Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee
1. I dont think gun lovers are fugged in the head, well some of them are, but I think something else of them.
Originally Posted by Bumpus
2. Sure. People have injured and killed others with knives. Just not nearly as often as guns for a ton of reasons........
1. Its not real simple to kill someone with a knife.
2. Its very grusome.... not that shooting someone isnt.
3. When a knife attack begins, people who have temporarially lost their senses, can come to their senses and realize they are making a big mistake and therefore not take someone's life.
4. When a person attacks someone with a knife, they are putting themselves at serious risk. If they are not in command, their victim could overpower them and perhaps use that knife on them.
5. You cant kill a lot of people with a knife in a short amount of time.... well I suppose you could, but if you are in a place say like a school..... people arent just going to let you kill a bunch of people with a knife. You will be stopped and you will be severely hurt.
6. Gun violence like these spree killers wont use knives anyway. Not only for reason 5 that I listed, but they arent going to be able to kill themselves with the knife at the end. Well they could, but seeing as they use guns they are most likely too much of a huge ****ing gash to take their own life with a knife. They need that gun to do that.
I could go on, but its pointless. The pro gun arguments that people attempt to use are complete nonsense. They are so off base and so easy to beat with common sense, yet somehow they keep getting recycled. In the end, people like their guns. There are several reasons they do. Most of them I would have to post in the anything goes thread. But, people simply dont want to give up their guns. They are willing to live with the fact that kids will be killed from time to time by whack jobs with guns. They will pretend they arent ok with it, but its all bs they tell themselves to avoid dealing with the fact they dont care. Their guns are more important to them.
The 2nd amendment argument is bs on so many levels.
The protect their home argument is weak and has very little validity.
The protect their family argument is bs. Both of those last two are proven to be faulty logic by mathematics.
The argument about the government somehow coming after them is borderline nut job. Talk about paranoid.
The argument about criminals get guns anyway is weak. True, there would be a black market on guns. People would still die by gunfire. The reality is it would be A LOT less people. Most people would have no idea how to get a gun on the black market. Most people wouldnt try.
The argument that if only the criminals have guns we would all be in extreme danger is weak. We are in much more danger now with more people having guns. Criminals tend to shoot other criminals. Their wars would continue and occasionally innocent people would be struck by crossfire. It would be much more limited though. Also, tough sentences on gun possession would make it easier to get criminals off the street and in prison.
The argument that people who do crazy **** are going to do it some other way is weak. Guns are all too easy. Sure, occasionally someone might learn how to build a bomb to commit some unspeakable act, but it would drastically cut down on these incidents. A lot of these maniacs would wind up blowing themselves up trying to learn how to build the thing.