Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -31
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-d...6#.UMtyQWfsbyI

Absolutely disgusting. My thoughts are with the families of these kids...
    Holy crap. I read there was a shooting this morning but clicked off it when they indicated the shooters had been stopped, suggesting only 2 casualties.

Must have checked before all the information was available. Insane.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    as the op said he did not want to turn this into a debate about gun control, and i understand that a regular civilian does not need semi automatic machine guns, etc in there homes, but the truth is i do not believe that something like this can be prevented from someone so possessed, unless its through tighter security, etc.

evil people will always find ways to do evil crimes, whether we outlaw certain types of weapons or not. most of society fortunately is not like this, but for the evil people that are, they will always find a way to commit there act.

yes outlawing certain types of weapons would make it harder, but unfortunately i do not believe there are anyways to '' eliminate'' the use of these weapons.
    Who here is talking in absolutes? The debate is not about "perfect gun control". Clearly, more gun control is the solution.

To all who say that gun control is not the solution... A
    ren't we told that we have to do what is in our control? Can someone predict when someone will become a psycho/insane and go on a shooting spree like this?

Say, someone is behaving odd and needs counseling. Can everyone in America afford costs for counseling? Can everyone in America afford sending children only to nice schools. Is it possible to have ideal marriages everywhere with ideal incomes so that kids/people always get decent education and don't go awry like this?
    Now the question for all the people who think that gun control is not the way to go. Are any of the above possible? Are they all in our control????????

Now, guess what IS in our control? Gun control is. MOST CERTAINLY.
    At a minimum, it will reduce the chances of so many people getting killed. Before arguing against gun control, imagine how you would feel if something like this would have happened to your family member. (God forbid it won't happen. I am just saying this for an example.) At that point, would you still argue against gun control?Hope, your brains start working at some point in the near future.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    My first is due any day now (please not on Christmas!), and he will not be going to school in the U.S. unless I can afford a top end private school, and even then it's unlikely. We have the benefit of my wife being Canadian though, so we can get a private school level education at a public school, and do so without nearly as much risk of somebody massacring a bunch of kids.
    You're very lucky, my friend. The Canadian education system is top notch. I wouldn't think twice about sending my kids to a school in Montreal, and enjoying the rest of the city the adult way...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're very lucky, my friend. The Canadian education system is top notch. I wouldn't think twice about sending my kids to a school in Montreal, and enjoying the rest of the city the adult way...
    Montreal is an amazing city.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Who here is talking in absolutes? The debate is not about "perfect gun control". Clearly, more gun control is the solution.

To all who say that gun control is not the solution... A
    ren't we told that we have to do what is in our control? Can someone predict when someone will become a psycho/insane and go on a shooting spree like this?

Say, someone is behaving odd and needs counseling. Can everyone in America afford costs for counseling? Can everyone in America afford sending children only to nice schools. Is it possible to have ideal marriages everywhere with ideal incomes so that kids/people always get decent education and don't go awry like this?
    Now the question for all the people who think that gun control is not the way to go. Are any of the above possible? Are they all in our control????????

Now, guess what IS in our control? Gun control is. MOST CERTAINLY.
    At a minimum, it will reduce the chances of so many people getting killed. Before arguing against gun control, imagine how you would feel if something like this would have happened to your family member. (God forbid it won't happen. I am just saying this for an example.) At that point, would you still argue against gun control?Hope, your brains start working at some point in the near future.
    I'd grab my gun and kill the motherer.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    SMFH on people that scream gun control over this.

99% of ALL gun owners own them for recreational use, hell I'll go out on a limb and say 99.9% of them do. 1 incident where 1 person went full retard does not change the 99% of people that own guns for the hell of it. I own almost 30 guns. A couple AR15s and AKs but mostly handguns and shotguns. Am I gonna go shoot up a school? no. Will I shoot up some targets on my land? yes.

So before you go all rioting over gun control, use some sense.
    im in the same boat as u man. i own a decent amount of guns as well, and i would never even think about doing something on a magnitude like this, heck i would be hesitant to shoot someone who was a threat to me until i absolutely had to act.

this is 1 sicko ( yes this has been happening frequently sadly more recently) who decided to commit a horrible act like this. the majority of society would never do something like this.

also, as i stated in another post, evil people will always find away to commit evil acts. there are tons of things that are illegal in this country, yet people find ways to get there hands on it. unfortunately no law will most likely be able to stop an event like this. it can make it harder to commit possibly, but i do not know if anything can be done to prevent something like this, unless security is heightened around all schools, and unfortunately that is unrealistic.

this is just an unspeakable tragedy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

99% of ALL gun owners own them for recreational use, hell I'll go out on a limb and say 99.9% of them do. 1 incident where 1 person went full retard does not change the 99% of people that own guns for the hell of it. I own almost 30 guns. A couple AR15s and AKs but mostly handguns and shotguns. Am I gonna go shoot up a school? no. Will I shoot up some targets on my land? yes.

Actually, 7 incidents at schools alone this year so far. But clearly there's no issue here. Totally normal. And let's face it, the biggest threats in schools are homosexual teachers and evolution.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Montreal is an amazing city.
    I was there a few years ago. The night life was seriously the best I've ever experienced. In general, Canadians are much friendlier than your average American, which led to me having the kind of success with some ladies there that I never had here. Of course I'm married now, but I still wouldn't mind living there still. Apparently it's tough to immigrate to Canada these days though...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    as the op said he did not want to turn this into a debate about gun control, and i understand that a regular civilian does not need semi automatic machine guns, etc in there homes, but the truth is i do not believe that something like this can be prevented from someone so possessed, unless its through tighter security, etc.

evil people will always find ways to do evil crimes, whether we outlaw certain types of weapons or not. most of society fortunately is not like this, but for the evil people that are, they will always find a way to commit there act.

yes outlawing certain types of weapons would make it harder, but unfortunately i do not believe there are anyways to '' eliminate'' the use of these weapons.
    I dont think a single person is suggesting removing guns prevents killings. I really hate that straw man argument.

What people are saying is shooting 30 rounds into a crowd kills more than shooting 1 round into a crowd. When tragedy is unavoidable its our responsibility as civilized beings to limited the damage.

And i agree with the others in this thread. Whenever there is a shooting people rush forward to say "its to early to talk about it". Its become a tired tune. Its especially insulting when you consider how quickly Benghazi got politicized.
    Gun control is something our nation needs to talk about. If we listen to the gun lobbyist, the right time is never. These tragedies keep occuring and we keep putting off the debate. Lets figure this out. Now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Actually, 7 incidents at schools alone this year so far. But clearly there's no issue here. Totally normal. And let's face it, the biggest threats in schools are homosexual teachers and evolution.
    There is an issue here.

People are ing crazy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

what sense? the fact that 20 children will not be going home because they are laying dead in a school right now? the fact that thousands of people lives are ruined forever because some crazy narcissitic punk decided he was upset with the world and wanted to take some children with him? i dont care if almost all gun owners are responsible, there needs to be a stop to people buying guns that use 100's of rounds at a time. why do you need to shoot a gun with that many bullets? are you that bad of a shot? i would rather hurt your fragile ego, then to have to deal with my daughters coming accross a reject like this.

you only care about yourself and your stupid hobby, i hope you enjoy shooting your machine gun, because 20 kids are dead because of it.
    Quote Quote