Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JT lashes out at Bill Parcells

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    And all it took was a once in a lifetime fluke of Chad Pennington being released and the easiest schedule in the entire NFL! Thanks JunC, yet again you completely ignore not only logic but context to bring us your ridiculously biased opinion.

You're still on the Sanchez bandwagon, aren't you?
    regardless of the circumstances you won 11 games under him.

Again, I think BP is a terrible GM type but he didn't ruin your franchise, he made you better. To continue to blame failures on him years later is just an excuse.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Taylor, such a man!

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    regardless of the circumstances you won 11 games under him.

Again, I think BP is a terrible GM type but he didn't ruin your franchise, he made you better. To continue to blame failures on him years later is just an excuse.
    How is that "just an excuse" when the residual effects of the decisions made specifically by Parcells are still being felt? That's silly.

It's dishonest to blame Parcells entirely by himself. I'll give you that. But to sit here and say that he did a great job, or hell even a GOOD job at building this football team up? You're delusional, and can't see the trees for the forest while trying to argue it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If nyjunc's credibility is low around here that says more about Finheaven and Dolphin fan frothing obsession with the Jets than it says about nyjunc. I have no idea how he calmly responds to one post after another, dominating virtually every exchange.

His overriding theme could not be more accurate: Miami fans annually assert the Dolphins are in better shape than the Jets, now and particularly going forward, but it seldom if ever plays out that way. I don't know how many times the evidence is smack in the face before you seek treatment for a broken nose.

Even right now I don't understand the near unanimous consensus that the Dolphins are further along than the Jets. We have a YPPA Differential of -.2. The Jets are a shade behind at -.4, playing without the top cornerback in the league. Both numbers are weak, not indicative of any hidden strength, which you sometimes see in a team whose won/loss record lags its YPPA Differential. Carolina is easily the most undervalued team in the league, at +1.3. Not surprising they handled Atlanta comfortably last weekend. Carolina actually controlled the play against the Falcons for the vast majority of both meetings, and lost the first only when Newton fumbled after making what would have been a game sealing first down.

Subjectively it's cute to believe Miami is in great shape going forward. It's been that way for years. Invariably the analysts and media members sign off with a positive theme when speaking to the Miami media. No different with Mike Mayock yesterday, saying Tannehill will benefit after forced to find "tight windows" this year with lousy receivers. There's always some forced angle toward the positive. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have been a go-against franchise for nearly a decade. There's no chance I'm going to jump shift with virtually no evidence and assert we're on our way. It's not about hitting 90% it's about aligning yourself with the side most likely to be 55 to 60% accurate. I'm not talking about betting, I'm talking about slant. No it won't work out fits best with the Dolphins in this era. Let's see, we have a horrendous stadium in an even worse location, a glorified neutral site, yet one we're determined to waste hundreds more millions in patching. Mike Dee doesn't understand how Gator Day isn't a great idea, since the teams don't play annually. Jeff Ireland, that name speaks for itself. Coach and quarterback might work out. MIGHT. That's hardly sufficient to override the long term foundational theme. nyjunc grasps as much, others do not.

The apologists eventually will have a told you do season. Hey, I'm rooting for it. Several. But just imagine how often they've been wrong, brutally wrong. Besides, I'm not even sure what qualifies as a successful season around here, considering we mock the Jets for two losing AFC Championship Games. Given that standard, saying No toward the Dolphins almost can't lose. I'll take my chances.

Winning one game the week after facing the Jets would be a nice start. Let's climb that hurdle first.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I tend to agree with Taylor on this.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds like taylor is upset BP got rid of him and Miami had success w/o him.
    I guess that's how a jets fan defines success.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    If nyjunc's credibility is low around here that says more about Finheaven and Dolphin fan frothing obsession with the Jets than it says about nyjunc. I have no idea how he calmly responds to one post after another, dominating virtually every exchange.

His overriding theme could not be more accurate: Miami fans annually assert the Dolphins are in better shape than the Jets, now and particularly going forward, but it seldom if ever plays out that way. I don't know how many times the evidence is smack in the face before you seek treatment for a broken nose.

Even right now I don't understand the near unanimous consensus that the Dolphins are further along than the Jets. We have a YPPA Differential of -.2. The Jets are a shade behind at -.4, playing without the top cornerback in the league. Both numbers are weak, not indicative of any hidden strength, which you sometimes see in a team whose won/loss record lags its YPPA Differential. Carolina is easily the most undervalued team in the league, at +1.3. Not surprising they handled Atlanta comfortably last weekend. Carolina actually controlled the play against the Falcons for the vast majority of both meetings, and lost the first only when Newton fumbled after making what would have been a game sealing first down.

Subjectively it's cute to believe Miami is in great shape going forward. It's been that way for years. Invariably the analysts and media members sign off with a positive theme when speaking to the Miami media. No different with Mike Mayock yesterday, saying Tannehill will benefit after forced to find "tight windows" this year with lousy receivers. There's always some forced angle toward the positive. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have been a go-against franchise for nearly a decade. There's no chance I'm going to jump shift with virtually no evidence and assert we're on our way. It's not about hitting 90% it's about aligning yourself with the side most likely to be 55 to 60% accurate. I'm not talking about betting, I'm talking about slant. No it won't work out fits best with the Dolphins in this era. Let's see, we have a horrendous stadium in an even worse location, a glorified neutral site, yet one we're determined to waste hundreds more millions in patching. Mike Dee doesn't understand how Gator Day isn't a great idea, since the teams don't play annually. Jeff Ireland, that name speaks for itself. Coach and quarterback might work out. MIGHT. That's hardly sufficient to override the long term foundational theme. nyjunc grasps as much, others do not.

The apologists eventually will have a told you do season. Hey, I'm rooting for it. Several. But just imagine how often they've been wrong, brutally wrong. Besides, I'm not even sure what qualifies as a successful season around here, considering we mock the Jets for two losing AFC Championship Games. Given that standard, saying No toward the Dolphins almost can't lose. I'll take my chances.

Winning one game the week after facing the Jets would be a nice start. Let's climb that hurdle first.
    You should go and spoon with junc,
    we know Miami has a **** team and we knew it when the season started, but to say that junc provides depth to any discussion around here it's very misguided.
    You should start by asking junc about Sanchez, he'll tell you how he took the jests to the championship game 2 year ago and how his ability is top 5.
    Then he can tell you all about big mouth rex, how he's the best head coach and certainly the best DC to walk the earth.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's not involved, hasn't been for a couple of years. He was there for 3 years, Miami went 25-23, 1 div title, 1 playoff app. 16-32 3 years prior to BP? which is better?
    Man you are dense... His archaic drafting philosophies left this team void of NFL talent and that is reflected today in the fact that we have very few players that are considered playmakers in a playmakers league. Teams ran this bad cannot recover over night. Not saying that anyone currently is doing a thing to improve the outlook, but years of clueless leadership at the fingers of Parcells has made the prospect of turning this team around quickly very difficult.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

My thinking is both of you could hug...
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Next year on Atlanta's bye week they should have john beck as a guest. Sit him right beside Parcells wearing his new SB ring. Then they can do a segment on the best LT's in the game. See where Jake Wrong ranks in each of the panel members' lists.
    What, did the league eliminate postseason play? Was I dozing?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote