Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addressing the 1st Round

1. -21
    BigSportShop.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jakeiii View Post
    simple, wr's rounds 1-7. Done!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Simple. I am going to put the 4 main positions of need as it seems in the poll, if you're GM...who is your first pick?

Edit: Lol my bad...poll seemed to be bugged, but the options were going to be WR, CB, DE, and OT.
    Depending on if we lose more games and have a top ten pick or we end with a top 15 pick DE if we let Starks walk. WR to compliment Jennings or Wallace in FA if we let Hartline walk. Use 2nd round picks on CB and DE or WR depending on what we selected in the 1st round. "If" after we Tag Jake Long we trade him for a 1st and 3rd round pick? We draft a RT with his 1st round pick and obtain BPA with the three 3rd round picks. If Long stays under the Tag, the two 3rd rounders are BPA.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Depending on if we lose more games and have a top ten pick or we end with a top 15 pick DE if we let Starks walk. WR to compliment Jennings or Wallace in FA if we let Hartline walk. Use 2nd round picks on CB and DE or WR depending on what we selected in the 1st round. "If" after we Tag Jake Long we trade him for a 1st and 3rd round pick? We draft a RT with his 1st round pick and obtain BPA with the three 3rd round picks. If Long stays under the Tag, the two 3rd rounders are BPA.

If I read another post suggesting it is possible to tag and trade Jake Long I think my head will explode.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    If I read another post suggesting it is possible to tag and trade Jake Long I think my head will explode.
    It's possible, live with it. But I'd keep him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about our 1st and and a 3rd and a swap of 2nd's to move up and get Jarvis Jones, since there is not WR worth a top 20 pick. Jones would be a difference maker helping Wake and our secondary.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see us not resigning Long in the offseason, but the FO signing a zoneblocking scheme T and OG. Even with all of the cap money we have I don't see them making a big splash. Perhaps the biggest signing will be a WR or TE to help Tannyhill. I say this because the Fins now run a very complicated offense that has proven tough for WR's and TE's to pick up.

I also don't understand why people think Ireland will trade down this draft to garner more picks. Since Parcells left the organization Ireland has traded up in the two drafts he has been in charge of when a player he wants is available.

My FA period would look something like this. Sign Jennings (WR) from GB, Cook (T) from Tennessee, Dietrich-Smith (G) from Green Bay and also a zone blocking RT.

If we are drafting in the top 10 I could really see us drafting a pass rushing DE. It's been proven the only way you can stop a top 5 QB in the league is to get CONSISTENT pressure. I know we are the #4 team in sacks right now but they just don't come at the opportune time or with consistently. So for my first pick I would be hoping for either Mingo, Moore, Warner, or Jordan.

As I stated above Ireland has actually moved up in his past two drafts and I could see him jumping back into the first round this year. This could easily be done by trading one of our 2nd and 3rd picks. They could go with a WR, CB or FS all of which are needs. For this run lets just say they draft a CB, either Milliner or Banks.

In the 2nd round they could look to draft a WR because if you look at Philbins past history in Green Bay that is when most were selected. I could see anyone from Corradelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers, Deandre Hopkins, or Steadman Baily.

In the 3rd round they could look to draft a FS either Bacarri Rambo, Roberts Lester or Shaun Williams. Hell I could even see them drafting Ryan Swopes who was Tannyhills favorite target at A & M as well and drafting a S in the 4th.

If we came away with the additions via FA and the draft I would be very happy.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    CB is the glaring need this has to be fixed first and foremost if we ever are going to win anything.

The secondary is responsible for 90% of our losses. Draft, f/a, trade, whatever. Do them all but get it done.

But, with the way this team is right now, I like the bpa at need. cb/wr/pass rusher/te/ol in that order.
    It is our lack of ability to score points that is the primary reason we don't win and is responsible for 100% of our losses. What has a solid defense gotten us over these past 10 years?
    Now adays, Corner backs are less valuable than they used to be because of the rules changes and the player safety stuff, they simply aren't as effective as they used to be. In fact, there
    is no longer such a thing as a shut down corner because of illegal contact rules and nobody is affraid of going over the middle because the dbs are affraid of getting fined so they don't hit receivers in a way that is intimidating. The most valuable position on defense is a pass rusher. Receivers and tight ends are more valuable for this team if one measures overall impact with the primary weakness of this football team which is a lack of explosive play makers that score points. We need to score points dude!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ya but if you have a dumb db... they sure can hurt you with the new rules as well.

on that note... i do agree with you that our needs are not cornerback heavy in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing the Dolphins lack is elite players. Miami has some good players to build around, but if there's an elite guy available when the Dolphins pick that's the direction the team has to go. I think the best chance of that might be a DE or, as much as fans hate to hear it, an offensive lineman. Guys like Werner, Jones, Jordan, Matthews and Womack could be there when Miami picks. The last thing we want is to miss on an elite guy to trade down for more picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds i don't see any reason why Miami would trade down, unless it was for a higher round pick in the 2014 draft.
    Quote Quote