Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 32 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 313

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

  1. -1
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

    27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

    More than two dozen people, mostly elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school this morning, federal and state sources tell ABC News.

    The massacre involved two gunmen and prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-d...6#.UMtyQWfsbyI

    Absolutely disgusting. My thoughts are with the families of these kids...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,521
    vCash:
    5032
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope this doesn't devolve into another political ****storm. This is just too ****ed up to even try and explain.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,399
    vCash:
    9942
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't care if it's too soon, it's time to talk about how easy it is for crazy people to obtain guns in this country.





    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1064
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-d...6#.UMtyQWfsbyI

    Absolutely disgusting. My thoughts are with the families of these kids...
    i feel sick to my stomach, i couldnt even imagine the pain these families are dealing with. there has to be reform with our gun laws. it is not ok for someone to be able to shoot 100 rounds in a couple of seconds.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't care if it's too soon, it's time to talk about how easy it is for crazy people to obtain guns in this country.
    I think this might spur some discussion there. Especially with the reelection behind him, Obama has no reason not to bring it up. It's one thing to have adults killed, but knowing that small children were gunned down is going to pull on the heartstrings of millions of Americans.

    The only other thing I'm going to say about this is the ****ing NRA better not show up there and do one of their rallies. They love to show up and do damage control as early as possible when this stuff happens, but this is a situation where it's neither the time nor the place...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i feel sick to my stomach, i couldnt even imagine the pain these families are dealing with. there has to be reform with our gun laws. it is not ok for someone to be able to shoot 100 rounds in a couple of seconds.
    I'm not advocating for any changes, before people think that's what I'm saying, but this has to bring into the spotlight that there is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles all have daily functions that can be logically justified. Assault guns and other automatic weapons have no use for anyone outside of the military and law enforcement. It's something that at least needs to be discussed...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1064
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not advocating for any changes, before people think that's what I'm saying, but this has to bring into the spotlight that there is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles all have daily functions that can be logically justified. Assault guns and other automatic weapons have no use for anyone outside of the military and law enforcement. It's something that at least needs to be discussed...
    trust me man, i agree. i dont own a gun but i think it is perfectly fine to own a hand fun and maybe a rifle. but when you get to the point where you have assault rifles, machine guns, body armour, etc, that is just way too much and something has to change.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about we let the tragedy of this settle in before we go all knee jerk gun control? It's disrespectful to the ones lost and the debate will go nowhere as long as passions are inflamed.
    And who said anything about 100 round assault rifles? The only report of a weapon i have seen said that one of the guns was a .223, but didn't specify if it was a singgle shot or semi-automatic.
    Let's calm down and get all the facts before we try and take everyones multi shot weapons away.

    Oh yeah, and say a prayer for all the kids and their families....especially the one of the 20 yr old guy that did this



    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,608
    vCash:
    2867
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just heard on the radio that the shooter's mother was a teacher at the school, and she was found dead in her home. Looks like the shooter was 20 years old, killed his mom, then shot up the school she taught at. I'm not sure my faith in humanity could get any lower...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1064
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    How about we let the tragedy of this settle in before we go all knee jerk gun control? It's disrespectful to the ones lost and the debate will go nowhere as long as passions are inflamed.
    And who said anything about 100 round assault rifles? The only report of a weapon i have seen said that one of the guns was a .223, but didn't specify if it was a singgle shot or semi-automatic.
    Let's calm down and get all the facts before we try and take everyones multi shot weapons away.

    Oh yeah, and say a prayer for all the kids and their families....especially the one of the 20 yr old guy that did this
    its settled in with me now, i guess im a fast learner. in all honesty, this is the same bs i hear after everyone of these shootings. "nows not the time", "guns dont kill people, people kill people", when is the time to have a serious discussion?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
  2. 27 dead in ct elementary school shooting
    By Ilovemyfins4eva in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  3. Parents planted drugs on an elementary school volunteer
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  4. Dolphins trade OTA to volunteer at Elementary school
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM
  5. Not it! Mass. elementary school bans tag
    By The_Dark_Knight in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •