Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: How many guns are in your home?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

14 42.42%

3 9.09%
  • 2-5

9 27.27%
  • 6-10

4 12.12%
  • 11+

3 9.09%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms in your home?

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Firearms in your home?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I always feel safe with my pit around. Best dogs ever no matter what people say about them. I have a 100 lb colby pit who's awesome. Great with the kids and great with house protection. They're just naturals at it.
    Mine was fawn colored and about 80 lbs. In her prime. She was so loyal and such a great friend. Although she was as tough as any beast walking, she was nothing like the media version of a pit bull.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    None. I do have a pretty badass sling spear though, which suffices for all the hunting Im interested in.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice pic of the girl, my boss mother in law owns the RED STRIPE BEER CO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't have them in my house because I don't have room for proper storage in my apartment and I won't be here long enough to bother, but I have two stored at my parent's house in Texas: a Winchester 94 that's been passed down a couple generations and a Remington 870 that was passed down from my dad. I also have his compound bow, which was his primary hunting weapon.
    Dang that jogged my memory, need to change my vote from 0 to 1. Forgot about a colt .45 pistol from WW2 left to me by an uncle that is locked in a box in the attic.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    If you guys get a chance, read the article on the huffington post titled "I am Adam Lanza's Mother".

It tackles the issue of how this country has NO METHOD to deal with kids that are like this. I can vouch for that as I know what my mother in law had to go through with my brother in law.

His damage has been controlled to this point, but who knows what the future will bring. She seemed to have the same thing told to to her when she looked for help, well if he gets arrested we can do something...

Well he has been arrested, several times, spent some time behind bars, but will not spend any serious time there until he gets caught.
    A great article. It's extremely frustrating that we won't be able to deal with mental health issues any time soon. The government certainly won't and mental health is a health insurer's worst nightmare as it's lifelong care and expensive (pharmaceutical companies and psychiatrists love it though).

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Dang that jogged my memory, need to change my vote from 0 to 1. Forgot about a colt .45 pistol from WW2 left to me by an uncle that is locked in a box in the attic.
    Yeah, I'm not a hunter. Nothing against it (except those that sit in trees and shelters and whatnot, which isn't hunting IMO), just never really got into it despite loving the outdoors. Keeping them because they've been in my family for a good while and in case my son ever expresses an interest as I still have a lot of family that hunt.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I cannot speak for all, but I do own several guns, and I do not carry. Would anyone like to know why I do not carry? Mostly from what was taught in my firearms training course. My teacher painted a picture completely the opposite of what is portrayed in the movies about some responsible gun owner pulling a gun to thwart a robbery, in fact it was much closer to the response Zimmerman has been through since he used a gun to POSSIBLY save his life.

He told us even under the most perfect circumstances with all factors on your side that he promised us it would be the worst day of our life. I would never pull my weapon unless there was no other possible way to get out of it, if getting out of the house would put the threat to an end, that's what i would do.

Understand this though, if you know what you are doing a gun most certainly is NOT A FAILURE as a home defense tool, you just have to understand the best way to use it, and never use it under the wrong circumstances. I agree with the no need to uselessly raise the stakes in any situation.

I do not mean to hit a nerve, but I can't help but think at least a few of the adults that were slain by that monster were wishing for something substantial to fight back with, wouldn't you agree?
    I am sure they would have liked to have an armed security guard on the site, as it might have minimized the carnage. However, I think everyone would have been better off if this monster's mother didn't have an armory in her house with an automatic rifle which he used to cut through a door to enter the school and commit the murders. He was unable to purchase a weapon on his own. Without his mother's cache of weapons, including this automatic rifle, this horrific incident might not have occurred.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Skape,

What about having a dogs and guns for home protection? :-)
    Personally, I think a dog and some shurikens would be a much better combo.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    A great article. It's extremely frustrating that we won't be able to deal with mental health issues any time soon. The government certainly won't and mental health is a health insurer's worst nightmare as it's lifelong care and expensive (pharmaceutical companies and psychiatrists love it though).
    A HEALTH INSURERS WORST NIGHTMARE...well, if nothing else i'm sure you have just hit on the reason all of our worthless bought and paid for politicians will keep the direction of the talks away from any improvement in this area.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I am sure they would have liked to have an armed security guard on the site, as it might have minimized the carnage. However, I think everyone would have been better off if this monster's mother didn't have an armory in her house with an automatic rifle which he used to cut through a door to enter the school and commit the murders. He was unable to purchase a weapon on his own. Without his mother's cache of weapons, including this automatic rifle, this horrific incident might not have occurred.

Did she have an automatic??

If so I wonder how she got it. Forgive me I haven't read anything about an automatic at all. But let's not fool ourselves the VT shooter didn't have any automatics at all. In fact had two handguns and one of them a 22. And he killed more.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote