Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 32 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -1
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

More than two dozen people, mostly elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school this morning, federal and state sources tell ABC News.

The massacre involved two gunmen and prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-d...6#.UMtyQWfsbyI

Absolutely disgusting. My thoughts are with the families of these kids...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope this doesn't devolve into another political ****storm. This is just too ****ed up to even try and explain.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't care if it's too soon, it's time to talk about how easy it is for crazy people to obtain guns in this country.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-d...6#.UMtyQWfsbyI

Absolutely disgusting. My thoughts are with the families of these kids...
    i feel sick to my stomach, i couldnt even imagine the pain these families are dealing with. there has to be reform with our gun laws. it is not ok for someone to be able to shoot 100 rounds in a couple of seconds.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't care if it's too soon, it's time to talk about how easy it is for crazy people to obtain guns in this country.
    I think this might spur some discussion there. Especially with the reelection behind him, Obama has no reason not to bring it up. It's one thing to have adults killed, but knowing that small children were gunned down is going to pull on the heartstrings of millions of Americans.

The only other thing I'm going to say about this is the ****ing NRA better not show up there and do one of their rallies. They love to show up and do damage control as early as possible when this stuff happens, but this is a situation where it's neither the time nor the place...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i feel sick to my stomach, i couldnt even imagine the pain these families are dealing with. there has to be reform with our gun laws. it is not ok for someone to be able to shoot 100 rounds in a couple of seconds.
    I'm not advocating for any changes, before people think that's what I'm saying, but this has to bring into the spotlight that there is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles all have daily functions that can be logically justified. Assault guns and other automatic weapons have no use for anyone outside of the military and law enforcement. It's something that at least needs to be discussed...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not advocating for any changes, before people think that's what I'm saying, but this has to bring into the spotlight that there is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles all have daily functions that can be logically justified. Assault guns and other automatic weapons have no use for anyone outside of the military and law enforcement. It's something that at least needs to be discussed...
    trust me man, i agree. i dont own a gun but i think it is perfectly fine to own a hand fun and maybe a rifle. but when you get to the point where you have assault rifles, machine guns, body armour, etc, that is just way too much and something has to change.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about we let the tragedy of this settle in before we go all knee jerk gun control? It's disrespectful to the ones lost and the debate will go nowhere as long as passions are inflamed.
    And who said anything about 100 round assault rifles? The only report of a weapon i have seen said that one of the guns was a .223, but didn't specify if it was a singgle shot or semi-automatic.
    Let's calm down and get all the facts before we try and take everyones multi shot weapons away.

Oh yeah, and say a prayer for all the kids and their families....especially the one of the 20 yr old guy that did this

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just heard on the radio that the shooter's mother was a teacher at the school, and she was found dead in her home. Looks like the shooter was 20 years old, killed his mom, then shot up the school she taught at. I'm not sure my faith in humanity could get any lower...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    How about we let the tragedy of this settle in before we go all knee jerk gun control? It's disrespectful to the ones lost and the debate will go nowhere as long as passions are inflamed.
    And who said anything about 100 round assault rifles? The only report of a weapon i have seen said that one of the guns was a .223, but didn't specify if it was a singgle shot or semi-automatic.
    Let's calm down and get all the facts before we try and take everyones multi shot weapons away.

Oh yeah, and say a prayer for all the kids and their families....especially the one of the 20 yr old guy that did this
    its settled in with me now, i guess im a fast learner. in all honesty, this is the same bs i hear after everyone of these shootings. "nows not the time", "guns dont kill people, people kill people", when is the time to have a serious discussion?
    Quote Quote