Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

1. -81
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

27 dead, including 18 kids, in CT elementary school shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    This is truly sad at so many magnitudes. I always knew security at schools was utter sh**. We need real police officers inside the schools at all time. Not civilians who half the time are in the golf carts chatting with each other. I walked into my elementary the other day to meet up some of my professors and i was surprised how nobody asked me who i was or took me to the office to register. These type of events should never happen on school grounds. The lack of security on school grounds is astonishing. Its easy to blame the shooter or the "gun" but were was security? Totally unacceptable
    But but but we spend too much money on education and not receiving value for money. Maybe it's because we have a nice chunk of those funds going into security because of the bull fact there is no gun control.

Am I saying this will prevent all shootings? No, I am not. However, I believe it will reduce the frequency of occurrences and the amount of people killed in each incident.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Only in your mind. This incident also "proves" that no one but police and military should have guns. You're taking a subjective thought and trying to present it as fact. I won't even begin to go into why this is a stupid idea except to point out that your solution is to bring even MORE guns into the place where everyone's kids go to school. Ridiculous...

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

He'll have a mental illness. I can guarantee that. Probably paranoid schizophrenia, but also possibly Bipolar disorder, or maybe even both...

Ive already seen one report that his brother said he was mentally challenged. I'll take that for what its worth right now, but im scared to find out what this kids background was. No telling what was in that head.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    The news reports that I'm listening too are stating he had semi automatics. Automatics/ semi automatics should be banned. Period. Here you are, the god worshiper, and you seem to have no issue with guns polluting the streets. Your posts are so out there it's frightening.

You really think the only reason he was able to kill 20 5 year old children was because he possessed a semi-automatic weapon? That’s insane, the guy could have done this with anything, they’re five year old children! I guarantee the killer watch violent movies and played violent video games, should we ban those as well? You are also conveniently ignoring my other question, how is it that a shooting occurred in a “gun free zone” twice in a week? I thought your gun control ideas were supposed to prevent this sort of thing, what happened?

Nothing says Jesus like semi-automatic weapons in every Christian's hands. Am I right...?

Are you really trying to suggest that there is something inherently evil about a piece of metal and plastic Bob Costas Jr.? My guns will never kill an innocent person.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh well. I rather live in dangerous freedom than peacefull slavery. You want to take my guns away? Youll have to get past my spas 12 And desert eagle while your at it. Good luck. Restrictions wont happen. There are way to many lobbyists in against any sort of restriction to guns. Criminals will get there hands on guns whether theyre illegal or not just like they do with drugs. You cant stop it. Limiting is not a solution. Its a band-aid. If you dont want to recognize how bad security is in schools fine by me. The doors are open to any sort of attacks and today proved it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh well. I rather live in dangerous freedom than peacefull slavery. You want to take my guns away? Youll have to get past my spas 12 And desert eagle while your at it. Good luck. Restrictions wont happen. There are way to many lobbyists in against any sort of restriction to guns. Criminals will get there hands on guns whether theyre illegal or not just like they do with drugs. You cant stop it. Limiting is not a solution. Its a band-aid. If you dont want to recognize how bad security is in schools fine by me. The doors are open to any sort of attacks and today proved it.
    Great way to present your argument that gun laws arent necessary, threaten people with violence.

edit: i did laugh at your reasoning though. Movie theaters and malls have been shot up lately also. I suppose your solution is to post security there also. To protect freedom we must put security everywhere!!!! No big brother there.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dude you'RE (see what I did there?) so redneck... yehawww !!!

welcome to the 1830's !!! I mean 2012...
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

This always makes me laugh. Your desert eagle spas 12 going to take out an entire SWAT team? Or are you assuming that it's literally going to be me coming in and greco-roman wrestling you for your guns...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

Maybe it will be your kids or grandkids who are laying dead next time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Great way to present your argument that gun laws arent necessary, threaten people with violence.
    Great way to twist my post so it can favor your agenda. Anyone trys to harm my family and i have those two buddys there to protect them and me. Try to take away my freedoms? Go look at what washington and jefferson did.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

This always makes me laugh. Your desert eagle spas 12 going to take out an entire SWAT team? Or are you assuming that it's literally going to be me coming in and greco-roman wrestling you for your guns...?
    Ill go with you, I'm tall and lean so I won't be very good at wrestling him.
    Quote Quote