Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress

1. -31
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    LOL...it's always fun talking w/ you Locke.

Police are always needed, but not neccessarily always around. In a situation where a person is confronted with a criminal armed with an assault weapon, why is it so reasonable to keep said assault weapon out of the hands of a person legally allowed to possess it, and most likely worlds more experienced in the proper use of the weapon?

Life aint GTA ya know

But that comes back to the question, when's the last time someone was mugged with an AK-47? I'm all for having your shotgun or handgun for self-protection. It's plausible someone comes into your home with their .22 calibur and try to steal your stuff. In that sense, it makes sense to have something similar. Pulling an AK-47 on someone seems like little more than a dick-swinging contest to me, though...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    oh a side note, it only took two days for politicans to pander about how "evil" the other side is. and another 30 seconds for the extremes on both sides to agree with said polticians.
    Yes, everyone is showing remarkable restraint in the face of this tragedy.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    But that comes back to the question, when's the last time someone was mugged with an AK-47? I'm all for having your shotgun or handgun for self-protection. It's plausible someone comes into your home with their .22 calibur and try to steal your stuff. In that sense, it makes sense to have something similar. Pulling an AK-47 on someone seems like little more than a dick-swinging contest to me, though...
    No offense Locke because I am enjoying our discussion in the other thread, but I think in a life or death situation if a criminal broke in with a .22 it's not my concern that I have the superior fire power

Not going to find flynryan debating is that a .22 well then I guess it only calls for my 9mm.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    True enough....but you agree that police AND thugs have the weapons.....so it seems totally reasonable to me that John Q Public, who has not broken any laws nor aspires to break any laws, should be allowed to own an assault rifle, even if its for nothing more than indulging his rambo fantasies.....because there may come a day when he has to use it, one just never knows. Like i said before, theres no reason citizens should not be able to arm themselves exactly as the police do. Now, arming them like Seals and Rangers may be another issue, but whatever a cop can pull out of his car should be available to the man on the street as well.
    Besides, criminals dont buy arms legally anyway, any firearm that can be purchased can be traced.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Assualt rifles are illegal the ATF defines a assualt rifle as a rifle capable of automatic or burst fire.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Assualt rifles are illegal the ATF defines a assualt rifle as a rifle capable of automatic or burst fire.
    You can't argue semantics in this thread Buster

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    You can't argue semantics in this thread Buster

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Be honest how many people wanting assualt rifles banned think the AR in AR-15 stands for assualt rifle
    Quote Quote