Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 313

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

  1. -151
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,260
    vCash:
    1253
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=phins_4_ever;1064530127]Sounds like a deer hunting/home defense weapon.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spas_12[/QUOTE]

    Ahhh, so a user-generated website called it a combat shotgun…

    The best part is you don't even know you're using a straw man. In your twisted mind, you think you're making perfect sense...


    I am sorry, correcting your misstatements is in no way a straw-man argument, you asserting it is certainly doesn’t make it so. In fact, I think the argument could be easily made that you were in fact the one using a straw-man because you were basing your argument on points that were just flat out wrong. Thank God there are enough of us on here who actually know our material so we can fact-check your statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    At least we definitively know its not to early to talk about gun control after this tragedy. Thanks Statler.


    Locke brought up gun-control first, not me. It’s an easy enough argument to win, so I am willing to have it whenever the Liberals want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    I think its better to restrict who buys it rather than the guns themselves. There has to be a better way to judge who and who cannot get a gun licence. Sometimes you can tell someones up to no good. The shooter was also, under 21. So his gun was owned illegaly. Thats the problem. Criminals have their way to crap. Regardless. This has escalated quite quickly. I still cant believe someone had the guts to kill 20 children. Thinking about it just sucks


    Bingo! That’s exactly why gun control never has worked and never will work; it is built upon the crazy premise that someone who has no problem with killing dozens of innocent people will somehow have a problem with breaking the gun control laws. That is exactly why we have had two shootings in “gun free zones” in the last week, all a gun free zone does is ensure that no law-abiding citizen has a gun in that zone. Did the Liberals ever honestly think that one of these shooters would see the sign on the door, “This is a Gun-free zone” and say, “Rats! I guess I can’t bring my gun in there to commit the massacre I had planned!”? Give me a break.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  2. -152
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,755
    vCash:
    7974
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not advocating for any changes, before people think that's what I'm saying, but this has to bring into the spotlight that there is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles all have daily functions that can be logically justified. Assault guns and other automatic weapons have no use for anyone outside of the military and law enforcement. It's something that at least needs to be discussed...
    And if the guy had used a shotgun instead and less people were murdered what do we say then? I know it's a really ed up issue and there might not even be a resolution.



    Quote Quote  

  3. -153
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,865
    vCash:
    3302
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Locke brought up gun-control first, not me. It’s an easy enough argument to win, so I am willing to have it whenever the Liberals want to.
    And despite suggesting that it wasnt time to discuss the subject, youve dug deep and discussed it.

    Again: thanks.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  4. -154
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,787
    vCash:
    4758
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Yes i do agree less guns exposed to our children the better. Just giving an opinion. Theres no denying we need to fix our school security
    This is such an isolated incident that I just don't see the need to change anything. I'd bet this doesn't happen again in our lifetimes. Elementary school security is fine, I think. Access to these guns, though, is the real issue. Your everyday citizen just shouldn't have access to military-grade weapons. Owned legally or not, there is no need from him. I'd also bet this kid stole the gun from someone who owned it legally. Which means if no one is allowed to have them, who would he steal it from...?

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -155
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,787
    vCash:
    4758
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    And if the guy had used a shotgun instead and less people were murdered what do we say then? I know it's a really ed up issue and there might not even be a resolution.
    We all know we're never going to be rid of guns. They have become an American identity. It's the whole cowboy culture. However, if this guy had a shotgun instead of a semi-automatic weapon, would he have been able to kill 20 kids still? Or would he have been limited to maybe a couple before he was taken down? Guns will never go away, but we can limit the ability of people to own the ones that are designed solely for the purpose of killing as many things as possible in a short amount of time...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -156
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This is such an isolated incident that I just don't see the need to change anything. I'd bet this doesn't happen again in our lifetimes. Elementary school security is fine, I think. Access to these guns, though, is the real issue. Your everyday citizen just shouldn't have access to military-grade weapons. Owned legally or not, there is no need from him. I'd also bet this kid stole the gun from someone who owned it legally. Which means if no one is allowed to have them, who would he steal it from...?
    I believe three of the weapons were owned by his mother.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -157
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,627
    vCash:
    3782
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You want to know how this sort of thing happens?

    Have someone unaware of this forum read through these responses by us that are completely devoid of any compassion for any thought that does not match their own.

    I cannot believe what happened to the innocent children today, but I have an unshakable feeling that any and all "fixes" will have the usual effects.

    I honestly feel for those poor families and cannot begin to wonder what I would be like if that happened at my childs school.

    I would love for there to be a HONEST discussion on gun control. The problem is it always happens only without the HONEST part, just a bunch of preconceived notions.

    If some logical step can be taken to curtail a tragedy like this from occurring, reasonable people would be open to discuss it, count me in.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -158
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,755
    vCash:
    7974
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    SMFH on people that scream gun control over this.

    99% of ALL gun owners own them for recreational use, hell I'll go out on a limb and say 99.9% of them do. 1 incident where 1 person went full retard does not change the 99% of people that own guns for the hell of it. I own almost 30 guns. A couple AR15s and AKs but mostly handguns and shotguns. Am I gonna go shoot up a school? no. Will I shoot up some targets on my land? yes.

    So before you go all rioting over gun control, use some sense.
    You act like this is the only time this has ever happened. You even say "1 incident where 1 person....". You can't be serious. And just because you're not insane or a harborer of messed up ideals doesn't mean others are the same.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -159
    Abhenne7's Avatar
    Dolphins4lyfe

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    916
    vCash:
    2653
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    And if the guy had used a shotgun instead and less people were murdered what do we say then? I know it's a really ed up issue and there might not even be a resolution.
    Heres the problem, with the spread a shotgun has, he couldve easily killed all those people bottled up in that small room in 4 or 5 shots. These little kids wouldnt know how to defend themselves. He couldve easily done it with any gun on the market. We arent talking about highschoolers who would try and rush the shooter. Were talking about little kids who..ugh thinking about it disgusts me. This is disgusting. Btw guys. The gun i believe was the mothers. If this is true. Totally irresponsible of her not to have it in a safe.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -160
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,838
    vCash:
    19220
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    Ahhh, so a user-generated website called it a combat shotgun…
    I am at a loss for words. Never talked to someone so pathetic.
    Since its introduction SPAS-12 became a very popular police and specialforces weapon, being versatile, reliable and with good firepower.
    http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/it/franchi-spas-12-e.html
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
  2. 27 dead in ct elementary school shooting
    By Ilovemyfins4eva in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  3. Parents planted drugs on an elementary school volunteer
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  4. Dolphins trade OTA to volunteer at Elementary school
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM
  5. Not it! Mass. elementary school bans tag
    By The_Dark_Knight in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •