Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FINALLY, Someone Who Gets It

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by valandui View Post
    you do if you purposely seek out a place full of unarmed children. You could stab ten people to death in that scenario.
    exactly!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What law would have stopped someone from killing a person with guns then stealing those guns to kill a s-load of people???

Correct me if I'm wrong but Connecticut ranks way up there with strict gun laws. In fact I believe the Brady center has them ranked as the fifth best.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Sorry, but I won't have a handgun in my house. Period. I have no problem with you having one in yours so long as you're not a felon (of any kind), have no mental illness, and go through the proper channels of obtaining a weapon; but I'll be damned if anybody is going to tell me I must own a gun. I'm sure you feel the same way at the thought of anybody telling you that you must give up your gun (again, unless you become a felon or develop dangerous mental illness).

That being said, Gohmert is a loonie on par with the old guard GOP that kept discussing their views on rape, which isn't surprising considering that part of Texas is one of the craziest parts of the country (dealt with people a lot when I worked in Dallas). A dying breed thankfully.
    Well then you might just have to be damned. I said the same thing about health care.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    They aren't just by definition willing to break every law, though. Not every guy willing to rob a liquor store is also willing to do murder. Not everybody who speeds also disregards seat belt laws. If being caught in possession of a hand gun meant a mandatory year in prison, is anyone really arguing that wouldn't have an effect on the number of hand guns on the street?

A pyscho like Adam Lanza certainly isn't concerned about the law, but the harder it is for him and anyone like him to get a gun, the fewer of these incidents is going to occur. I don't see why that point is even argued. Is anyone seriously proposing that it would have been just as easy for Lanza to find a black market supply and arm himself as it was to just take the guns from his mother? I mean, c'mon.

It's a tradeoff and what's being argued here is where we draw the line. I assume even the most hardened gun advocate has a point where they'd be willing to give up their own guns if these incidents kept occurring. Maybe not, but I doubt it. For some that line has already been crossed. But that's what we're talking about. The acceptable body count.
    Your logic is so twisted that it is mind blowing. YES we are to the point where the line as been crossed. But the part that we can't get through the thick skulls of liberals is the FACTS OF HISTORY!!!. MORE guns equal LESS crime EVERY TIME. Fewer guns equal MORE crime, EVERY TIME!!!!! People act like this article is too drastic but it WORKS!!! Go back and look at Kennesaw GA in the early 80s where they passed a law requiring home owners to keep at least one firearm in their house. The crime rate dropped drastically.
    * Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.(37)
    * Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed.(38)

Look at what happened in some of the major US cities when gun restrictions were added:

* Washington, D.C. has, perhaps, the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and yet it is frequently the Murder Capital of the nation. In the 25 years following the DC gun ban, its murder rate INCREASED 51 percent, even while the national rate DECREASED 36 percent.(49)
    * Objection: Critics claim criminals merely get their guns in Virginia where the laws are more relaxed. This, they argue, is why the D.C. gun ban is not working.
    * Answer: Perhaps criminals do get their guns in Virginia, but this overlooks one point: If the availability of guns in Virginia is the root of D.C.ís problems, why does Virginia not have the same murder and crime rate as the District? Virginia is awash in guns and yet the murder rate is much, much lower. This holds true even for Virginiaís urban areas, as seen by the following comparison on the 25-year anniversary of the DC gun ban (in 2001):

We both agree that things have gone too far but there is one solution that has worked every where it has been tried and one that fails 100% of the time. Children lives are at stake here. We have to put down our twisted ideas and do something that works. Believe me this is about to get a LOT worse. The children are now the target, America will be the next Beslan. CT was nothing to the loss of life there. If we don't do something to protect our children we will lose ALOT MORE.

Read this and tell me where you think our tax dollars should be going...

http://www.policeone.com/active-shoo...emy-is-denial/
    Quote Quote