Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Scenario for the Dolphins to get into the Playoffs

1. -11
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is nice to still be involved, however unlikely it is.

There is a good chance the fins beat Buffalo; hopefully Pittsburgh beats Cincy meaning the fins should be alive going into the last week. It is extremely unlikely that events will unfold exactly how we need them to but it'll keep it interesting the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KDansby58 View Post
    Wow so jets loose tomorrow night there done? Or the bills beat the jets wow how crazy we are alive tho how nutty is that
    No, not quite. Jets losing tomorrow (very likely IMO) puts them at 6-8. Same as us. It becomes much easier to understand if the Jets lose tomorrow. Basically they fall into the same boat as us, they'll need to win out or they'll be done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously a long shot but still cool and hey u never know
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post

No, not quite. Jets losing tomorrow (very likely IMO) puts them at 6-8. Same as us. It becomes much easier to understand if the Jets lose tomorrow. Basically they fall into the same boat as us, they'll need to win out or they'll be done.
    If the Jets lose tommorw they are ELIMINATED. The reason they are eliminated is because of the Bengals/Steelers matchup the following week. If the Bengals win, they are 9-7 (the best the Jets can do is 8-8). If the Steelers win, they own the division tiebreak over Cincy if both teams finish 8-8 and therefore own the wildcard tiebreak over the Jets because of the head to head win earlier this year.

Any loss by the Jets eliminates them from the playoffs. There is no situation where the Jets can get into the playoffs at 8-8
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    If the Jets lose tommorw they are ELIMINATED. The reason they are eliminated is because of the Bengals/Steelers matchup the following week. If the Bengals win, they are 9-7 (the best the Jets can do is 8-8). If the Steelers win, they own the division tiebreak over Cincy if both teams finish 8-8 and therefore own the wildcard tiebreak over them because of the head to head win earlier this year.
    So confusing sometimes

Lets just focus on beating Buffalo and see what happens
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    So confusing sometimes

Lets just focus on beating Buffalo and see what happens
    I completely agree, I just thought if we are going to be seeing a bunch of playoff threads, I may as well try to put together one official one with the correct information.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Everett,Wa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDansby58 View Post
    Wow so jets loose tomorrow night there done? Or the bills beat the jets wow how crazy we are alive tho how nutty is that
    Basically, it comes down to the Jets losing to Buffalo, Miami winning out and the Steelers winning next week and losing vs the Browns, the last week of the season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnstone View Post
    Basically, it comes down to the Jets losing to Buffalo, Miami winning out and the Steelers winning next week and losing vs the Browns, the last week of the season.
    You also need Cincy to lose against the Ravens in week 17 and the Jets can lose the next 2 and beat Buffalo as they would have 9 losses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do we really want to make the playoffs at 8-8 and get crushed first round again??? Making the playoffs in 08 set us back in my opinion by getting a later 1st that Ireland wasted on Vontae Davis. I would rather see improvement by Tannehill and the rest of the team. We really need a strong offseason to set us up for the future. I'm not saying lose for better draft picks so don't bash me. If we can go 7-9 with a rookie QB, rookie HC, and rookie DC, then I would be pleased with that. Now if we had pulled out the O.T. wins against the Jets and Zona, I would love to sneak in at 9-7. Let's be patient with this coaching staff and I think it will pay off.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    dont count on it, but i would **** myself in excitement
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    Do we really want to make the playoffs at 8-8 and get crushed first round again??? Making the playoffs in 08 set us back in my opinion by getting a later 1st that Ireland wasted on Vontae Davis. I would rather see improvement by Tannehill and the rest of the team. We really need a strong offseason to set us up for the future. I'm not saying lose for better draft picks so don't bash me. If we can go 7-9 with a rookie QB, rookie HC, and rookie DC, then I would be pleased with that. Now if we had pulled out the O.T. wins against the Jets and Zona, I would love to sneak in at 9-7. Let's be patient with this coaching staff and I think it will pay off.
    Clay Matthews was sitting right behind Vontae Davis that year and we could of easily selected him . . . I think Hakim Nicks was there as well . . .no?

The Fins getting to the playoffs means A. They beat New England in New England . . . and B. More than likely a rematch the following week in New England. New England isn't laying down as they want a bye . . . and the Fins have a defense that can keep them in games . . . they just need some creativity on offense. Hell I'd take a playoff spot over a better draft pick . . . oh hellz yea.
    Quote Quote