Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY, Someone Who Gets It

1. -11
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I would never say FORCING anyone to carry a gun against their will could be a good idea, never.

There are several instances of citizens ending incidents that could have been much worse because they carry. I'm sorry in almost every instance these guys seem to not want a fight, they seem to exterminate themselves rather than fight a "fair" fight, look no further than the mall shooting last week.

Can CCW's always help? Maybe not, but in those situations I would rather take my chances with them.
    If you know your gun, are proficient in its use and are not the type of person to swing their dick and cause incidents, then yes you very well could be a better off diffusing a real situation. You may be one of the responsible ones. Judging by your posts, you probably are. But I know enough about the average intelligence and temper fuse of the average American to know I dont want most people carrying a gun.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    End the war on drugs. Then take all those cops with free time now and post them as guards for EVERY school. Notice the douchebag killed himself as soon as people with guns arrived???

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    GOP Rep.: More - not fewer - guns the answer

Updated 3:25 p.m. ET

Had Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung kept a gun in her office, Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, argued today, the Newtown, Conn., shooting Friday that left 20 students and six faculty members dead would have had a far less tragic result.

"I wish to God she had had an M4 [carbine rifle] in her office locked up and so when she heard gunshots... she takes his head off before he can hurt those kids," Gohmert said of Hochsprung - who was among those killed - on FOX News Sunday. The alleged gunman, Adam Lanza, murdered his mother at home before driving to the school and killing 27 more, including himself.

"Every mass killing of more than three people in recent history has been in a place where guns were prohibited," he continued. "They choose this place, they know no one will be armed."

A vocal leader in the right-wing tea party movement, Gohmert stands out among conservatives who have been lying low since President Obama on Friday suggested the tragedy will give way to "meaningful action" on the gun issue; Gohmert and Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, were the only pro-gun lawmakers or advocates to accept the networks' requests for interviews on the Sunday political shows.

Republican congressional leadership, like House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have been silent on the issue since Friday, while the airwaves have been flooded with pro-gun control supporters, rendering Gohmert and Chaffetz the de facto spokesmen for congressional Republicans today.

Gohmert maintained that more, not fewer, guns is the answer, but said he agreed with Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., that any debate about reform needs to be "open-minded."

"Sen. Durbin's right... the conversation we've got to have has got to have everybody open-minded," Gohmert said. "We all react emotionally, that's why we've all shed tears and our prayers will continue to go to the people in Connecticut who've lost loved ones."
    My goodness. I am speechless.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    End the war on drugs. Then take all those cops with free time now and post them as guards for EVERY school. Notice the douchebag killed himself as soon as people with guns arrived???
    Exactly. Also, I'm curious as to how many gun laws he broke going into the school that day. I'm willing to bet it's at least twelve. The problem is that these gun control laws only affect law abiding citizens. Criminals will still find ways to get guns. They're criminals. By definition, they don't follow the law.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Exactly. Also, I'm curious as to how many gun laws he broke going into the school that day. I'm willing to bet it's at least twelve. The problem is that these gun control laws only affect law abiding citizens. Criminals will still find ways to get guns. They're criminals. By definition, they don't follow the law.

And that's what the anti-gun crowd always ignores. Same thing happened at Columbine and VT. When people with guns arrive the cowards kill themselves. I would rather have cops at schools protecting our kids than kicking doors down and busting balls over drugs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They aren't just by definition willing to break every law, though. Not every guy willing to rob a liquor store is also willing to do murder. Not everybody who speeds also disregards seat belt laws. If being caught in possession of a hand gun meant a mandatory year in prison, is anyone really arguing that wouldn't have an effect on the number of hand guns on the street?

A pyscho like Adam Lanza certainly isn't concerned about the law, but the harder it is for him and anyone like him to get a gun, the fewer of these incidents is going to occur. I don't see why that point is even argued. Is anyone seriously proposing that it would have been just as easy for Lanza to find a black market supply and arm himself as it was to just take the guns from his mother? I mean, c'mon.

It's a tradeoff and what's being argued here is where we draw the line. I assume even the most hardened gun advocate has a point where they'd be willing to give up their own guns if these incidents kept occurring. Maybe not, but I doubt it. For some that line has already been crossed. But that's what we're talking about. The acceptable body count.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    They aren't just by definition willing to break every law, though. Not every guy willing to rob a liquor store is also willing to do murder. Not everybody who speeds also disregards seat belt laws. If being caught in possession of a hand gun meant a mandatory year in prison, is anyone really arguing that wouldn't have an effect on the number of hand guns on the street?

A pyscho like Adam Lanza certainly isn't concerned about the law, but the harder it is for him and anyone like him to get a gun, the less likely this incident would have been likely to occur. I don't see why that point is even argued. Is anyone seriously proposing that it would have been just as easy for Lanza to find a black market supply and arm himself as it was to just take the guns from his mother? I mean, c'mon.

It's a tradeoff and what's being argued here is where we draw the line. I assume even the most hardened gun advocate has a point where they'd be willing to give up their own guns if these incidents kept occurring. Maybe not, but I doubt it. For some that line has already been crossed. But that's what we're talking about. The acceptable body count.
    Ok, but what if the principal or the guidance councilor had been allowed to be armed? It could have also cut down on the body count.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Ok, but what if the principal or the guidance councilor had been allowed to be armed? It could have also cut down on the body count.
    Well that depends on what I was saying earlier in this thread. How many people are actually capable of being an actual help in a gun battle? Id wager not too many. The shooter knew how to use a gun obviously. You dont kill that many people without having a good level of gun skills. Theres a very good chance that even if the principal was armed, it wouldnt have made much of a difference.

Id say the danger of having armed faculty who can have guns stolen from them, or can snap themselves, far outweighs the chances that a faculty member who is armed actually stopping something like this.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perhaps. But if that's the policy for schools generally you open the possibility of a student getting that gun and doing something horrible with it.

Mathematically you stand a much better chance of lowering the body count overall by removing guns as much as possible rather than trying to smother it by arming more and more people.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Well that depends on what I was saying earlier in this thread. How many people are actually capable of being an actual help in a gun battle? Id wager not too many. The shooter knew how to use a gun obviously. You dont kill that many people without having a good level of gun skills. Theres a very good chance that even if the principal was armed, it wouldnt have made much of a difference.

Id say the danger of having armed faculty who can have guns stolen from them, or can snap themselves, far outweighs the chances that a faculty member who is armed actually stopping something like this.
    You do if you purposely seek out a place full of unarmed children. You could stab ten people to death in that scenario.
    Quote Quote