the play against the Falcons for the vast majority of both meetings, and lost the first only when Newton fumbled after making what would have been a game sealing first down.

Subjectively it's cute to believe Miami is in great shape going forward. It's been that way for years. Invariably the analysts and media members sign off with a positive theme when speaking to the Miami media. No different with Mike Mayock yesterday, saying Tannehill will benefit after forced to find "tight windows" this year with lousy receivers. There's always some forced angle toward the positive. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have been a go-against franchise for nearly a decade. There's no chance I'm going to jump shift with virtually no evidence and assert we're on our way. It's not about hitting 90% it's about aligning yourself with the side most likely to be 55 to 60% accurate. I'm not talking about betting, I'm talking about slant. No it won't work out fits best with the Dolphins in this era. Let's see, we have a horrendous stadium in an even worse location, a glorified neutral site, yet one we're determined to waste hundreds more millions in patching. Mike Dee doesn't understand how Gator Day isn't a great idea, since the teams don't play annually. Jeff Ireland, that name speaks for itself. Coach and quarterback might work out. MIGHT. That's hardly sufficient to override the long term foundational theme. nyjunc grasps as much, others do not.

The apologists eventually will have a told you do season. Hey, I'm rooting for it. Several. But just imagine how often they've been wrong, brutally wrong. Besides, I'm not even sure what qualifies as a successful season around here, considering we mock the Jets for two losing AFC Championship Games. Given that standard, saying No toward the Dolphins almost can't lose. I'll take my chances.

Winning one game the week after facing the Jets would be a nice start. Let's climb that hurdle first.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Junc, I NEVER agreed with you... until now.. JT never should have went to dancing with the stars.. didn't show any leadership
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When we say he hit on the nail, is because we backup that perception, BP did a terrible job here in Miami if we talk about given expectations, huge tuna salary and bad results, it was a robbery.
    Quote Quote