Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court upholds ACA

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S Florida/Dolphins Nation
    Thanks / No Thanks

Supreme Court upholds ACA

Let's wait for another round of "I repeal ObamaCare".

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/politi...are/index.html
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"....if there is activity in the ball prior to the rubbing action....
    Bill Belichick, Sat Jan 24, 2015

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Facebook has been pretty funny today.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The best part of this are the comments on all the news articles I've read about. Conservatives are seriously flipping out. I think they assumed this was going to be a slam dunk win since the SCOTUS is 5-4 Republican.

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

I don't know about conservatives but I know the guy at work is pissed, he has a med that he needs to take regularly and his copay recently went from $40 a month to $1000 a month because of the new changes in insurance rates due to Obamacare.

I found it hard to believe but he swears it is true (I could believe it if it was the deducible plus the copay). He is a contractor to our company (5+ years) and is now actively seeking new employment opportunities to offset the cost of his meds. To me that is insane, the companies will use any and all loop holes in this new law to milk the most amount of money out of the systems that they can.
    "Frank's Redhot - I Put That **** On Everything!" ~ Ethel

Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I don't know about conservatives but I know the guy at work is pissed, he has a med that he needs to take regularly and his copay recently went from $40 a month to $1000 a month because of the new changes in insurance rates due to Obamacare.

I found it hard to believe but he swears it is true (I could believe it if it was the deducible plus the copay). He is a contractor to our company (5+ years) and is now actively seeking new employment opportunities to offset the cost of his meds. To me that is insane, the companies will use any and all loop holes in this new law to milk the most amount of money out of the systems that they can.
    Yeah, I'd have to see it to believe it. Every one of these claims gets fact-checked and debunked, so I find it hard to believe anyone would expect him to have a $1,000 copay.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to see it to believe it. Every one of these claims gets fact-checked and debunked, so I find it hard to believe anyone would expect him to have a $1,000 copay.
    This guy sits two desk away so this is not facts check. This more than likely has to do with copays and deductibles which are in fact going up even more in 2016.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I won a bet on this from a conservative friend in Las Vegas. What a blind chump. The writing was all over the wall if you read the oral arguments, notably Kennedy asking about the motivation behind the case, almost in mocking fashion. He's never that blunt.

Also, Roberts said nothing. He had already made it clear that he won't allow this court to be overboard partisan. That's what an overturn would have screamed, nothing but partisan design. Otherwise there's no way to evaluate the intent of the law as a whole and somehow conclude that it was meant to differentiate from state to state. On a political site months ago I referenced the same thing that Roberts identified, the supportive wording in the bill that clearly defined it as one exchange, not separate ones based on state borders. I was surprised more media outlets didn't pick up on that. Roberts in the earlier ruling a few years ago made it very clear that he's a big picture type, not desperate enough to throw away the scope based on a handful of words.

Scalia is a pathetic hack. This is the same guy who clutched equal protection in Bush v Gore. Now he wants 4 words to radically alter health care opportunity across an arbitrary line. Scalia would be shocked to return in a half century or more and hear how he's viewed in legal circles, compared to his current impression of his worth. That dissent was comically juvenile. But not unfamiliar in Scalia terms. The giants of that court have always put forth remarkable arguments in dissent. Scalia whines and cries. When it's a blatantly partisan issue and he's already made up his mind he doesn't even bother to do any homework and sound competent, as opposed to default sarcasm. In Bush v Gore, Scalia was so inept he didn't bother to understand the vast applicable difference between the Contest Phase and Protest Phase in Florida election law, actually asking on oral argument why anybody would bother with the Contest Phase? I howled. This guy is viewed as a mental giant?

Anyway, this is a great step. Naturally the Party of Fear will clutch every invented negative. It's not been a full day unless you can Fear, Hate and Exclude. Ted Cruz didn't disappoint today. As always, never prevent a conservative from sounding like a conservative.

My childhood friend Raymond was saved by Obamacare last year. I just heard this story a month ago, when he returned to Miami to visit. His company downsized and he lost a job -- and health care -- he'd had for more than 15 years. Within a few weeks Ray felt sick, and it got steadily worse. He realized he needed to buy into the health care exchange. He was quickly diagnosed with cancer. Long battle that he is winning, at least at this point. Very weak and still unable to look for a job. Frankly he looks terrible but his spirits are good. He was referred to a specialized rehab facility in Miami.

Ray and I talked about the upcoming health care ruling several weeks ago at Shorty's. He's convinced he would have lost his house, one he's had since 1994, if not for being accepted to the health care exchange last spring and receiving a subsidy. That's how overwhelming his medical expenses were. His savings would have been depleted, with no remedy other than to sell the home. And it would all have resulted from incredibly unfortunate timing, losing that job not long before getting sick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy sits two desk away so this is not facts check. This more than likely has to do with copays and deductibles which are in fact going up even more in 2016.
    For some it may be going up by no way at the ratio he describes
    Member of the EIB club
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, so you've actually seen paperwork that says his copay is $1,000? A $1,000 deductible isn't bad, so I don't know why he would be complaining about that. My deductible is $2,000 on an admittedly ****ty plan. A $1,000 copay is unheard of. It sounds like he isn't telling you everything.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S Florida/Dolphins Nation
    Thanks / No Thanks

I call BS.
    Quote Quote