Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Huckabee - CT school shooting due to God being removed from schools

1. -21
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Yes. He proved my point, less than 30 people killed I'm 30 years. People killed in the Co mad CT murders, 39. Thank you for proving my point!
    TheWalrus provided even more. You said these crimes didnt happen and they provided it in the double digits of it happening.

With the continued research and production of high casualty weapons, we commit more casualties. If it lends proof to any theory, it is Awsi's in the other thread concerning the rise in gun-related crimes.

Its not a godless problem, its a human problem. And religion is overwhelmingly a reason for humans to cause violence. Personally, despite it being a human problem, im for the elimination of causes of violence. While it certainly wont happen in my lifetime, i can only hope we eliminate enough causes for violence to achieve peace. Im doubtful.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered

#freespesh. Because HIPAA
    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....e-Recap-Thread
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    TheWalrus provided even more. You said these crimes didnt happen and they provided it in the double digits of it happening.

With the continued research and production of high casualty weapons, we commit more casualties. If it lends proof to any theory, it is Awsi's in the other thread concerning the rise in gun-related crimes.

Its not a godless problem, its a human problem. And religion is overwhelmingly a reason for humans to cause violence. Personally, despite it being a human problem, im for the elimination of causes of violence. While it certainly wont happen in my lifetime, i can only hope we eliminate enough causes for violence to achieve peace. Im doubtful.
    Im all for gun control as I've mentioned multiple times in the previous thread, there has been more of these crimes in the past 20 years than in the past hundred. America used to be a religious nation, that has changed. I am just putting the pieces together, I am sorry that doesnt fit your warped view.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just ****ing amazed that anyone would draw a link between prayer in schools and school shootings. I mean, doesn't anybody remember that just this year a white supremacist shot up a Sikh temple in Wisconsin? He killed like 5 or 10 people.

Somebody ban praying in the temple?

There are all kinds of reasonable disagreements to have about gun control and school prayer but this has got to be one of the more retarded lines of attack/blame I've seen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    religion is overwhelmingly a reason for humans to cause violence.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im all for gun control as I've mentioned multiple times in the previous thread, there has been more of these crimes in the past 20 years than in the past hundred. America used to be a religious nation, that has changed. I am just putting the pieces together, I am sorry that doesnt fit your warped view.
    The population of the US a hundred years ago was approx 90 million. Now it's more than 300 million. Not only that, but guns are cheaper (relatively speaking) than they've ever been and much more efficient at killing people (the preponderance of guns didn't have clips and the ones that did carried fewer rounds, which means that gun were generally harder to reload). Ammunition is also cheaper and more plentiful than ever.

You're drawing the conclusions you WANT to draw. Nothing more. It's closer to urinalysis than analysis.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-15-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Yes. He proved my point, less than 40 people killed I'm 30 years. People killed in the Co mad CT murders, 39. Thank you for proving my point!
    Yep, weapons have gotten far more effective and far more accessible. How many people did you know that owned automatic weapons growing up? I didn't know any in the 80s, but I know quite a few now (grew up in AZ).

Further, what kind of spiteful god says, "not asking me for favors every day? Fine. Time to kill some kids!" Yeah, no thanks to praying to something like that.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The population of the US a hundred years ago was approx 90 million. Now it's more than 300 million. Not only that, but guns are cheaper (relatively speaking) than they've ever been and much more efficient at killing people (clips hadn't been invented so you were restricted in your shots and it was much harder to reload). Ammunition is also cheaper and more plentiful than ever.

You're drawing the conclusions you WANT to draw. Nothing more. It's closer to urinalysis than analysis.
    Beat me too it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually agree your gun stance, or what i know of it at least.

We can argue the semantics of the situation, i just dont believe America is any more or less religious than its ever been. Heck, gun to my head and i had to take a side in that argument, as i suggested earlier id argue its more religious. Presidential candidates cant run for office unless they endorse "Christian values". An atheist would be driven out of most elections for any office. Catholics are now a norm in politics. At one point in time we deceived ourselves into believing we are a secular government. Now you cant get on a ticket unless you express some wing of the Christian religion.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I dont think there will ever be a time in which i dont burst out laughing at the clip. I could be at a funeral and starting laughing out loud at that clip. I think the thing that pushes it over the edge for me is the war cry.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This issue isn't about gun control. It is about people control. I agree that as we remove God from everywhere in this country to pacify the athiests and what not, we will see more and more of this type of violence. Of course it doesn't help when we also make such violent movies, TV and video games in this country. We also are a society that has become desensitized to violence. Unless we see it close to home, it doesn't really phase us that much. How many murders have we seen in our lifetimes on TV and movies? Thousands. Tens of thousands. There are consequences to this. It does have an effect on how people think and how they believe. While I wouldn't blame all the violence on a lack of God and good moral discipline, it is what we are replacing God with that is of major concern.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote