Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Go offense rounds 1-3

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins need so much help that drafting anything other than DT and QB would work for me.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel that our first pick should be on the best available at a need position on D. none of the receivers available early would help Tannehill enough as none of them are of the Calvin or Andre Johnson mold, thus we need to reach out in free agency for a WR. We would then have a choice of some of the following DE/LB/CBs available who have the ability to start right away in RD. 1

Jarvis Jones
    Damontre Moore/Bjoern Werner
    Te'o
    Demarcus Milliner/ John Banks
    Montgomery and Mingo

The list of available WRs projected to go rd 2/3 is just as impressive as Allen/Hunter

Cordarelle Patterson
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Terrance Williams
    Robert Woods
    Tavon Austin/ Stedman Bailey
    Darick Rogers
    Ryan Swope
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone who keeps saying defense needs to stop. You DO NOT WIN GAMES scoring 1 TD a game with a few FGs scattered in...You win the way Marino did in 84...you air it out...

THE nfl has changed the rules to make you throw it more...get on the boat, We need a big WE who can get separation and is tall and strong, and then we need a pass catching TE who is actually able to get on the field unlike egnew...

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    Anyone who keeps saying defense needs to stop. You DO NOT WIN GAMES scoring 1 TD a game with a few FGs scattered in...You win the way Marino did in 84...you air it out...

THE nfl has changed the rules to make you throw it more...get on the boat, We need a big WE who can get separation and is tall and strong, and then we need a pass catching TE who is actually able to get on the field unlike egnew...

I agree with this BUT you can't just draft playmakers if the draft doesn't have any. The talent in this draft is on the defensive side.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I'm not sure we need to go offense or defense heavy... we need to be real judicious about taking BPA. Our first 5 picks need to be solid, first four at the very least.

there will be a lot of talent at the top of round one from an edge rusher standpoint... I think that has to be the pick. The talent at WR will be loaded on the back half of round one and early into round two. Same goes for CB. We have to take a CB in round two with 2a or 2b, my preference would be 2b if feasible, but if we wait longer than round two, that ship will have set sail.

In all actuality, I prefer to see something like this.

1. DE
    2. WR
    2b. CB
    3a. DE
    3b. WR
    4. CB/LB
    5. RB/DB
    6. OL/DL
    7. BPA
    1. DE Moore/Werner
    2. WR Hopkins/Woods/Williams/Darick Rogers/Austin
    2b. CB Rhodes/Amerson/Logan Ryan/
    3a. DE id even look OLB here, Gerald Hodges would be a nice pickup. TA&M's Porter would be another contributer as he had lots of playing time at DE and OLB.
    3b. WR Austin/Bailey/Swope/Matthews/Stills

Another PSU player id look at late is Michael Mauti. Plays with heart and is a natural leader. Would be very good on special teams as well. He does have a red flag coming in the form of injuries which is what will drop his stock.
    Would take a flyer on mathieu late as a nickel but i see a team taking him earlier than expected.
    Last edited by state06; 12-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    What are the chances of Robert Woods being on the board when we pick in round 2? Seems a great value pick if he was there
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would go for Woods in round two

Keenan Allen is just the finheaven hype around here. I am not too thrilled about him. He seems to be doing bubble screens alot. I could be wrong but I am just not seeing instant impact here and your first rounder needs to be on day one.

I think we need to go offense big and for those who think we are ok at TE you are so way off its not funny. Noone and I mean no one should be banking anything on Egnew. Clay has regressed in this offense and Philbin will want some good TE's. Fasano is a FA.

Another thing, for those expecting the phins to sign FA from other teams, you might want to seek potential psychiatric help ahead of time when we dont sign anyone, even GB players.

We need a CB early and one late IMO. I beleive in drafting needs high so long as they are ranked in the area picked. If you can get a serious upgrade, then you take a position already a strength.

FA will be all about signing our own guys. sorry, just getting you prepared.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would do bpa with our first pick then fill in the needs afterward
    Quote Quote