Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: What Will Make You Click Your Heels Post Draft?

  1. -11
    MRojas4's Avatar
    The Cheese Connoisseur

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    3,451
    vCash:
    106
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If I am GM,

    Basing this off of not making any big moves in FA, and ending up with the 11th overall pick. Starks, S. Smith, Hartline, Fasano are signed back.

    1st Round 11th - DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama (BPA at the 11th pick, Automatic starter, Marshall moves back to Nickel CB his TRUE position)
    2nd Round 42nd - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    2nd Round 54th - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia (J. Long is allowed to walk and J. Martin moves over to LT)
    3rd Round 71st - Ryan Swoope, WR, Texas A&M
    3rd Round 84th - Tyrann Mathieu "Honey Badger", CB/S, LSU (Camp battle with Clemons for FS slot, Character issues will drop him but risk/reward balance)
    4th/5th Round - Best LB's available, LB depth is desperately needed.
    6th/7th Round - BPA's

    I will be the first to notice that a speed rush DE is missing from the draft. I believe we will stick with Wake,Soliai,Starks,Odrick at the front with Vernon developing into 3rd down pass rusher shifting the D line to Wake, Starks, Odrick, Vernon on "pass" downs.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    10,214
    vCash:
    8008
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It doesn't matter what'd make me happy cause whatever is I want, Ireland will probably do the opposite. It's no secret we need a pass rushing DE and a corner that can cover on defence and we need a playmaking WR and a TE on offence. That's just for starters.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    outlawd2u's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    3,851
    vCash:
    1755
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as I want and we need a WR and CB's if Te'o falls to us we Have to take him. Te'o is a pretty complete LB but is is also a fierce competitor and a Leader! Which is something this team sorely lacks, Te'o as a rookie would put this entire defense on his back and everyone in a Dolphins uniform would play better because of it. I think he will be long gone by our pick though and if we get a CB, Pass rusher, and a WR in the first 3 rounds I'd be ecstatic. I really hate drafting for needs but if I'm running this draft at the end of round 3 I'd probably have brand new players at WR, CB, DE/OLB, S, and TE. Get a WR or pass rusher in FA and I'm taking 2 CB's in the draft, get a WR AND a pass rusher in FA and I'm taking 2 CB's and still taking another pass rusher early in the draft.

    If we go into the 2013 season without an upgrade at WR, and/or CB then the offseason will be a huge failure IMO. I actually think CB is a bigger need than WR but however if you feel as though Tannehill is going to be your franchise QB then you do NOT under any circumstances send him on the field next season without an upgrade of weapons for him to throw to.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,549
    vCash:
    8690
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Bjoern Werner or Mingo - would be ecstatic with either. If both gone, maybe Eifert if his speed clocks out well.
    2A. Cordarelle Patterson (underrated, love his size; he may be skyrocketing into round one so this may be too low) or Robert Woods, or Stedman Bailey (maybe high, but love the kid's moxie)
    2B. Terry Hawthorne Cb, Illinois, maybe Trufant (I think these guys are 2's when all is said and done)
    3A. If no Eifert in 1, take Zach Ertz, Stanford TE (some say he is a 2nd round pick, but I think he is only a 4.75 speed guy)
    3B. Best OG on the board who fits ZBS or perhaps a safety like Rambo
    4. LB
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    20,835
    vCash:
    42596
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I would click my heels if Jeff Ireland was actually not making the picks.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,604
    vCash:
    2353
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    1. Bjoern Werner or Mingo - would be ecstatic with either. If both gone, maybe Eifert if his speed clocks out well.
    2A. Cordarelle Patterson (underrated, love his size; he may be skyrocketing into round one so this may be too low) or Robert Woods, or Stedman Bailey (maybe high, but love the kid's moxie)
    2B. Terry Hawthorne Cb, Illinois, maybe Trufant (I think these guys are 2's when all is said and done)
    3A. If no Eifert in 1, take Zach Ertz, Stanford TE (some say he is a 2nd round pick, but I think he is only a 4.75 speed guy)
    3B. Best OG on the board who fits ZBS or perhaps a safety like Rambo
    4. LB
    I could damn sure go for some of this . I have a ton of mocks I have done, where a lot of these guys end up in them

    werner or mingo in round one, and I'm probably drunk before the next 15 minutes passes by.

    hawthorne is the other CB I keep coming back to , because I see him being there in the end of the 2nd with indys pick. I've gone WR with 2a in virtually every mock I have done, usually with deandre hopkins though. Zach ertz, i think I read is going back to school though.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,549
    vCash:
    8690
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I could damn sure go for some of this . I have a ton of mocks I have done, where a lot of these guys end up in them

    werner or mingo in round one, and I'm probably drunk before the next 15 minutes passes by.

    hawthorne is the other CB I keep coming back to , because I see him being there in the end of the 2nd with indys pick. I've gone WR with 2a in virtually every mock I have done, usually with deandre hopkins though. Zach ertz, i think I read is going back to school though.
    Good stuff. Trufant is another good corner. Good ball skills and moxie. If Eifert isn't our first rounder, I'd say that Joseph Fauria out of UCLA warrants strong, strrong consideration in the second or third. 6'7, 260, and can catch. Runs in the 4.7-4.75 range. Sadly, this team has a ton of needs.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    OrlandoFin's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    1,210
    vCash:
    5176
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1 – Dion Jordan DE, Oregon. I would try to trade back. I think Miami can get similar value at 20 something as they can at 12 or so which is where they are now. However if they can’t Jordan gives Miami that pass rushers opposite of Wake. If Verron keeps progressing then they have the DE’s for after Wake as well.

    2a – Desmond Trufant CB, Washington. Like his brothers he is a physical corner with the speed to keep up deep.

    2b – Da’Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee Tech. He got kicked out of Ten for smoking pot but has first round talent. At 6’3”, 208 and 4.4 speed he has the speed to go deep and the size to be a red zone threat.

    3a – Tank Carradine DE, FSU. You can NEVER have enough pass rushers. If Carradine wouldn’t have gotten hurt late in the season he would have been a mid to early second round pick. Carradine not only can get pressure on the QB but plays sets the edge and play the run well.

    3b – Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M. Swope was Tannehill’s favorite receiver and at 6” 206lbs has good size for a WR in the WCO. He doesn’t have great speed (4.53 range) but has quick feet and great hands. He will end up being a slot receiver in the NFL but compares favorably to Wes Welker.

    4 – Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA – He runs good routes and has the ability to be a seam threat.

    5 – DJ Swearinger, FS, South Carolina
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,017
    vCash:
    3606
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Avoid Sugar Possum and T.J. McDonald 2. Avoid trading up for another RB when better are available.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,549
    vCash:
    8690
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFin View Post
    1 – Dion Jordan DE, Oregon. I would try to trade back. I think Miami can get similar value at 20 something as they can at 12 or so which is where they are now. However if they can’t Jordan gives Miami that pass rushers opposite of Wake. If Verron keeps progressing then they have the DE’s for after Wake as well.

    2a – Desmond Trufant CB, Washington. Like his brothers he is a physical corner with the speed to keep up deep.

    2b – Da’Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee Tech. He got kicked out of Ten for smoking pot but has first round talent. At 6’3”, 208 and 4.4 speed he has the speed to go deep and the size to be a red zone threat.

    3a – Tank Carradine DE, FSU. You can NEVER have enough pass rushers. If Carradine wouldn’t have gotten hurt late in the season he would have been a mid to early second round pick. Carradine not only can get pressure on the QB but plays sets the edge and play the run well.

    3b – Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M. Swope was Tannehill’s favorite receiver and at 6” 206lbs has good size for a WR in the WCO. He doesn’t have great speed (4.53 range) but has quick feet and great hands. He will end up being a slot receiver in the NFL but compares favorably to Wes Welker.

    4 – Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA – He runs good routes and has the ability to be a seam threat.

    5 – DJ Swearinger, FS, South Carolina
    Great point on Carradine in the 3rd. However, isn't that awfully low for Fauria? I am also not a huge Swope guy as for what this team truly needs. I'd take him lower maybe, but not on day 2.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Two post draft moves that make sense....
    By Posito in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 06:05 PM
  2. Cant Stop the Heels
    By Ferretsquig in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:51 AM
  3. havent registered to post? CLICK ME!
    By TerryTate in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •