Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Although I certainly appreciate and understand your passion as I want to protect my children as well, you can take a look at my post a few pages back and see that it appears this jerk used guns that were illegal for him to buy in the first place. He was OK with killing a bunch of unarmed teachers and kids, do you think that he was worried about doing it with a legal weapon? Gun laws don't work on anyone but the lawful and don't benefit anyone but the unlawful.
    doesnt matter, there are still too many of them and they are too easy to get. somebody bought that gun legally at one time. guns like that shouldnt be mass produced, except for the military/law enforcement.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    doesnt matter, there are still too many of them and they are too easy to get. somebody bought that gun legally at one time. guns like that shouldnt be mass produced, except for the military/law enforcement.
    Spoons make people fat.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I dont think a single person is suggesting removing guns prevents killings. I really hate that straw man argument.

What people are saying is shooting 30 rounds into a crowd kills more than shooting 1 round into a crowd. When tragedy is unavoidable its our responsibility as civilized beings to limited the damage.

And i agree with the others in this thread. Whenever there is a shooting people rush forward to say "its to early to talk about it". Its become a tired tune. Its especially insulting when you consider how quickly Benghazi got politicized.
    Gun control is something our nation needs to talk about. If we listen to the gun lobbyist, the right time is never. These tragedies keep occuring and we keep putting off the debate. Lets figure this out. Now.
    i agree we deff need to figure something out as a country because these type of incidents are contionuosuly happening, whether its in a school like today, the movie theathre incident in aurora, or in a mall, such as yesterday in oregon, etc.

However, i just do not know how we can actually prevent this even if we do outlaw certain type of weapons. these type of people will always find ways to gain access to these types of weapons whether its legal or not.

i agree that a normal citizen does not need an automatic assualt rifle, unless they are in the army or a police officer, swat team, etc, but what that really prevent this type of act? would this guy not have been able to obtain this type of weapon on the black market?

its just such a shame that people in society are so screwed up, that they would go to these types of lengths and kill 5-10 year old children who could not have possibly wronged anyone in anyway shape or form. they are to ing young. also, to ing kill ur mother who is the only reason u r even in this world to begin with is just sickening.

i really hope as u said as a nation we can come together and find a way to stop this craziness, but unfortunately imo, i just do not see it being possible. we can deff try and make certain laws to try and prevent an act like this, but unfortunately this will prob not be the last time we hear of something like this. there will always be evil people.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    That's a hard job. Congrats on doing it well.
    Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    it seems ass-backwards to me that, just because 99% of people who own guns don't snap and kill, it justifies the 1% who do snap and go on murdering sprees. I wish the government would focus the same energy on the gun control war that they expend on the drug war. 220 year old amendment is old.
    never said it justifies the 1% who do snap and go on murdering sprees. i agree that govt should try and put more energy into the gun control war, but it is very hard to prevent these sickos from obtaining these weapons, even if outlawed. there is always the black market if they really wanted to gain access to these weapons.

sadly, this will prob not be the last time we have a tragedy like this.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not going to get drawn into this gun debate, but i want people to think long and hard about this....

1. The school is a guns free zone. Legally, no guns allowed on school grounds. The law was there, so what was the problem?

2. Tim McVeigh and his buddies killed a bunch of people and didnt use a gun or a bullet. He did use legal substances to make an illegal bomb....what law would have stopped him?

Can we please focus on how to get help to guys like Lanza BEFORE they go off the deep end? No law was going to stop him today, and i gaurantee you if he didnt have a gun, he would have still found a way to hurt people.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have endured far to many of these mass shootings and this is by far the worst. I am very disturbed by the realization that not even our kindergartners are safe. Enough is enough and the ease that people can acquire guns has got to be resolved. Obviously cooler heads must prevail but the forefathers could have never imagined the right to bear arms could become this chaotic. I certainly hope the leaders of this country start discussing hope to gain control of an issue that has spiraled way out of control.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    im in the same boat as u man. i own a decent amount of guns as well, and i would never even think about doing something on a magnitude like this, heck i would be hesitant to shoot someone who was a threat to me until i absolutely had to act.

this is 1 sicko ( yes this has been happening frequently sadly more recently) who decided to commit a horrible act like this. the majority of society would never do something like this.

also, as i stated in another post, evil people will always find away to commit evil acts. there are tons of things that are illegal in this country, yet people find ways to get there hands on it. unfortunately no law will most likely be able to stop an event like this. it can make it harder to commit possibly, but i do not know if anything can be done to prevent something like this, unless security is heightened around all schools, and unfortunately that is unrealistic.

this is just an unspeakable tragedy.
    I own a gun for precisely this reason. That and I enjoy going to the range from time to time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I'm not going to get drawn into this gun debate, but i want people to think long and hard about this....

1. The school is a guns free zone. Legally, no guns allowed on school grounds. The law was there, so what was the problem?

2. Tim McVeigh and his buddies killed a bunch of people and didnt use a gun or a bullet. He did use legal substances to make an illegal bomb....what law would have stopped him?

Can we please focus on how to get help to guys like Lanza BEFORE they go off the deep end? No law was going to stop him today, and i gaurantee you if he didnt have a gun, he would have still found a way to hurt people.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    We can multitask. Make it more difficult for people like him to get guns AND work on identifying and treating those that may go down this path. We haven't taken steps to do either. Status quo.

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i agree we deff need to figure something out as a country because these type of incidents are contionuosuly happening, whether its in a school like today, the movie theathre incident in aurora, or in a mall, such as yesterday in oregon, etc.

However, i just do not know how we can actually prevent this even if we do outlaw certain type of weapons. these type of people will always find ways to gain access to these types of weapons whether its legal or not.

i agree that a normal citizen does not need an automatic assualt rifle, unless they are in the army or a police officer, swat team, etc, but what that really prevent this type of act? would this guy not have been able to obtain this type of weapon on the black market?

its just such a shame that people in society are so screwed up, that they would go to these types of lengths and kill 5-10 year old children who could not have possibly wronged anyone in anyway shape or form. they are to ing young. also, to ing kill ur mother who is the only reason u r even in this world to begin with is just sickening.

i really hope as u said as a nation we can come together and find a way to stop this craziness, but unfortunately imo, i just do not see it being possible. we can deff try and make certain laws to try and prevent an act like this, but unfortunately this will prob not be the last time we hear of something like this. there will always be evil people.
    I would hope that most of these psycho dont have access to the black market. Heck, id hope the black market isnt accessable to people in general.

There will always been people that find ways to gain access to these types of weapons. But that doesnt mean we should make it easy for them. Explosives easy to acquire(make) and do just as much damage, but we outlaw those and, by and large, they arent used in cases like this. One of the reasons why is because guns are also easy to acquire but also legal....giving those that want to inflict harm less chances of preemptive discovery.

Again, preventing this type of crime isnt the goal. Violence will happen, we have no control over that. But limiting casualties can and should be achieved. Guns that have a logical and pratical use should stay. Handguns have a place in self defense, rifles and shotguns have their place in sport and hunting. But assault rifles and handguns that can fire 33 bullets a clip(as with the Gifford shooting) have no place on American soil. Like explosives, they can cause to much collateral damage and can be to easily abused.

If a shooting is going to happen, id rather the casualties be in the single digits and not the double or triple. If people have sinister motives and are actively attempting to gain weapons that can produce huge amounts of casualties, id perfer to make it as difficult as humanly possible for them to get those weapons. Not to mention making them risk being discovered and stopped before hand.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote