Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: How many guns are in your home?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

14 42.42%

3 9.09%
  • 2-5

9 27.27%
  • 6-10

4 12.12%
  • 11+

3 9.09%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms in your home?

1. -51
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    It is taking shape right now after this horrible tragedy, let's ask the government to fix all of our problems for us, let's ask them to take all the responsibility upon themselves and legislate into law responsibility on an individual level, if you cannot see the fallacy in that philosophy than I cannot help you. Limitation doesn't fix the problem, education and moral values fix the problems, those are passed on be parenting and educational values.

This is the value that I pass on to my son, not the "let's sit back and wait for someone else to fix it for me" mentality that has gotten "us" as a society to this point.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    None, and I'll go far beyond that. I don't respect people who own guns for protective purposes. Certainly not the point I'd ever take their advice on anything. I view the issue as one of the great litmus tests on basic common sense. Seriously, how could anyone need a survey? If a deadly weapon is there 24/7/365, society loses. Pure math.

You've got to shake your head at posts asserting they "talked" to their son, as if that has a fleck of value compared to sheer availability. I guarantee one shooter after another was "talked to" at some point.

Once in Las Vegas I was scheduled to move into an apartment with a friend. First day in the place I went into his room and there was a handgun on his nightstand. I expressed my feelings and moved out before spending a night in the place.

As other have pointed out, intruders are concerned with noise and light. Home alarms systems are effective, along with dogs.

It could not be more meaningless that some people have been saved by owning a gun. Nothing is zero. Nobody is claiming zero. I'm sure there's an example of a bumbling fool who on his first day of owning a gun successfully pulled the trigger with his eyes closed and pointing in the wrong direction. The net benefit is toward fewer guns, not more guns, and it's not a close call.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    None, and I'll go far beyond that. I don't respect people who own guns for protective purposes. Certainly not the point I'd ever take their advice on anything. I view the issue as one of the great litmus tests on basic common sense. Seriously, how could anyone need a survey? If a deadly weapon is there 24/7/365, society loses. Pure math.

You've got to shake your head at posts asserting they "talked" to their son, as if that has a fleck of value compared to sheer availability. I guarantee one shooter after another was "talked to" at some point.

Once in Las Vegas I was scheduled to move into an apartment with a friend. First day in the place I went into his room and there was a handgun on his nightstand. I expressed my feelings and moved out before spending a night in the place.

As other have pointed out, intruders are concerned with noise and light. Home alarms systems are effective, along with dogs.

It could not be more meaningless that some people have been saved by owning a gun. Nothing is zero. Nobody is claiming zero. I'm sure there's an example of a bumbling fool who on his first day of owning a gun successfully pulled the trigger with his eyes closed and pointing in the wrong direction. The net benefit is toward fewer guns, not more guns, and it's not a close call.

Honestly I am lucky, I have the resources and at least the necessary amount of intelligence to live in a very safe neighborhood with a great school system for my kids, the chances of me ever needing any of my firearms is close to zero, so again, i'm lucky.

Your post absolutely reeks with the stench of an over privileged jerk that never had any experience in any of the thousands of low income extremely dangerous neighborhoods that are all over the country. Many of these people have guns for very good reason, hell many people in these neighborhoods sleep in their bathtub for fear of catching a stray bullet in one of the everyday drive bye shootings.

Why don't you do some research on Detroit, and the toughest neighborhoods there.

Why don't the people just leave?

I don't know, heck maybe many are not as "intelligent" as you, maybe they have family there, maybe it is all they can afford I don't know.

I'm sure they will all be upset they failed your "litmus test".
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    The glock 23 in my avatar, a glock 26 and a colt m4/ar-15. Gonna buy a few more ARs since they will become a hot commodity once banned from sale.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    With all the recent debate about firearms in our country, I was curious about something.

How many guns do you have in your home?

Me - I currently own four.

Two rifles (.30-30 & .22)
    One shotgun (12 gauge pump)
    One handgun (.45)

... & I've been saving up for a nice .357 magnum revolver.

What say you?
    None for me

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Such an ignorant post from somebody who doesn't understand the different circumstances which people have to live with on a daily basis. I don't own a gun, but it would be irresponsible for me to say that there is by and large not a need for one. I can't take you seriously and neither can most people on this forum.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Such an ignorant post from somebody who doesn't understand the different circumstances which people have to live with on a daily basis. I don't own a gun, but it would be irresponsible for me to say that there is by and large not a need for one. I can't take you seriously and neither can most people on this forum.

Whether you agree with him or not, Awsi is one of the most respected posters on these forums.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Whether you agree with him or not, Awsi is one of the most respected posters on these forums.
    Oh ****! Dang man, since you think he's so ****ing awesome I guess he is entitled to say whatever he wants without taking any criticism from any of us? Do you agree with his premise that anyone who owns a gun is basically a ****ing idiot?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

I'm sure you respect him, to me he looks like all the other posters that are way off either to the right or left, no difference in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Honestly I am lucky, I have the resources and at least the necessary amount of intelligence to live in a very safe neighborhood with a great school system for my kids, the chances of me ever needing any of my firearms is close to zero, so again, i'm lucky.

Your post absolutely reeks with the stench of an over privileged jerk that never had any experience in any of the thousands of low income extremely dangerous neighborhoods that are all over the country. Many of these people have guns for very good reason, hell many people in these neighborhoods sleep in their bathtub for fear of catching a stray bullet in one of the everyday drive bye shootings.

Why don't you do some research on Detroit, and the toughest neighborhoods there.

Why don't the people just leave?

I don't know, heck maybe many are not as "intelligent" as you, maybe they have family there, maybe it is all they can afford I don't know.

I'm sure they will all be upset they failed your "litmus test".
    We aren't talking about Detroit though. The ones that say they have guns at their home on this site don't live in the 'ghetto'.
    Quote Quote