Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -261
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-2...y-hook-2012-12

this whole thing really makes me sick.

after reading all these stories of the heroes, and watching videos such as the one above, it is just so heartbreaking how something like this can ****ing happen.

i really wish we can bring this ******* back from the dead just so he can be tortured for years so brutally before finally dying. this guy deserves the worst possible treatment any human being can possible endure, yet he not only ****ing has to kill kids who were 6 and 7 years old respectively, he takes the coward way out and shoots himself.

i really hope he is rotting in hell now and will be there for eternity.

the sick part about our society and our judicial system is that if this guy had been arrested and not dead, he prob would have pleaded insane and been let off somehow in this ****ed up judicial system, so i guess in that case its good hes dead so that scenario would never occur.

boy o boy can i go on and on, but ill finish it by saying this. First off adam lanza, u should rot in hell and have the worst possible things happen to u, u ****ing bastard.

more importantly, R.I.P to all the students and teachers who lost their lives in this horrific tragedy, and also may the family and friends of the victims find comfort during these tough times. these people lost their lives way to early.
    Quote Quote  

2. -262
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/12/li...ond-amendment/

When I wrote yesterday about the liberals coming out against guns, I had no idea just how some people would react. What once would have been unthinkable to blast out into public seems to be becoming more normal via things like Twitter and Facebook. Below are a selection of Tweets that are clearly anti-Second Amendment and even calls for the murder of the National Rifle Association President David Keene, along with NRA members.

Isnít that just like liberals? They are ticked off over a shooting that took innocent lives and they turn right around and want to murder innocent people that have done them absolutely no harm!

But that wasnít all. There were cries of those wanting to do away with the Second Amendment and banning the NRA.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -263
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    So should I post the extremists on the other side calling for the assassination of Obama, etc.? The crazies on each side have a voice now thanks to twitter, etc. Don't pretend like it's just one side or an indictment of all on that side.

Quote Quote  

4. -264
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Youre finally correct about something.

This statement is the exact reason they should be banned.

Are they going to do what they do anyway...... not necessarially. Its common sense that in many cases people pull the trigger and quickly regret a poor decision they made in the heat of something. If they did not have a gun, things couldve been different. Its really that simple. Removing guns would save countless lives.

Also, the minute you become in possession of a gun, you have just put yourself at much more risk of being injured or killed by a gun than you previously were. Thats a fact. Its simple math. For some reason, you and many others struggle with this simple concept.

Your gun protects you from basically nothing anyway. There arent many situations in which having that gun in your home is going to help you out. The idea that you are in some kind of danger is for the most part ridiculous.

Fact is, you like so many others just enjoy your guns. You dont care about how many lives are lost, even when its children. Well, perhaps you care, but not enough to get rid of your guns. Your guns are important to you. I could state why, but this isnt the anything goes thread.

There are countless stories of people defending themselves in their own homes with guns. Even children.

[youtube]LhB0G-k3Y2k[/youtube]

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -265
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy was justa puny little split, who was pissed about being a puny little split. Just mean and evil.
    Quote Quote  

6. -266
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All of a sudden the Kellerman study of gun ownership decades ago and refuted countless times is the end all be all voice of the righteous?

Here are some other factors from that very study to consider. It associates risk on a basis of how much more likely a homicide is to occur in a home if some criteria is met.

It associates the ownership of a gun at a risk level of 2.7 meaning in their study of a town a few decades ago you or your family were 2.7 times more likely to become a victim of a homicide if you had a firearm in the house.

Would you like to hear more from this study?

If you RENTED your home your risk almost doubled to a 4.4. Yes renting a home made you more at risk than owning a gun. Illicit drug use more than doubled your chances all the way to 5.7, as would a fight that injured any one in the home, right up to 5.7.

Keep in mind his statistics are completely padded by suicides, that is where the huge number comes from, and I am not going to argue that guns are a preferred method to off yourself, i have no comeback for that, and it is a shame.

Please though, that forty something times more likely number didn't sound even close to being realistic before I looked into it, and less so now.

I am a little tired of arguing this point though, it just seems wrong right now, some are going to go one way, while others go the opposite, but there should be no absolutes, i feel terrible for those people.
    Quote Quote  

7. -267
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I hunt squirrel & rabbit with mine.
    So you are killing for pure pleasure?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

8. -268
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    There is now not just talk of having armed police officers in every school, but redesigning the classrooms to have safe areas and special doors etc....

basically making the schools almost like a prison environment for our children to learn in.

OR....

we could just get rid of guns. Seems like the better solution to me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -269
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    There is now not just talk of having armed police officers in every school, but redesigning the classrooms to have safe areas and special doors etc....

basically making the schools almost like a prison environment for our children to learn in.

OR....

we could just get rid of guns. Seems like the better solution to me.
    And how do you plan to get rid of guns without a civil war????
    Quote Quote  

10. -270
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Then the speed loaders need to be banned too.

A gun doesn't kill, a person pulling its trigger kills. If this guy had a nuclear bomb he would probably use it. Likewise, we need to keep semi's etc out of these peoples hands.

They should be banned out right for new applicants. For existing owners, bring in mandatory testing every 5 years, or whatever makes since, psych test etc. If they don't pass, license is revoked and they have to turn the weapons in with government paying compensation. It might take 50 years to remove a large proportion of semis etc but so what? You have to start somewhere.
    It's posts like this that actually make me regret being on staff here. I can't really utilize the ignore function anymore.

You see, for years it used to be - someone's opinion would annoy me to the point where I'd decide that their opinions were likely to cause ... Well, it doesn't really matter because I'm stuck paying attention to everything the mouth-breathing masses say.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote