Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -71
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    This is truly sad at so many magnitudes. I always knew security at schools was utter sh**. We need real police officers inside the schools at all time. Not civilians who half the time are in the golf carts chatting with each other. I walked into my elementary the other day to meet up some of my professors and i was surprised how nobody asked me who i was or took me to the office to register. These type of events should never happen on school grounds. The lack of security on school grounds is astonishing. Its easy to blame the shooter or the "gun" but were was security? Totally unacceptable
    There should never be armed security guards in an elementary school. Ever. Absolutely ridiculous...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    There should never be armed security guards in an elementary school. Ever. Absolutely ridiculous...
    Todays incident disproves your post to the fullest
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Im out. and for those who think this only applied to old times. Go find out why Cubans and the russians for some time could not overthrow nor fight their government back. When our guns are taken away,thats when our freedom will be in danger
    Right. What are you going to do with any gun (automatic or semi-automatic) against F16s, B52s, Tanks, Blackhawks and drones??? This entire 'my freedom' argument is such a BS.
    It was a good law over 200 years ago but times have changed.

This is truly sad at so many magnitudes. I always knew security at schools was utter sh**. We need real police officers inside the schools at all time. Not civilians who half the time are in the golf carts chatting with each other. I walked into my elementary the other day to meet up some of my professors and i was surprised how nobody asked me who i was or took me to the office to register. These type of events should never happen on school grounds. The lack of security on school grounds is astonishing. Its easy to blame the shooter or the "gun" but were was security? Totally unacceptable
    You know what is unacceptable? That we have to have security in the first place. I didn't have security when I went to school. Maybe a little school person provided security. But a police officer? Yeah, your freedom at work: police officers at school. Let's not blame the shooter or guns.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A glock, a sig sauer and a Bushmaster. He killed his mom and dad as well as all those kids, his girlfriend is apparently missing. There are no words to adequately describe the horror of this massacre. God only knows what we'll find out in the next few days.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Right. What are you going to do with any gun (automatic or semi-automatic) against F16s, B52s, Tanks, Blackhawks and drones??? This entire 'my freedom' argument is such a BS.
    It was a good law over 200 years ago but times have changed.

You know what is unacceptable? That we have to have security in the first place. I didn't have security when I went to school. Maybe a little school person provided security. But a police officer? Yeah, your freedom at work: police officers at school. Let's not blame the shooter or guns.
    times change and you prove my post. When i was a child we didnt have these types of incidents in schools. Gun laws were present. Theyve arose the last few years. People are the problem. Not the guns. Parents letting their children play call of duty at the age of 5 are the problem. I wasnt allowed to watch anaconda till i was 10 or 12 and little kids now a doys are talking about tits, ass, and dick like nothing. I know, i volunteered to tutor at an elementary. Security is now needed and you cant change that. Its time for real security
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    How about we let the tragedy of this settle in before we go all knee jerk gun control? It's disrespectful to the ones lost and the debate will go nowhere as long as passions are inflamed.
    And who said anything about 100 round assault rifles? The only report of a weapon i have seen said that one of the guns was a .223, but didn't specify if it was a singgle shot or semi-automatic.
    Let's calm down and get all the facts before we try and take everyones multi shot weapons away.

Oh yeah, and say a prayer for all the kids and their families....especially the one of the 20 yr old guy that did this

When people stop saying prayers and actually do rational things like completely reform the gun laws in this country, we may actually see less of these horrible incidents and less to have to pray about.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Todays incident disproves your post to the fullest
    Only in your mind. This incident also "proves" that no one but police and military should have guns. You're taking a subjective thought and trying to present it as fact. I won't even begin to go into why this is a stupid idea except to point out that your solution is to bring even MORE guns into the place where everyone's kids go to school. Ridiculous...

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    A glock, a sig sauer and a Bushmaster. He killed his mom and dad as well as all those kids, his girlfriend is apparently missing. There are no words to adequately describe the horror of this massacre. God only knows what we'll find out in the next few days.
    He'll have a mental illness. I can guarantee that. Probably paranoid schizophrenia, but also possibly Bipolar disorder, or maybe even both...
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    times change and you prove my post. When i was a child we didnt have these types of incidents in schools. Gun laws were present. Theyve arose the last few years. People are the problem. Not the guns. Parents letting their children play call of duty at the age of 5 are the problem. I wasnt allowed to watch anaconda till i was 10. Security is now needed and you cant change that. Its time for real security
    Times have changed? Really?
    Maybe it's time to change the gun laws. I own a gun too. But I don't see the need for owning automatic, semi-automatic or an arsenal of weapons and the unlimited ability to just buy ammunition without check like tomorrow is war. What has also changed over the last 20 years is the access to such weapons and ammunition. It is much easier today to go buy any gun and ammunition without limits.

Who is going to pay for all these extra police officers? The money must come from somewhere? Government? And where do you position them? In every hallway? Want to fortify our schools like prisons? Make it a police state and start searching every student, every parent and every teacher, every supplier?
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Only in your mind. This incident also "proves" that no one but police and military should have guns. You're taking a subjective thought and trying to present it as fact. I won't even begin to go into why this is a stupid idea except to point out that your solution is to bring even MORE guns into the place where everyone's kids go to school. Ridiculous...
    he's a chad henne fan... you'll never be able to talk sense into him

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Times have changed? Really?
    Maybe it's time to change the gun laws. I own a gun too. But I don't see the need for owning automatic, semi-automatic or an arsenal of weapons and the unlimited ability to just buy ammunition without check like tomorrow is war. What has also changed over the last 20 years is the access to such weapons and ammunition. It is much easier today to go buy any gun and ammunition without limits.

Who is going to pay for all these extra police officers? The money must come from somewhere? Government? And where do you position them? In every hallway? Want to fortify our schools like prisons? Make it a police state and start searching every student, every parent and every teacher, every supplier?
    precisely! Times have changed which means we should seriously reexamine a 220 year old constitutional amendment.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    When people stop saying prayers and actually do rational things like completely reform the gun laws in this country, we may actually see less of these horrible incidents and less to have to pray about.
    Maybe a little prayer and reflection would stop things like this too. Maybe a realization that we are not the center of the universe, or the only bearers or pain and sadness.

But hey Hell, let's blame the guns. It's always easier than being personally responsible.

You don't wanna pray, nobodys making you. You wanna howl at the moon feel free. But for now, things are what they are, and no measure of cynicism or caterwauling changes that this deranged young man devestated a whole community and shocked a nation....and for what? Do you know? I sure dont. Lets see what his motives were, because we damn sure know the results
    Quote Quote