Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
If/when Nina and I have kids, they are going to a private school. I've read far too many research papers to discredit the fact that the overall experience is exponentially better in private schools as opposed to public. And there is FAR less incidents of violence, especially stuff like this...
My wife and I home school our grandaughter who lives with us. We started because of her health issues but found that it was a far superior education with a lot more control as to what and how she learned. She is also a lot safer and has a TON of social interaction that is on hers and our terms. She is heavily involved in her youth group at church, two local theatre companies, and a home school co-op with sports and all of the typical high school activities. In a lot of ways, she has more social opportunities than a lot of traditionally schooled kids. I was worried that she would become some kind of anti-social freak but I was absolutely wrong...she has blossomed socially moreso than ever and has gained tons of confidence. It can be a bit expensive but you can control the costs down to next to nothing and whatever the investment, it is well worth it. My wife and I have poured our lives into this child and protecting and guiding her is worth everything.