Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: How many guns are in your home?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0

    26 46.43%
  • 1

    7 12.50%
  • 2-5

    12 21.43%
  • 6-10

    7 12.50%
  • 11+

    4 7.14%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 258

Thread: Firearms in your home?

  1. -71
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    11,753
    vCash:
    49455
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I don't respect extremist views. I disagree all the time.
    Which is all it comes down to. You don't respect him, and were trying to borrow the credibility of mass opinion.

    Stand on your own two legs next time.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,797
    vCash:
    1216
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Which is all it comes down to. You don't respect him, and were trying to borrow the credibility of mass opinion.

    Stand on your own two legs next time.
    says the guy that is getting involved in a conversation that wasn't directed at him. Just because you are all up on his nuts doesn't mean I have to be.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    11,753
    vCash:
    49455
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    says the guy that is getting involved in a conversation that wasn't directed at him.
    It's a public forum, buddy. You want to have a private conversation, send a pm.

    Just because you are all up on his nuts doesn't mean I have to be.


    So first his farts smell delicious and now you're talking about his nuts?

    Yup, you're 10.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,797
    vCash:
    1216
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It's a public forum, buddy. You want to have a private conversation, send a pm.





    So first his farts smell delicious and now you're talking about his nuts?

    Yup, you're 10.
    i said his farts smell like roses, there's a difference, wrong again, you ****ing monkey.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    11,753
    vCash:
    49455
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i said his farts smell like roses, there's a difference, wrong again, you ****ing monkey.


    This is you in post 67.

    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    The majority of posters on this thread either own guns, or respect the right to own a gun. I can conclude that such an extreme view such as the guy with the delicious smelling farts, would not be respected in this forum.


    You can't even get it right when talking about you yourself said like a half hour ago.

    Truly .

    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,797
    vCash:
    1216
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post


    This is you in post 67.





    You can't even get it right when talking about you yourself said like an hour ago.

    Truly .

    I meant roses. Quit hacking my account.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    23,779
    vCash:
    69998
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    This thread has gone full weird. Not even going to see what led up to it.






    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    3,717
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh the old gun debate.

    my 2 cents is, the only ppl that needs guns is law enforcement because they are the only people allowed to use it. What do civilians needs guns for? your not allowed to use it and if ever came a time when you were under attack and was allowed to use it i bet most of the time it would be too damn late for you to even go get the gun in the first place unless you carry all the time which in my state is not allowed even with a permit. Your allowed to keep it in the car unloaded or whatever, but really, guns are just a source of ppl feeling more protected when really its a bunch bull. All guns are good for nowdays are sad endings like the recent incidents, some wacko gun craving dude loses it because hes mom told him to f off and move out, than goes and take his problems out on other ppls lives with guns. Look at canada and britain, you hardly ever see these things happen overthere. Not saying it doesnt but no where near as much as its happening overhere. The only question right now is, how many more lives have to be taken before action is taken? well, guess we just have to wait and see...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    13,517
    vCash:
    6063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoDeVante Parker's 11
    Control debates are just as common as free speech, abortion, religion, politics etc.... Extreme points of view on both sides of the fence, but to sit there and say a law abiding citizen that owns a gun and is exercising he or she's right to lawfully conceal carry it is bad or had never actually stopped a crime or prevented loss of life is just ignorant. Below is a link of a law abiding citizen using his gun to save lives so the above poster and his thoughts are simply wrong.

    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...et-caf-robbery

    Events like these literally happen hundreds of times around the country they get a hit in the local news, maybe 15 seconds on a national outlet and then go away because the public doesn't care if the bad guy died. The media doesn't sensationalize it to all is forgotten.

    This man was not wired right and like the men at Blacksburg, Va and Denver, Co a gun was their instrument of choice. Do you really think limiting access to a gun would have stopped any of those incidents? Doubtful they wanted to take life in a public venue at a high rate, all three men were mentally defunct but did have above average intelligence to say build a bomb, drive a car through a intersection bus stop etc. look at Timothy Mcvae he proves a sociopath has no limits to execute their plan. Gun control is eye wash and won't prevent these incidents it might postpone them till the bad guy finds other means but it won't stop someone hell bent in mass loss of life.

    The real problem is our society has decided the villain has more rights then the victim! When a child is deemed at risk by a educator the system is designed to hide the issue rather then address it at a early stage. Talk to someone in education not a new teacher but one with over a decade of experience hell my mom was a elementary principal for 37 years she used to point at kids and say they would end up in prison and most did. Why because it is so obvious they had problem, but the parents fought the system and nothing could be done. For what it is worth she is not a gun person, but her first response to this was arm the teachers or administrators.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    23,779
    vCash:
    69998
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Control debates are just as common as free speech, abortion, religion, politics etc.... Extreme points of view on both sides of the fence, but to sit there and say a law abiding citizen that owns a gun and is exercising he or she's right to lawfully conceal carry it is bad or had never actually stopped a crime or prevented loss of life is just ignorant. Below is a link of a law abiding citizen using his gun to save lives so the above poster and his thoughts are simply wrong.

    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...et-caf-robbery

    Events like these literally happen hundreds of times around the country they get a hit in the local news, maybe 15 seconds on a national outlet and then go away because the public doesn't care if the bad guy died. The media doesn't sensationalize it to all is forgotten.

    This man was not wired right and like the men at Blacksburg, Va and Denver, Co a gun was their instrument of choice. Do you really think limiting access to a gun would have stopped any of those incidents? Doubtful they wanted to take life in a public venue at a high rate, all three men were mentally defunct but did have above average intelligence to say build a bomb, drive a car through a intersection bus stop etc. look at Timothy Mcvae he proves a sociopath has no limits to execute their plan. Gun control is eye wash and won't prevent these incidents it might postpone them till the bad guy finds other means but it won't stop someone hell bent in mass loss of life.

    The real problem is our society has decided the villain has more rights then the victim! When a child is deemed at risk by a educator the system is designed to hide the issue rather then address it at a early stage. Talk to someone in education not a new teacher but one with over a decade of experience hell my mom was a elementary principal for 37 years she used to point at kids and say they would end up in prison and most did. Why because it is so obvious they had problem, but the parents fought the system and nothing could be done. For what it is worth she is not a gun person, but her first response to this was arm the teachers or administrators.
    Yes, I truly believe that if Adam Lanza's mother didn't give her mentally ill son access to guns, especially a bushmaster, there wouldn't be 20 dead children with multiple shots each. Regarding V. Tech I truly believe that a more thorough NATIONAL (because he ordered one online from Green Bay) background check would have found that Cho had court-ordered mental health treatment only 2 years before rather than simply relying on him to tell the truth and that if he didn't have access to high capacity clips, the body count wouldn't have been so high.

    Will realistic gun control measures (not banning all weapons, let's not be ridiculous) stop EVERY mass shooting? No, of course not, but it will certainly lessen the body counts and prevent many. How is the fact that it won't stop EVERY attack an excuse for inaction? If that's reason enough for not having a law, why do we have any laws at all? Laws against pedophilia certainly didn't stop Sandusky. Let's just drop laws against it then, because it clearly doesn't work.

    Ban assault rifles, high capacity clips, and hollowpoints; limit ammo that can be purchased in a given period, ban ownership of guns if you or somebody in your household is a felon or mentally ill, and create a thorough national background check that doesn't rely solely on what information is volunteered. Do any of those stop you from owning a gun? No (unless you have a disqualifier such as felony or mental illness). Will it prevent ALL mass shootings? No. Will it prevent some without infringing on your rights outside of not being able to go to a range with an assault rifle? Yes.

    Of course, that's only PART of the problem. We also have to deal with mental health in this country, but good luck with that considering that's that godawful thing that Americans absolutely despise: the health of all citizens. Mental health treatment is extremely costly and most greedy psychiatrists don't take insurance (or are "out of network"). Are we ready, as a nation, to invest in the treatment of those with mental health issues? Hell no, that's er muny!! I really wish that wasn't the case.

    Sadly, neither of these things will be addressed. Nothing will change. Our kids will continue to die and it is the fault of all of us, because we as a nation completely fail at protecting them. The blood of 20 kids and 6 adults is on all of our hands' due to our collective inertia, and it most certainly won't be the last. But enjoy your weekend at the range with that really cool assault rifle. Totally worth it!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
  2. miami marie scott "home SWEET home" 6.20.11
    By dreday in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 05:39 PM
  3. ***Official Firearms thread***
    By Dolfan3773 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 01:56 AM
  4. Uh Oh. WVDolphan mightve just gotten hooked on firearms.
    By Flip Tanneflop in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •