Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: How many guns are in your home?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

14 42.42%

3 9.09%
  • 2-5

9 27.27%
  • 6-10

4 12.12%
  • 11+

3 9.09%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms in your home?

1. -61
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I'm sure you respect him, to me he looks like all the other posters that are way off either to the right or left, no difference in my opinion.
    Whatever man. Hate on him all you want, I bet his farts smell like roses!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    We aren't talking about Detroit though. The ones that say they have guns at their home on this site don't live in the 'ghetto'.
    Where did I say people on the forum lived in the ghetto?

The post I was referring to (and i'm giving it too much credit by talking about it) the person said he didn't respect anyone that had a gun for self defense purposes, and then made overtures about their common sense.

In my opinion, that is ridiculous, and shows a privileged and somewhat sheltered upbringing. There are no questions about a percentage of our population that do need firearms for protection, just because I probably do not, doesn't mean everyone does not.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Where did I say people on the forum lived in the ghetto?

The post I was referring to (and i'm giving it too much credit by talking about it) the person said he didn't respect anyone that had a gun for self defense purposes, and then made overtures about their common sense.

In my opinion, that is ridiculous, and shows a privileged and somewhat sheltered upbringing. There are no questions about a percentage of our population that do need firearms for protection, just because I probably do not, doesn't mean everyone does not.
    You said people sleep in their bathtubs in fear of drive-byes. My point was that those folks aren't here on FH and since the poll in this thread was for members on this site, I don't see the point in bringing up people in Watts or Detroit. If it's so dangerous where one lives that they have to own guns to give them the best chance to survive, that's a different situation than someone in a decent neighborhood who feels the need to protect themselves just in case.

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You said people sleep in their bathtubs in fear of drive-byes. My point was that those folks aren't here on FH and since the poll in this thread was for members on this site, I don't see the point in bringing up people in Watts or Detroit. If it's so dangerous where one lives that they have to own guns to give them the best chance to survive, that's a different situation than someone in a decent neighborhood who feels the need to protect themselves just in case.
    So you are for banning ALL guns?
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Oh ****! Dang man, since you think he's so ****ing awesome I guess he is entitled to say whatever he wants without taking any criticism from any of us? Do you agree with his premise that anyone who owns a gun is basically a ****ing idiot?

What are you, 10 years old?

Awsi doesn't post much in the PoFo. I was talking about his posts forum wide, where he is indisputably well respected. If he posted more he'd be a perennial favorite for Poster of the Year, imo. You can disagree with him all you want (nice strawman there accusing me of saying he couldn't be criticized), but saying the majority of people don't take him seriously is simply the wrong avenue of attack.

He didn't say everyone who owns a gun is an idiot. He said that he doesn't respect people who own guns for self defense (which he specifically isolated rather than painting all gun ownership with the same brush) because the math says that's a self defeating, mathematically ignorant decision. He's a gambler and his whole life is built around probabilities, so he takes that stuff, you know, seriously.

As for myself, I agree that it's an unwise decision. I don't feel as strongly about it as him but the math speaks for itself.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So you are for banning ALL guns?
    No. I honestly don't know what the solution is. I don't think arming everyone is the solution either. I've heard some say that if the principal was armed, she would've stopped him. What happens when staff gets armed and they still get murdered b/c the guy has guns that are bigger and better?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

What are you, 10 years old?

Awsi doesn't post much in the PoFo. I was talking about his posts forum wide, where he is indisputably well respected. If he posted more he'd be a perennial favorite for Poster of the Year, imo. You can disagree with him all you want (nice strawman there accusing me of saying he couldn't be criticized), but saying the majority of people don't take him seriously is simply the wrong avenue of attack.

He didn't say everyone who owns a gun is an idiot. He said that he doesn't respect people who own guns for self defense (which he specifically isolated rather than painting all gun ownership with the same brush) because the math says that's a self defeating, mathematically ignorant decision. He's a gambler and his whole life is built around probabilities, so he takes that stuff more seriously than you or me.
    The majority of posters on this thread either own guns, or respect the right to own a gun. I can conclude that such an extreme view such as the guy with the delicious smelling farts, would not be respected in this forum.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. I honestly don't know what the solution is. I don't think arming everyone is the solution either. I've heard some say that if the principal was armed, she would've stopped him. What happens when staff gets armed and they still get murdered b/c the guy has guns that are bigger and better?
    Nobody is arguing that, you were sticking up for a poster that wants the ban on all guns, which you admitedly don't agree with. Not sure why you got involved.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The majority of posters on this thread either own guns, or respect the right to own a gun. I can conclude that such an extreme view such as the guy with the delicious smelling farts, would not be respected in this forum.
    So not agreeing = not respecting?

Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So not agreeing = not respecting?

I don't respect extremist views. I disagree all the time.
    Quote Quote