Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -301
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

My heart goes out to everyone affected by such a senseless tragedy... All those affected are in my prayers. I've tried to avoid a lot of the coverage, as watching anything relating to what happened at that school doesn't take long to drive me to tears. I was reading about some of the victims, and it's just heart-wrenching. Acoording to her son-in-law, Mary Scherlach, the school psychologist who died, was a huge Fins fan... I'm glad we were able to get her a win today. I hope she watched and enjoyed it with us. God bless you and all of the victims, Mary.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -302
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    So, as I've asked earlier - What's your plan to remove ALL firearms from the country?

I'm waiting ...

Yep. Thought so.

- If someone can break into my home - I'm defending myself.

- If I decide to head out to the woods and enjoy nature, then harvest an animal - I'm doing it.

Why is that a problem for people?

How is the reality of our world that elusive?

If you could wave a wand right now that would magically remove all guns ... I'd be able to deal with it. But since that can't be done, I believe I'll just hang on to my guns.

I'll defend my right to do so, both with my voice and my letters.

YMMV.

Bottom line: These situations are the acts of crazy people. You simply can't out-legislate crazy.

liberals and conservatives have the same dillusional opinions. social conservatives, no matter what you do, youwill never be able to deport 14 million illegals. liberals, no matter what you do, you will never be able to collect 100 million guns. there has to be a SENSIBLE alternative.

remember, countries with strict gun laws have recently had massacres on par with the latest ones. that doesnt mean we do nothing pertaining to mental health and stricter gun laws, but its important to not point fingers and try to find common ground. personally, i would rather lose a little more of my freedoms and money, than to have to see a situation like this ever again.
    Quote Quote  

3. -303
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reading through the posts, i see a theme developing. The characters that decried the US for not supporting a UN treaty modeled after our own ADA laws are the same one crying for a new weapons ban. They acknowledge it won't do anything, but apparently the symbolism will stop a deranged psycopath from going off, or at least mollify their consciousness.

Lets be clear.....any law that takes a legal weapon from a legal owner is not going to be symbolic. And since everyone acknowledges that a total arms ban is not feasible and nothing short of one will reduce the odds of these monstrous acts it's all pissing in the wind.

Until someone comes up with something better than taking away all the guns, people should be allowed to have the same types of weapons the police carry, but not military. (I know how to build a grenade launcher and a flamethrower if anyone wants to know though) Maybe we should find a better way to deal with the criminals....stop treating the symptoms and go after the disease

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -304
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Reading through the posts, i see a theme developing. The characters that decried the US for not supporting a UN treaty modeled after our own ADA laws are the same one crying for a new weapons ban. They acknowledge it won't do anything, but apparently the symbolism will stop a deranged psycopath from going off, or at least mollify their consciousness.

Lets be clear.....any law that takes a legal weapon from a legal owner is not going to be symbolic. And since everyone acknowledges that a total arms ban is not feasible and nothing short of one will reduce the odds of these monstrous acts it's all pissing in the wind.

Until someone comes up with something better than taking away all the guns, people should be allowed to have the same types of weapons the police carry, but not military. (I know how to build a grenade launcher and a flamethrower if anyone wants to know though) Maybe we should find a better way to deal with the criminals....stop treating the symptoms and go after the disease
    Hilarious mischaracterization of the situation. One i have little doubt was intentional.

Most of us recognize that our politicians wont have the balls to stand up to the interest groups in Washington. That has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a weapons ban(which would at the very least succeed in limiting those who desire weapons for sinister purposes from acquiring weapons in the future, and give our law enforcement opportunity to catch said sinister individuals before they can commit crimes). Recognizing our politicians as too corrupt to do the right thing is not the same as admitting the right thing isnt worth pursuing. Its a realistic expectation of the world around us. Thats it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -305
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Hilarious mischaracterization of the situation. One i have little doubt was intentional.

Most of us recognize that our politicians wont have the balls to stand up to the interest groups in Washington. That has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a weapons ban(which would at the very least succeed in limiting those who desire weapons for sinister purposes from acquiring weapons in the future, and give our law enforcement opportunity to catch said sinister individuals before they can commit crimes). Recognizing our politicians as too corrupt to do the right thing is not the same as admitting the right thing isnt worth pursuing. Its a realistic expectation of the world around us. Thats it.
    Did the last assault weapons bill accomplish anything? What would make a new one any different?
    Quote Quote  

6. -306
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Pretty ****ed up read on the asshat in question:

http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-...#ixzz2FRTv1sXp

The drug he was prescribed is called Fanapt - occasionally it induces rather than inhibits psychosis and aggressive behavior.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

7. -307
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i really hope this ****ing ******* douchebag ****er does not get laid to rest.

they should light his body on fire, cut it up, and whatever if left just throw it in the ocean or let a bunch of wild animals eat it. this pig does not deserve to be laid to rest like human beings are when they pass.

i really hope that there is a hell afterlife, because this guy will be spending his time there forever if there is.

**** u adam lanza,u dirtbag.
    Quote Quote  

8. -308
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

The drug he was prescribed is called Fanapt - occasionally it induces rather than inhibits psychosis and aggressive behavior.

Fanapt is a type of prescription medicine used for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
    http://www.fanapt.com/info/about-fan...76937017486013

And this, my friends, is why I do what I do. Called this the day it happened...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -309
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

Definitely the kind of guy you want not only having access to guns, but given plenty of practice using them. Mom of the year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

10. -310
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

FYI before the call to ban fanapt, NYDN has removed fanapt reference from their article.

UPDATE: Since the publishing of this article, New York Daily News has removed the reference, the originator of the quote from Lanza's "uncle," because they believed him to be an "imposter."
    Quote Quote