What law would have stopped someone from killing a person with guns then stealing those guns to kill a s-load of people???
Correct me if I'm wrong but Connecticut ranks way up there with strict gun laws. In fact I believe the Brady center has them ranked as the fifth best.
* Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.(37)
* Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed.(38)
Look at what happened in some of the major US cities when gun restrictions were added:
* Washington, D.C. has, perhaps, the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and yet it is frequently the Murder Capital of the nation. In the 25 years following the DC gun ban, its murder rate INCREASED 51 percent, even while the national rate DECREASED 36 percent.(49)
* Objection: Critics claim criminals merely get their guns in Virginia where the laws are more relaxed. This, they argue, is why the D.C. gun ban is not working.
* Answer: Perhaps criminals do get their guns in Virginia, but this overlooks one point: If the availability of guns in Virginia is the root of D.C.ís problems, why does Virginia not have the same murder and crime rate as the District? Virginia is awash in guns and yet the murder rate is much, much lower. This holds true even for Virginiaís urban areas, as seen by the following comparison on the 25-year anniversary of the DC gun ban (in 2001):
We both agree that things have gone too far but there is one solution that has worked every where it has been tried and one that fails 100% of the time. Children lives are at stake here. We have to put down our twisted ideas and do something that works. Believe me this is about to get a LOT worse. The children are now the target, America will be the next Beslan. CT was nothing to the loss of life there. If we don't do something to protect our children we will lose ALOT MORE.
Read this and tell me where you think our tax dollars should be going...