Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 313

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

  1. -91
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,257
    vCash:
    1216
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    dude you'RE (see what I did there?) so redneck... yehawww !!!

    welcome to the 1830's !!! I mean 2012...

    When you canít match their argument just call the person names right? Never fails.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    Awsi Dooger's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,373
    vCash:
    8759
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I should just go back and find that post I made a couple of weeks ago and paste it again. Owning a firearm is incomparably ignorant. Mathematically clueless. I'm hard pressed to think of any topic where theory and application are so obscenely divergent.

    Wiping out fellow humans on a daily basis, so we can pretend the firearm is necessary as a protective device. Lovely.

    I wonder how many noises in the night make up for this tragedy in Connecticut? Ever thought about that? People who own guns have to pretend there's danger on every corner. Consequently they invent life threatening situations, like Zimmerman did. There have been countless studies that people who own guns claim a bizarre number of life threatening experiences they've had or they expect to have, compared to people who do not own guns, or compared to base logic. I saw that on this forum years ago, after a high profile gun incident. A sharp football guy with a Keuchenberg avatar claimed his gun had saved him 5 or 6 times. When asked to describe those experiences, they could not have been more vague or weak or frankly laughable. It read like fantasy island.

    As I mentioned two weeks ago, I'm convinced people would come along, if properly educated on the topic. Some NFL players turned in their guns after the incidents of the past two weeks. The number quoted these days is a gun is 43 times more likely to do harm than save you. The roadblock to any type of progress, of course, is too many scared Americans, a ratio that is growing all the time, fed by FOX and colleagues. They actually believe that the government is out to get them, and that anyone who doesn't look like them or think like them is dangerous, and rightfully on the other end of the scope. I don't care if I'm exaggerating for impact, BTW. The other side has disgracefully downplayed for decades and gotten away with it. Just last night I saw Rudy Giuliani, who is reasonable by his party's standards, say on Piers Morgan that it not guns that's the issue, it's human behavior. That type of simplistic claptrap has been trotted out there unchallenged for far too long. Guns kill quickly. Guns kill from a distance. Guns align with impulse rage. Let the people with behavior issues deal with a less convenient and effective method. This topic only peaks when there are bunched high profile episodes. Otherwise we're perfectly content with the 90-odd gun murders per day in this country, as long as they are adequately spaced and relatively quiet.

    My party has been too petrified to lose votes to voice even a fraction of its true opinion, and detail the bottom line on gun use in this country. I'm not sure that isn't more disgusting than anything the right wing has managed on this topic. At least they are true to themselves, trembling in a corner listening for that noise.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,749
    vCash:
    8038
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    When you canít match their argument just call the person names right? Never fails.
    he has no argument. what is there to match?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    Abhenne7's Avatar
    Dolphins4lyfe

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    915
    vCash:
    2583
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Maybe it will be your kids or grandkids who are laying dead next time.
    Or maybe a gun will save their life. Oh and good job directing a post to my kids. Stay classy
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,749
    vCash:
    8038
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I should just go back and find that post I made a couple of weeks ago and paste it again. Owning a firearm is incomparably ignorant. Mathematically clueless. I'm hard pressed to think of any topic where theory and application are so obscenely divergent.

    Wiping out fellow humans on a daily basis, so we can pretend the firearm is necessary as a protective device. Lovely.

    I wonder how many noises in the night make up for this tragedy in Connecticut? Ever thought about that? People who own guns have to pretend there's danger on every corner. Consequently they invent life threatening situations, like Zimmerman did. There have been countless studies that people who own guns claim a bizarre number of life threatening experiences they've had or they expect to have, compared to people who do not own guns, or compared to base logic. I saw that on this forum years ago, after a high profile gun incident. A sharp football guy with a Keuchenberg avatar claimed his gun had saved him 5 or 6 times. When asked to describe those experiences, they could not have been more vague or weak or frankly laughable. It read like fantasy island.

    As I mentioned two weeks ago, I'm convinced people would come along, if properly educated on the topic. Some NFL players turned in their guns after the incidents of the past two weeks. The number quoted these days is a gun is 43 times more likely to do harm than save you. The roadblock to any type of progress, of course, is too many scared Americans, a ratio that is growing all the time, fed by FOX and colleagues. They actually believe that the government is out to get them, and that anyone who doesn't look like them or think like them is dangerous, and rightfully on the other end of the scope. I don't care if I'm exaggerating for impact, BTW. The other side has disgracefully downplayed for decades and gotten away with it. Just last night I saw Rudy Giuliani, who is reasonable by his party's standards, say on Piers Morgan that it not guns that's the issue, it's human behavior. That type of simplistic claptrap has been trotted out there unchallenged for far too long. Guns kill quickly. Guns kill from a distance. Guns align with impulse rage. Let the people with behavior issues deal with a less convenient and effective method. This topic only peaks when there are bunched high profile episodes. Otherwise we're perfectly content with the 90-odd gun murders per day in this country, as long as they are adequately spaced and relatively quiet.

    My party has been too petrified to lose votes to voice even a fraction of its true opinion, and detail the bottom line on gun use in this country. I'm not sure that isn't more disgusting than anything the right wing has managed on this topic. At least they are true to themselves, trembling in a corner listening for that noise.
    /thread
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,471
    vCash:
    6934
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Oh well. I rather live in dangerous freedom than peacefull slavery. You want to take my guns away? Youll have to get past my spas 12 And desert eagle while your at it. Good luck. Restrictions wont happen. There are way to many lobbyists in against any sort of restriction to guns. Criminals will get there hands on guns whether theyre illegal or not just like they do with drugs. You cant stop it. Limiting is not a solution. Its a band-aid. If you dont want to recognize how bad security is in schools fine by me. The doors are open to any sort of attacks and today proved it.
    A Spas 12? Oh you are so manly. Wow. You are also anti-American. It is a foreign made combat shotgun.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,257
    vCash:
    1216
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post


    This always makes me laugh. Your desert eagle spas 12 going to take out an entire SWAT team? Or are you assuming that it's literally going to be me coming in and greco-roman wrestling you for your guns...?
    You are pretty ignorant on this subject aren't you? That's two very different firearms you just morphed into one lol.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,471
    vCash:
    6934
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    When you canít match their argument just call the person names right? Never fails.
    Spoke the dude of pro-life but supports deadly weapons for everybody. You are such a mother-statler.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,576
    vCash:
    1372
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Great way to twist my post so it can favor your agenda. Anyone trys to harm my family and i have those two buddys there to protect them and me. Try to take away my freedoms? Go look at what washington and jefferson did.
    The guy who is suggesting that its the schools fault that this violence occured, not the gun wielding pyscho, and the solution is more guns and security(freedom security!) is accusing others of twisting logic in their favor to fulfill an agenda. Hilarious.

    I know this will be stunning but guess what: we dont live in a free society. You dont have the freedom to do anything you want whenever you want. Even Washington and Jefferson understood that. We live by the social contract called "laws". And when something is extremely dangerous to themselves and others, we add the dangerous items onto the list of laws.

    The fact that your solution to this problem is to throw armed guards at it shows you dont understand the concept of freedom as much as you believe.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Or maybe a gun will save their life. Oh and good job directing a post to my kids. Stay classy

    I find your overall concern for the well being of my family, so you can have your hobby, equally offensive.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
  2. 27 dead in ct elementary school shooting
    By Ilovemyfins4eva in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  3. Parents planted drugs on an elementary school volunteer
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  4. Dolphins trade OTA to volunteer at Elementary school
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM
  5. Not it! Mass. elementary school bans tag
    By The_Dark_Knight in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •