Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Round Mock \

1. -1
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

2 Round Mock \

This is gonna be a tough one. Never really did a full 2 Round Mock, but here's my go at it. Comments are welcomed and encouraged... especially with everybody having such different opinions on the players.

1. Kansas City Chiefs- Geno Smith QB, West Virginia I still personally like Matt Barkley a bit more than Geno, but it sounds like Geno is rising a bit in scouts eyes currently while Barkley is falling a bit. In recent weeks Barkley has shown a bit of an attitude that has some questioning him. Geno also has a stronger arm than Barkley. Either way, I'd be shocked if the number 1 pick isn't a QB.

2.Jacksonville Jaguars- Jarvis Jones OLB/DE, Georgia The Jaguars need talent all over the field. Now while a lot of people will be calling for QB, unless Gene Smith is fired, I doubt they go QB in round 1. Even with health concerns, Jones is one of the top players in the draft and will help the Jags defense right away.

3.Oakland Raiders DaMontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M The Raiders DL just isn't producing enough. Now I'm sure the Raiders will be tempted with DTs like Star Lotulelei, Jonathan Hankins, and Sheldon Richardson to replace the overrated and overpaid Tommy Kelly, but truth be told the Raiders just aren't getting enough from the pass rush. Moore's upside may remind Coach Dennis Allen a bit of Von Miller; whom Allen coached in Denver.

4.Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M Watch for Manti Te'o here. The Eagles OL has been destroyed with injuries as they are on their 3rd string LT. Even when healthy, their OL is aging. Joeckel is one of those OTs that easily could go number 1 overall.

5.Carolina Panthers- Star Lotulelei DT, Utah Had Luke Kuechley not been available last year, the Panthers were prepared to take Fletcher Cox 9th overall. Dwan and Ron Edwards have been terrible at DT. They'll be thanking their lucky star if Star is available.

6.Tennessee Titans- Dee Milner CB, Alabama Titans need to get more talent in the secondary. Milner is the best player available.

7.Arizona Cardinals- Matt Barkley QB, USC The question the Cardinals have to ask is what need to they want to address first; QB or OL. A part of me really wanted to put Jake Matthews here, but the recent play of Arizona QBs makes it very difficult not to give the Cards Barkley

8.Detroit Lions- Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB, LSU Cliff Avril and Lawrence Jackson are both free agents (and Avril hasn't played well), and Kyle Vanden Bosch isn't getting any younger. Mingo's high upside in Jim Schwartz's version of the wide 9 might be a bit scary.

9. San Diego Chargers- Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame In an ideal world, Dee Milner would fall to the Chargers but they will not complain about Te'o. Takeo Spikes and DeMario Williams are aging and guys like Jonas Mouton and Donald Butler just haven't developed how SD would've liked.

10. Buffalo Bills- Tyler Wilson QB, Arkansas I could see Buffalo going a couple different ways, but in the end I think they get a QB in this draft. Fitzpatrick is a solid pro, but he's reached his ceiling. Wilson potentially could be a franchise QB.

11.Miami Dolphins- Keenan Allen WR, Cal We need a number 1 WR. Allen's skill set translates well to the West Coast Offense. Depending on which pass rushers are available, this pick could change.

12.Cleveland Browns- Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State Jabaal Sheard has had a great 2nd season in the NFL, but the Browns need more production at DE beside him. Werner is the best available.

13.New Orleans Saints- Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri Seddrick Ellis has been a bust and is a free agent. The question becomes which player do the Saints like more, Richardson or Hankins. With the Saints' system I give the slight edge to Richardson.

14.Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Johnthan Banks CB, Mississippi State The Bucs have the worst pass D in the league and were more than happy to give Aquib Talib away. Banks is the best corner available.

15.New York Jets- Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon The Jets have not had a dominant pass rusher since John Abraham left. Jordan has the most potential of any pass rusher available.

16.St. Louis Rams- Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M While the OL hasn't been bad this year, it could use more talent. Matthews and Tayor Lewan are close to each other in terms of talent, but I think Fisher goes with the son of his former player. Not that that's a mistake either.

17.Cincinatti Bengals-Sam Montgomery DE, LSU Michael Johnson has had a great season with 9 sacks but is a free agent while Carlos Dunlap and Robert Geathers have a combined 7 sacks. The Bengals really don't have many needs otherwise.

18.St Louis Rams- Terrence Williams WR, Baylor Rams need another outside WR. Williams has probably had the best year of the available WRs.

19.Dallas Cowboys- Chance Warmack OG, Alabama The Cowboys interior OL has been very bad. Warmack is the best interior guy in the draft.

20.Minnesota Vikings- Jonathan Hankins DT, Ohio state If the draft went this way, Hankins would be a potential steal. Once a huge strength of the Vikings, the interior DL is not as deep or as young as it once was.

21.Pittsburgh Steelers- Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas When healthy, Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark are probably the top safety tandem in the league. Problem is, they have not been healthy in a long time. Plus, both are on the wrong side of 30. Vaccaro gets to sit of a year and learn (much like Polamalu did as a rookie)

22.Chicago Bears- Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan Cutler just gets hit way too much. The Bears have to get somebody that can protect their QB.

23.Seattle Seahawks- CJ Mosely LB, Alabama If there is one weakness for the Seattle D, it's the outside linebacker position.

24.Indianapolis Colts-Barrett Jones OG/C, Alabama The Colts OL has played better than you would have expected, but you could still use an upgrade on the interior.

25.New York Giants-Alex Okafor DE, Texas Osi Umenyiora is a free agent and Justin Tuck hasn't been as effective this year as in year's past. The Giants have success based on their pass rush. It's time for them to start to add youth to that.

26.Green Bay Packers- Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame Jermichael Finley has been fairly inconsistent this year and has been benched several times in favor of Tom Crabtree. Eifert is also a good enough blocker to take some pressure off that OL.

27.Baltimore Ravens- Matt Elam S, Florida Ed Reid can't go forever and has battled some injuries in recent years. It's time to start planning for the future.

28.Denver Broncos- Alec Oggletree LB, Georgia Get another young athletic LB to pair with Von Miller.

29.San Francisco 49ers- John Jenkins NT, Georgia 9ers really don't have many weaknesses, but they could use a young true NT.

30.New England Patriots- Tavon Austin WR, West Virginia Surprising pick? With both Wes Welker and Julian Edelman has free agents the Pats will look for a replacement. While other WRs may be higher touted, I think Austin best fits what the Pats want to do.

31.Atlanta Falcons- Kawann Short DT, Purdue While the Atlanta D has looked better under Mike Nolan, their DL doesn't match up well with teams that want to play power football. This is where you add some Big 10 style defense.

32.Houston Texans- Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan While the left side of Houston's OL has been very good, the right side has struggled as they constantly rotate their RGs and RTs. Fisher can sure up the OT spot.

Round 2
    1.Jacksonville-Xavier Rhoads CB, Florida State
    2.Kansas City-Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
    3.Cincinnati- Giovanni Bernard RB, North Carolina
    4.Carolina- Eric Reid S, LSU
    5.Tennessee- Larry Warford OG, Kentucky
    6.Arizona- Brennan Williams OT, North Carolina
    7.Detroit-Jordan Poyer CB, Oregon State
    8.Philadelphia-David Amerson CB/S, NC State
    9.Buffalo-Robert Woods WR, USC
    10.Miami- Zach Ertz TE, Stanford- We haven't gotten much production at TE. Even if Egnew improves, we need help right away. Ertz played college ball in the WCO.
    11.San Diego-Logan Ryan CB, Rutgers
    12.New York Jets-Da'Rick Rodgers WR, Tennessee Tech
    13.Tampa Bay-Ezekial Ansah DE, BYU
    14.St. Louis-Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
    15.Washington-Tony Jefferson S, Oklahoma
    16.Dallas-Corey Lemonier OLB/DE, Auburn
    17.Minnesota- Quinton Patton WR, Louisiana Tech
    18.Cincinnati- Gerald Hodges LB, Penn State
    19.Pittsburgh-Joseph Randle RB, Oklahoma State
    20.Seattle-Ricky Wagner OT, Wisconsin
    21.Chicago-Joseph Fauria TE, UCLA
    22.Miami-Khaseem Greene LB, Rutgers- Just too good to pass up. Playmaker that adds a lot of versatility to the defense
    23.New York Giants- Dallas Thomas OL, Tennessee
    24.Baltimore-Mike Mauti LB, Penn State (Baltimore can afford to wait for him to be healthy)
    25.Green Bay-Stepfan Taylor RB, Stanford
    26.Denver-Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina
    27.San Francisco-Margus Hunt DE, SMU
    28.New England-Shariff Floyd DT, Florida
    29.Atlanta- Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina (have enough depth at RB where they can wait for him)
    30.Houston-Jesse Williams NT, Alabama
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like those 2nd round picks very much (Greene is a player!). I'm kinda "meh" with the Allen pick though. If Werner is there I'd rather have the pass rusher since there so many good ones in this draft.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I like those 2nd round picks very much (Greene is a player!). I'm kinda "meh" with the Allen pick though. If Werner is there I'd rather have the pass rusher since there so many good ones in this draft.
    Yes I'd be really disappointed in passing on Werner.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I agree with the consensus of passing on Werner. Is a for sure 4-3 DE that would start day one opposite of Cam Wake and really completes the DLine, whether you resign Starks or not.

Keenan Allen would be a perfect fit for this offense tho and I wouldn't be mad that we finally addressed the skill positions over the more beefy ones (though pass rusher is considered as skill position IMO). I don't think I could be mad with Allen, Werner, Banks and Montgomery on the table at that spot.

I do think not addressing CB in the first 2 rounds doesn't seem like a doable option, even if we are resigning Sean Smith and depending on Richard Marshall at CB . . . Carroll in his last year, Wilson and Stanford just isn't good enough. I'd give Egnew another year or sign a guy like Jared Cook before I draft a TE that early . . . I know production hasn't been there but I'd wait on it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would have a hard time passing on Cooper that late. He is the best Guard in this draft and perfect for the ZBS, instant upgrade of Richie who now is home getting fat after that pick. I know OL aren't popular but man to steal him then would be pretty awesome. Ertz is nice but I think that's high for him. I think he would still be around with our late 2nd. Allen or Werner are wins to me, so I'm indifferent there.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice work. I think the Chiefs definitely go QB and it'll likely be Smith although I think Barkley will have a better NFL career than him.

As for us well its dependant on free agency but I'd like us to get ourselves a #1 receiver in F.A. and snag one of the defensive ends coming out in the first round. I think we have a shot at Moore, Mingo, Werner, Jordan. Really any of them could fall to us. Then I'd say go corner in the second and get another receiver in the second also. I still like Woods of USC so if he comes out I'd love him in the second to pair with our new #1 from F.A.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: 2 Round Mock \

Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    Yes I'd be really disappointed in passing on Werner.
    This! If Werner is available, we take him or I go ballistic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    I would have a hard time passing on Cooper that late. He is the best Guard in this draft and perfect for the ZBS, instant upgrade of Richie who now is home getting fat after that pick. I know OL aren't popular but man to steal him then would be pretty awesome. Ertz is nice but I think that's high for him. I think he would still be around with our late 2nd. Allen or Werner are wins to me, so I'm indifferent there.
    You beat me to it
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lots of work and a fun read. I would not be disappointed at all with Allen as he fills a need in a big way. Wouldn't like that the Jets get Jordan though.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take Werner over Allen.
    Quote Quote